Used 2006 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
2.88 out of 5 stars

Beware of Problems

Jac Lavone, 11/03/2005
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had two Volkswagen Touaregs and had nothing but headaches. VW doesn't want to deal with many of the ongoing issues and they eventually refunded my payments and took back the vehicles. The truck is beautiful until you have your FIRST problem. Then, run!

2.13 out of 5 stars

VW - No Longer the People's Car

VeroDD, 01/15/2007
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In my opinion, it's a good looking vehicle but not well thought out. To replace the battery, you must remove the driver's seat and controls. The spare tire is not inflated. It has a 12v air pump to assist you, only if you do not have a dead battery. The rear seats must have the head rests removed in order to be lowered. The rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own and run randomly. The exterior paint is VERY soft. Just the slightest brush against it and it scratches. The tires are worn out at 20,000 miles. The dealer says I'm lucky. Most fail earlier. Parts fall off! A cover for the rear wiper and one of the VW emblems just fell off. This was not covered under warranty.

The Amazing V10 Diesel

SLA, 08/29/2009
V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I had a 2004 Touareg V8 before this one and it had a lot of electrical problems. Replaced it with the V10 and couldn't be happier, one of the best vehicles I have owned. It has amazing performance, gets very good fuel economy considering its weight and size and will tow over 7700 lbs. Haven't had any problems with it, just normal maintenance, which isn't cheap but I have a prepaid maint. plan. It does eat up tires but haven't had to replace the brakes (30k miles).

Touareg V8

Vermonter, 04/23/2007
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

At first I was hesitant to buy this car because of poor ratings for the 04 model. I'm glad I did. It gets better gas mileage (18 mpg) than the 02 Explorer, had every possible option, sounds outstanding when hitting the gas, and the stereo with navigation is close to what I have in my house. This car drives like the Porsche for about 15K less cash. Excellent capability this winter in the snow, excellent handling.

Love my Touareg

Mbaye, 03/09/2010
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I read the comments but overall, they were not bad! They were 8.3 on a scale of 10 for consumers and 7.8 for the editors! Personally, I don't think this is as bad as some "wieners" must think. Think about the alternative Toyotas! The car does not accelerate and it is made to work as intended! It is a car for raggedy and tough road conditions like the Sahara desert in Africa or the bad road in Africa! The only think I think they should improve on is MILEAGE per gallon, but again, you are not driving a hybrid here! Bottom line this is a great car, backed by a reliable builder, and a trustworthy holding company named PORSCHE! The car shares many parts with the Porsche (same chassis)!

I don’t usually award 5 stars, so 4 is great

Jimmy W, 09/09/2018
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The quality feel of the car exceeds that of the Touareg of 2017; it’s a shame they won’t be built like this for the US market anymore. I haven’t had many problems except for drive shaft center support bearings (2 times), very expensive fix by dealer ($1,600) as are all regular maintenance and parts. Aftermarket has brand name parts much cheaper (about half price or less), but then you have to talk someone into installing them. With almost 160,000 miles from new and I still enjoy my Touareg a great deal! For the most part it has held up well, and I have learned how to play the maintenance game. Still looks and drives great; incredible all wheel drive! Weather cannot stop it, nor can most off road challenges.

2 out of 5 stars

Avoid Touareg

hman, 12/30/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This truck is a sluggish gas guzzler. It has a cheap build and the horrible VW dealer network that treats you like a pain instead of a customer. It looks great outside, but skimps on build quality. The interior finish looks great, but uses cheap materials. Stick to Toyota or if your ego demands, BMW X5 is amazing in comparison.

First time VW owner

jkhintx, 04/25/2011
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Never thought I would own a VW. Always drove Honda or Nissan vehicles. I love my Touareg! It handles better than anything from Japan and it is sooo tight. I have 61K miles on it and I am putting brakes on now. Rotors all okay the way around and having a friend put pads and wire sensors on both axles. It always pays to have a good friend who is a mechanic.

