Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Performance Bargain

Michael, 03/14/2008

I've been driving this car for about a month and I love it. It makes my commute enjoyable instead of it being a drudgery. The Volvo S40 handles like it's on rails, stuck to the road like glue.Really comfortable. The car feels so solid and well built. The 5 cylinder engine has a surprising amount of power. It really takes off when you punch the accelerator, and yet, fuel economy is better than my Honda Accord. I'm averaging about 32 mpg on the highway. I wish I had bought this car a long time ago!

First and Last Volvo

FtLauderdale, 12/14/2007

I'm not a big fan of this car and anxiously await the end of the lease. It's just not reliable enough, something is always going wrong and the service people act like they're doing you a big favor to fix it, even warrantly items that just should not be a problem so soon. With that scenario, rattles, wind noise, and poor gas mileage (22 mpg), I'll be looking elsewere for my next ride.

Lg families and lg egos need not apply

jece, 08/24/2003

In a nutshell:Solid value and understated elegance. If you want a sportscar or something to "show," perhaps you should look to BMW or Jaguar. This car offers every safety feature imaginable, its reliable, and the power of the turbo engine is more than adequate. Standard equipment far exceeds anything Audi or the Japanese have to offer. This is my second s40 as the s60 was a bit large for what I was looking for. No problems ever. Highly recommended-however, not for large families or large egos.

At this price it a no brainer!!!!!!!!!

jammer, 05/15/2003

My wife and I just recently purchased our S40 and are quite impressed. The ride and comfort is just great! After driving SUV's and truck's for the past 5 yrs it is a relief to find a vehicle with accelleration, fuel ecomony, and ride comfort in such a inexpensive vehicle. The interior of the car makes you feel like you riding in a luxury vehicle costing $10,000 more. Our S40 has the premium and climate package and was bought for only $22,000!!! Anyone looking at a SAAB 9-3, Audi A4, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, or even a Hyundai XG350, do yourself a favor and look at an S40. You'll find you can save $1,000's when getting the Volvo.

What a great car

Dannt t, 03/14/2016
2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Its a great safe car i recommended

12345...20