Used 1994 Volvo 850 Consumer Reviews

Used 850 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

good value for the money

atlmberry, 04/22/2002

The value of options is good for the price range, however... if you are looking for reliability first, you probably don't want to look here. I got a "well" maintained 850 with only 83k miles - had it checked out before my purchase only to find out later there were many repairs required (A/C leak, rear main oil, front oil leak, etc.). It's a very nice looking car with alot of options but it's no Acura when it comes to repairs.

volvo 1994 wagon

alpha, 05/23/2002

Just an all around great car, since day 1 and has been totally reliable, safe and seats are one of the best for comfort. The car has never had a any problems, just routine maintance. Overall outstanding and would recommend highly. My next car will be a volvo again.

know what you're buying

austinlad04, 05/26/2002

"Sportwagon" model rides like sports car. Return rate on shocks is hard enough to bring excellent handling, but also annoyance over speed bumps and rough roads. Quick-handling PT Cruiser like Suburban next to this. Base engine needs expert touch; auto tranny cooperates once you figure out the shiftpoints. Hand dealer your Amex and pray; longer repairs than any other shop. Swapping shorted shiftlock chip (in the cabin) for the tranny cost as much as replacing the topside motor stabilizer bushing. Power seat mechanics susceptible to early failure. Paint on leather wears quickly in sun. Scheduled service expensive due to labor charge.

2nd owner can't complain

bfriend, 06/03/2002

I bought my '94 turbo in '98 and have had very good performance out of it. Reliability better than expected and dealerships (in 3 different states) have been more helpful than my distrustful nature cares to admit. Paint still looks good and overall have been satisfied.

An excellent car for me

smoothington, 06/23/2002

I've had many new Japanese and American (Acura, Nissan, Dodges, Ford, Chevy) cars before and sold them after a few years. This is my first European car and I plan to keep as long as it runs. I thought it wouldn't be as reliable as my Acura or Nissan. I've had it for 3 yrs and 55k miles and has 120k miles on it. It's much more reliable than I anticipated. I treat my cars very well and didn't buy without finding one with all maintenance records. I replaced 02 sensors at 75k and turbo hose. Only routine maintenance otherwise.

12345...11