5 out of 5 stars

TDI...Great Towing, Comfort & Power!

TJ, 03/28/2007
V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second Touareg. The first was a fully loaded 2004 V8 which I really loved. It replaced my Range Rover Classic. Did everything the Rover did, for $20K less and towed better too. With 100K miles on the V8, I figured I would take advantage of the current discounts on the 06 TDI. The vehicle is identical except for DVD navigation on the new one and of course the V10 twin turbo diesel. The V8 was very fast, but this thing flies. Better yet is the fuel economy.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Replaced Cayenne S with V10 TDI

Lee, 07/07/2010
V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

When our 2004 Cayenne S had nearly 100k miles, I bought a 2007 Dodge with 5.7 Hemi to tow with. After one off-ramp at the speed I considered normal in the Cayenne, the Dodge had completely spooked and disappointed me. I found a 2006 VW with 5.0 TDI and bought it with 29k miles. Very satisfied with it, especially mileage (15+ city, 23+ Hwy, 19.0 overall, and 14.3 towing a 5800 lb race car trailer!) Also, it had air suspension that hadn't been available in the Cayenne S when we bought it. Very good. Finally, backup camera is wonderful! Can hook up trailer on first try. Only negatives. The Nav system is pitiful, and no tire pressure monitor in this one. Audio good, not great.

3.25 out of 5 stars

First Year for Touareg

Mary Lou King, 10/27/2005
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

For such a bulky vehicle (I have to fold in mirrors to get in garage), I am very cramped with the driver's seat all the way back (6'4"/230 lbs). It is hard to see left or right rear by turning in the drivers seat. The owners manual does NOT describe how to set the dash clock. I had to go to two dealerships (7 sales persons and three mechanics before the clock could be set). I e-mailed VW about the clock and NEVER received an answer. This truck gets very poor gas mileage (about 13 mpg) for a 6-cylinder. there is no immediate response from the gas pedal when starting out. Access to the engine appears restricted due to the intake manifold (?) covering top of engine. I'll find out for sure when it's time to take a wrench to it.

Many improvements on the '06 Model

Chris, 06/02/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We had am '05 Touareg, which was our was worst nightmare, a total lemon. VW bought it back and gave me an '06 model. I have just about every option. My favoriate option is air suspension, it's great for off-roading. This vehicle is very good off-road and in the snow The DVD navigiation system is much better than the '05 model's CD navigation, it is a night and day difference. I have had no problems with my '06, nut the '05 was total debacle. I'm definately on track to buy another one in a year or two, based on how my '06 has been so far.

2.75 out of 5 stars

Dishonest maker

Lisa, 03/17/2009
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Touareg by default, the first one had so many electrical issues that I took it back to the dealer and refused to pay for it any longer. So being the generous automaker/dealer they decided they would let me out of that lease but only if I would resign a lease with them for the NEW AND IMPROVED 2006 Touareg. I did, I really liked the look and the way it handled. The 2006 version has been a nightmare, first the noise caused by some unknown vibration, dealer fixed by adding foam behind the dash, then when I complained of the continued vibration I was told it was my tires. I replaced my tires it improved put did not fix. Brakes bad, ridiculous cost to replace but its not just the

Tons of fun

AADAM, 06/27/2008
V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I love driving my Tdi Touareg daily. It is a blast; tons of torque and hp which makes it a lot of fun. We put the car on a rolling chassis dyno to see what it would do and how much power and torque it would lose through the drivetrain; from the engine to the tires. We were pleasantly suprised. It is rated at 310 hp and 554 lb-ft at the motor so I thought it should put down somewhere around 250-260 hp and 460- 485 lb-ft of torque at the tires. The dyno results surprised us all to say the least; 299 hp and 548 lb-ft torque at the tires; damn near matched the power ratings which were listed as at the flywheel. It is very difficult not to drive it with your foot to the pedal. Brakes are super as well. Super!!

