Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Best Car I've Ever Owned

David, 05/22/2006

I got this 2004 Volvo S40 as a comapany car. I get a new car every 2 - 2.5 years. Of all the cars I've had this is my favorite. The class of Volvo, the turbo makes this car fun to drive. I drive my company car until it has 80,000 miles then get another. By the time the cars get 80,000 miles they are tired and I'm glad to see them go. But not my Volvo. At 80K it runs, looks, and drives as nice as the day I got it. I love this car. I have never wanted to keep my company car until now. I liked this car so much I got my wife a Volvo S80 Certified car and she loves hers. The dealer is wonderful, they treat you like royalty.

S40 Best Value

bigwillie, 03/20/2004

I had the opportunity to drive my S40 from Atlanta to San Antonio. This was a pleasurable round-trip, road noise was at a minimum, CD-radio system was reliable, braking was excellent, and the adjustable seats were key to a comfortable ride. My purchase experience in a fully loaded S40 was well below invoice price at around $22k. This is an excellent value for the dollar. As a previous BMW 325i driver this car compares favorably.

S40 2004.5

VLUVNIT, 03/21/2004

EXELENT DRIVE AND QUALITY PARTS

New S40 T5 is a great ride

Morvran, 03/27/2004

Volvos used to be too plain for my tastes...but not anymore. From the second you see the new S40 you realize this isn't your mother's Volvo. It has a much more aggressive look than their other sedans (much more so than their older S40s), especially with the sport package. The interior is just as nice. They have changed the navigation system controls for the better. The driver now has more of a joystick on the wheel to cycle through options, which makes it SO easy to use. There is also still a remote control.

Hello Beautiful

swordsman, 04/11/2004

I have only had the car for 2 days,but so far everything is excellent. Paint,trim,fit&finish is great. After 150 miles the motor seems to be loosening up nicely and is so smooth and quiet. Acceleration is smooth and strong. Rainy weather for most of the miles and I have never felt this secure driving a new car in such weather.Transmission is sooo smoooth. Nice stereo and inventive design.Really unique! A safe and aggressive car all rolled into one.

Cool car, Qick too

jgold95, 04/26/2004

Recently purchased the new t5 for my wife and i have to say it is a pretty cool car. we traded in an audi a4 3.0 and to tell you the truth i like the volvo better. i never thought i would say that but the overall look and feel of the car is great. it handels the road well and has great pick up. so far the only issue i have with it is when storing two specific stations in memory they sometimes like to revert back to one another but volvo is aware of it and they are awaiting a software fix. But i do have to say the dolby prologic surround sound system is worth the upgrade. It sounds great.

GREAT LITTLE CAR

CHARLES RICHARDS, 05/01/2004

A FUN CAR TO DRIVE....SURPRISING POWER ESPECIALLY ON THE INTERSTATE...DRIVER SIDE A LITTLE SNUG FOR A BIG FELLOW OR GAL....I MISS THE TILT STERRING RANGE...SHORT RANGE DOES NOT ALLOV EASY ENTRY TO DRIVERS SIDE

2004.5 Very Nice Car

Tareyece & Eric, 05/04/2004

I love to drive, and have been a solid VW fan. But the Volvo S40 with the turbo, it takes the experience to a new level. The handling is far above average in rain or dry pavement and the pick-up is fabulous. The interior is well thought out and does not have lots of redudndcies, every button or dial performes a necassary function and often pull double duty. The space, for me, is very roomy and the seatys are very comfortable. The trunk is quite large and has an excellent capacity. All around, this is a pleasure to drive.

Fantastic Car

lkw15, 05/16/2004

This car has been fantastic so far. The gas mileage is excellent, the ride is smooth, the acceleration is quick. With the premium package and climate package, this car comes loaded for a price right around high 25,000's, low 26's. I commute a long distance each day and this car has been a pleasure to ride in.

Impressed

GECIII, 05/21/2004

My wife recently got a new job about twice as far from home as her previous one and our youngest son got his license. With the price of gas, it was time to get rid of the minivan and look for something more fuel efficient. We weren't even planning on looking at the Volvo, but it happened to be the first dealer we passed. We didn't get any further. The car is great. You can't beat the design, sportyness, power, safety features, and the fun to drive factor for the price. She loves it and has been averaging 29mpg. I had my heart set on a BMW 3-series, but there's no competition. The S40 is by far the superior car.

12345...10