Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Amazing Car

jwarman, 07/29/2004

I have owned this car for about a month and a half and I love it. The performace is outstanding and easily outclasses the competition in the price range. The styling is great, it looks nothing like the Volvos of old. Also the gas milage is great given this is a high performace car. Volvo has definitely built a winner of a car and attracted a new audience.

Disappointed in Volvo

Mich91020, 02/19/2005

Went through not one, but two lemons. Multiple issues related to technical problems (car just froze) and cheaply made parts (engine bracket broke, yes while driving) and a number of unknowns (why is my engine light always on??)

my car

mike 1000, 05/28/2003

it's just basic transportation. no frills . was in the shop for some electrical problems 2 times.

s40 VOLVO with premium package

zoombaby, 07/19/2003

The 2004 S40 has good steering capabilities and holds to the road well. It isn't a S60 but for the size of the vehicle it performs just as well as the small BMW and better than the bottom line Mercedes. Free roadside assistance and maintenance for 4 years and the manner in which one is treated at the dealership's service dept. are an added plus.

VOLVOLUTION!!!

lele, 10/03/2003

Excellent design and performance

Best car for the price

Ken Y., 10/06/2003

My 2002 Monte Carlo SS was totalled when someone hit me from the rear. I went to many different dealerships Honda, Acura, Subaru, VW, etc. I just thought I would stop into the Volvo dealership to see what they had. They made me a deal I couldn't refuse on a 2004 S40. It has everything except fog lights and a spoiler. The only complaint I have is that the steering wheel vibrates a little when traveling above 70Mph.

BUYER BEWARE

KC PLAZA BUM, 10/08/2003

I really like my car, however, the paint is severely oxidizing on the top panels. Volvo North America's representative would not even look at my car saying it was not covered. The finish is dull and must be waxed everytime the car is exposed to bad weather or washed. I would look at other comparable cars. The yearly maintenence on this car is expensive. Oil change is $75.00, 1st service at 15,000 miles will run $250.00 and the 30,000 mile is just over $500.00. I also needed to replace my brakes at 25,00 miles for $500.00. Volvo uses very soft pads, your alloy wheels will always be covered in brake dust a day or so after washing your car.

Go Volvo

Ora May Harrell , 10/20/2003

Over all as a owner and avid driver. I look forward to staying in the volvo family. For I am eyeing the S60 R. Volvo, you keep up the good work. I checked out the S40 2005, It sounds pretty good. I can not wait to see them on the road. By the way, If you guys realy read these notes, hit me back. Sincerly, Peace,speed, and safty.

Safest Best Midsize Sedan EVER!!!

Taylormommy, 10/22/2003

This car makes me feel safe and secure when driving, especially now that I have a baby. Volvo is built for life and I feel confident trusting my daughter and my own life in the hands of their designers. I could not have asked for a more perfect car, I even had a black leather car seat to match the interior made!!!

One day, it may save my life.

Darius, 11/12/2003

Purchased a Cherry Red S40 w/ Sports Pkg for $20.3k. Good dealership, much nicer than Ford. The car is pretty quiet and fairly smooth. I'm still in the break-in period so I'm drying to push this puppy to 5k RPM after 2k miles. No real complaints except the seat adjustments are much different than the Lexus'. Accidentally ran a red light on the other day and stopped before hitting another car at the intersection. Good brakes. Two thumbs up.

12345...10