Nice vehicle

Karree McCarter, 06/29/2016
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, only draw back is living in a small town with limited Volkswagen mechanics.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Bad Electronics

vbrand, 06/23/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the Touareg. I love the way it drives and love the interior. BUT it has been in the shop every two weeks since I bought it (all electrical issues). to top that off the dealership here has treated me terribly.

4.25 out of 5 stars

The Perfect SUV

Steven , 07/29/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My VW Touareg is just awesome. It drives like a car on the highway. It hits high speeds with no trouble at all. It is better than a car because it is also one of the best off roading SUV ever made. It is just a great SUV! The V8 engine is lots of fun to drive! It has a great transmission with sport mode, which is great for passing.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Jenny Craig Has Met Her Match

Dan, 02/12/2008
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car needs to lose 1000lbs. Fast. I just traded a 2006 BMW 330i for my Touarag and love it for what it is. It is a heavy, cumbersome mammoth of a SUV. Truly capable both off and on- road, through any weather and virtually any terrain, even when limited by stock tires. The engine is responsive and flexible, but the transmission hunts for gears way too often. The interior looks well-made; but there are far too many rattles. The gadgets all work together to create marvelous ergonomics, but they're not reliable on a day-to-day basis. Great brakes, fantastic suspension, over-boosted steering. Fuel economy is atrocious, but that's to be expected with a 5200-lb SUV.

For your consideration

NJTouareg, 08/16/2009
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used 2006 Touareg in May 2009. Within 2 days it had to be towed to get the ignition coils replaced. Shortly thereafter it was dead in the street, alternator and battery. The day after the alternator was replaced, the drive shaft went. Fortunately, all this was still covered. Two things concern me: first, did VW knowingly make a vehicle with so many major flaws that they wanted to compete in the luxury market? And second, what does VW do when the "certify" a used vehicle? To date Burlington VW has been good about repairing everything, but even they are starting to consider whether or not we should keep the vehicle. Despite all above, still like the truck, if it will run....

4.13 out of 5 stars

My Experience

Len, 10/03/2008
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my touareg after a careful research in publications to see what vehicle could go farther per tank full. I wanted an SUV that could go fast, far, be stable and competent off road. I live in Miami and after several hurricanes I saw huge lines at the gas stations when a hurricane may be heading here. I needed a car that would take me out of the state in case a category 4 or 5 hurricane came here. My touareg v-6 has an epa rating of 21 mpg and a fuel tank 26.6 gal with a theoretical range of 556 miles. I go from my house in Miami, to I-95 to the Florida turnpike to I-75 to the state line using Cruise control and tiptronic on 6 gear in one tank full. This is over 475 miles. This is great.

Best SUV on the road 4 the money

Red2006vwtoureg, 02/06/2009
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this V6 2006 for $35,000 year end special. Ride is so smooth you can fall asleep. I'm 6'4 there is lots of room. If you drive with a light foot you can get 24 mpg on the highway. Sharp looking, handles the road like a sports car. Anyone I give a ride to says it's the nicest SUV they have ever been in. GREAT SMOOTH ride, AWD keeps it on the road in rain or snow.

My Year with VW

louis novak, 01/05/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Touareg. It's great on the highway, easy to manouver, has outstanding visability, and good pick-up. I hate the radio and reception though. It isabsolutely unacceptable and unable to be improved by the service department.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great interior quality, good looking SUV

HS, 05/01/2007
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice SUV. Interior design and quality, power, handles great.

