Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Traded 2000 S40 for 2004 S40

Mark Gray, 05/31/2003

I just traded my 2000 S40 for a 2004 S40. The dealer and the automobile are 1st Class. The small things I did not like about my 2000 such as location of window and mirror controls and cup holders have been improved greatly. The car also has a 5 speed automatic now and is much smoother and quiter. Some slight body changes make the car better than the 2000 model. A great car has been made almost perfect! Perfect would require about 200HP and 200lbs.ft. torque.

Great Car!

TravisScher, 06/24/2003

The volvo S40 is really a great value. It has a very luxurios feel to the inside and and a european style outside. It performs very nicely and I have no complaints.

Great Car

Bristol, 06/25/2003

I have owned Volvos for years and this is a great car with wonderful comfort for the front seat driver and passenger - plenty of legroom and quiet well appointed interior. Wonderful pickup and braking. Everything seems to work as advertised. A very practical and fun to drive car.

Great car for my used car budget

JRGILLESPIE, 04/02/2008

I owned a 94 850 wagon and loved it, then I saw this one for sale at a lot. So far it's great. I love the eye catching "Virtual Blue" color. The turbo is great and it's got good pick- up. My $11k went far and I know this car will last me just like my last one did. I love the aggressive look of the front end and the rims. My complaints are like most everyone else's...the radio is ridiculous. The knobs to control the presets are just awkward. A "popping" trunk release would have been nice as well. I rated reliability at an 8 but I haven't had the car long. I base this on previous Volvo experience.