Used 2013 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Still a great SUV choice for those who tow.

toolmanjohn, 11/23/2013
TDI Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Just around 8300 miles on my Touareg TDI, and I haven't had any real problems with the vehicle. It handles like a sedan, plenty of power, and the brakes are fantastic. Mileage is better than I was hoping. THe 20mpg city would have been great, but I get 22-23 mpg consistently with a 20 mile round trip commute each day. It's VERY quiet, and this may be because the transmission shifts around 2250rpm, so the diesel nevers really works hard. This past Summer it towed my small travel trailer like it wasn't there. Easily pulls on the highway and back roads.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Love the handling of this SUV - fun to drive

hhs2000, 02/16/2013
TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is my first diesel car. Boy, I love the torque. Didn't realize the modern diesel engine is so clean and quiet until I drove one. Fell in love with the diesel car. Had 1100 miles on it. With 70/30 hwy/local driving. I got avg 28 mgp. I test drove Audi Q5, MB ML350, GLK and VW Touareg. love the Q5 and Touareg. Sold on Touareg on room and power train and big fuel tank. I don't have to visit gas station as often. A full tank give me 700+ mile. I had to fill my Honda Pilot every 350 miles. I still own a 2007 Honda Pilot. Great reliable SUV. But in terms of driving experience. Honda can't compare with VW Touareg. Touareg is a Luxury SUV under a none-luxury badge. I like it.

5 out of 5 stars

I Do Have A Gripe!

claudestouareg, 07/18/2013
TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Okay, we love this car. We researched the whole field of candidates and in the end there was no other choice to deliver this level of overall satisfaction: TDI=check, 8 speed tranny=check, full time all wheel drive=check, good value for money=check, excellent build quality=check, and so on. But as a tech geek I have an unrequited curiosity about the technical details of this car, particularly the drive train components. Such details are hard to come by from the manufacturer and that is just not right given the the level of sophistication and do-not-touch obscurity of traditionally accessible owner service points. It is disquieting to have your mechanic say "you can't change a light bulb"

4.75 out of 5 stars

German Tank

sammy12000, 01/28/2013
TDI Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have about 2500 miles on my TDI. The mpg rating is pretty accurate on this suv. I live in L.A. and i was able to drive round trip to Vegas and still had over a 1/4 tank of gas left! And no i was not driving like a granny to save gas, this was under normal-to-semi-aggresive driving. The car has a VERY quiet interior. This car feels very planted and solid thank to the all wheel drive. You cannot tell this car is a diesel as it is very quiet although when you punch the gas the diesel makes an awesome aggresive note. The power steering is a little stiff but has an impressive turning radius. The steering wheel does have the typical vibration known to VW's.

5 out of 5 stars

A Very Capable & Comfortable SUV

jabteb, 01/26/2013
TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is a very capable and comfortable SUV. TDI provides loads for power for effortless acceleration and cruising. On the road, it has great manners with precision steering and a nice road feel. In the snow and gunk 4 Motion provides super secruity. The 8 speed transmission is extremely smooth and when coupled with the TDI accelerates quickly to expressway cruising speeds. The ride is smooth and quiet with little cabin noise. Leather seating is fits the body like a glove. I only have 1500 miles on it but mileage is around 26 MPG real world with about 2/3 highway and 1/3 town. I've already seen the advertised 29 MPG on the highway and it isn't even broke in yet.

12345...7