Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

I love it!

KEM, 11/29/2003

It has been really great, very reliable, comfortable, and handles great. It feels very solid and safe while driving.

great car

ZETA, 11/22/2003

I LOVE THE CAR. VERY FUN TO DRIVE. SMALL BUT COMFORTABLE. HOWEVER, NOT RECOMENDED FOR PEOPLE OVER 6 FOOT 4.

very reliable

David, 06/23/2005

Overall the car is pretty safe, it has already been into 3 minor accidents and one major accident. My wife was driving the vehicle on the Autobahn but there was a stau or traffic jam, well she stopped but the car hit her from the back at 90 mph, my son and wife were not harmed at all, just headaches. If it was any other car I don't think that my family would have made it. Volvo is the best, even though your not expecting an accident. Atleast you know that Volvo is built quality.

I love this car !!!

Ozgur, 12/15/2003

This is the best car I`ve ever had. It sporty, elegant, and reliable. I used to had couple of Japanese cars before, they were also good but I can not compare with this car. She got 1.9 litre small engine, but enough power. Built quality is much more better than most Japanese cars. Its reliable, safe and the most important, IT IS A VOLVO !!!

bang for buck

jennifers favorite, 01/04/2004

rides good very good fuel economy getting an average around 29 or 30 mpg on a 35 mile trip to work daily on road with cruise control set on 79mph we got 35 to36 mpg from ga to ind

Best Purchase Ever!

Debbie N., 02/01/2004

What a great little car! Having already purchased a used Volvo wagon, we knew we wanted our next car to be a Volvo, but affordability was an issue. I moved from a Saturn into the Volvo S40, and was surprised at how inexpensive the car was, and how much bang we got for our buck.

New S40

Dude 5, 02/11/2004

I love it. Drives like a luxury car with all the amenities you could want.

My Volvo S40 w/ Sports Package

WilliamLAlsmeyer, 02/16/2004

The Turbo makes this vehicle perform magnificently. It's a little cramped inside, but the trunk, and fold down rear seat produce lots of Cargo Space. My wife traded in her Volvo GL-240, w/ over 200k miles, and only did so because it became difficult to get repair parts. Comes w/ 3 years and 36k miles bumper-to-bumper warranty, including tires, w all routine and emergency maintenance w/o charge. That can be extended. Maintenance costs then, are included in the purchase price!

New to Volvo, I made a GREAT choice!

aglio412, 03/15/2004

Went to a VW dealership expecting to walk out with a turbo Beetle for my fiancee. Instead we got a GREAT deal on a 2004 S40 LSE. The ride is great and the car is shockingly responsive for only being a 4cyl turbo with automatic transmission. The interior is GREAT. the leather seating is luxurious and the dash/controls are ergonomically placed. I'm already so comfortable in it that I feel like I've owned the car for 3 years, not 3 days.

s40

N8theGr8, 03/18/2004

Love the design, volvo is slowly but surely changing themselves around. Excellent bang for you buck with this car.

12345...10