2.25 out of 5 stars

atrocious brakes

Brian Randall, 03/31/2008
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In less than 20,000 miles of city driving it is necessary to replace front and back brakes at a cost of $1800.00. This is considered normal according to the service department. I have driven SUVs for 20 years and have never had to replace brakes. Volkswagen offers no assistance and only warranties for 12,000 miles, which is useless. I would warn any potential buyers of the Touareg that they can expect a $1800 brake expense every 12-20,000 miles.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Love it ,But

jak54, 09/12/2009
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this Touareg for about 4000 miles now. It's a great SUV as far as the the ride and handling. I'm not going to complain about the terrible gas mileage. I mean someone else already mentioned this, IT'S A 5500 LB SUV! What bothers me is the cheap plastic they used on in the interior! The decals on the radio presets and on the fans, etc. The supposedly buttons for a garage door opener do not work. Took it to the dealer..he said "use your own opener"...and the stereo controls...shouldn't they be on the steering wheel? Bells and whistles don't mean much if they don't work. Oh, and the VW logo in the center of the wheels, is glued on!

Great Vehicle

B.A.S., 12/27/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am a very picky person and I scrutinize my choices very closely and this one passed all of my tests. The interior and exterior design is superb and, being a VW, is about as high-quality as you can get for less than $100,000. It drives great, although the V6 is a bit anemic when pulling my 6,000 lb. trailer, but then again, what other V6 SUV can tow up to 7,700 lbs.? it is very comfortable (I got package 1 with mine) and the tranny shifts very smoothly. The fuel economy leaves something to be desired, I average 19 mpg with about 40% city/60% hwy driving, but it is better than what the EPA says it is (a typical VW trait) and is not bad for an SUV. It, like all VWs, is very reliable. Buy one!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Maintenance is the key....

chazthephoenix, 04/13/2012
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

As with all used vehicles, the quality of the experience is directly correlated to the previous owner. Yes, VW under estimated the finish on the buttons on the interior, but they over estimated the quality of the drivetrain. THIS VEHICLE WILL GO ANYWHERE. We bought ours used...a 2006 V6 with 48k...thats in immaculate shape. The ride is excellent, handles excellent in the snow, its just feels sturdy. yes, its not great on gas...neither was my explorer that I had before this. This is affordable luxury. My suggestion: buy the extended warranty. You will thank me!

Touareg rules

DJ, 10/28/2008
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was compelled to write this review on my 06 Touareg after I saw several misguided reviews complaining about mechanical tire wear, gas mileage and maintenance. This isn't a Honda Civic, it's a $40k+ 5,000 lb AWD SUV with tons of safety features and gadgets galore. Tire wear gas mileage & maintenance are all going to be higher, that's what you should expect with any luxury car. If you're not willing or prepared for higher cost of ownership, you shouldn't have bought one. Buy a Honda. That being said this is my 4th VW and although it's more expensive per visit it visits the oil change half as often and has needed nothing more than oil, one set of tires and front brakes over 40k miles.

1.5 out of 5 stars

Stung by the pollen filters and drowning in water

blonde53, 11/03/2012
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's like a death. Or a... divorce maybe? You love your vehicle and then you find out it was all a lie. Beware of the pollen filters! They have a design flaw and they clog so ... when you drive in rain the water will get trapped in your footwell. This is true if you own a Passat or Jetta. They have the same problem. In the Touareg it will cost you 6 grand and that will not be the end of your problem. VW has been aware of the flaw... sued in the New Jersey courts . Google to read lawsuit. Once the water has destroyed your AWD module and started to rust your car and mold begins to grow... your car is really worthless trying to sell it. VW does NOT care about its customers. DO NOT BUY VW's!

'06 Touareg

VW backagain, 04/19/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good. I compared my Touareg with competitive models and VW surprisingly came out way on top in terms of price / feature ratio and comfort / performance ratio. BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus really have nothing over this VW.

Professional and Sharp

MARGARET ADEBAYO, 07/14/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Touareg is a strong and fast truck. It handles the road with ease. The brakes and safety features are great. The only thing I dislike about this truck is its poor gas mileage.

Touareg in Fort Worth

CowtownTouareg, 08/19/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My Touareg's gas mileage is OK, about 16 city and 20 highway. The V6 engine is smooth, quiet, and accellerates well, though it frequently upshifts. The leather interior quality is superb. It's quiet and comfortable. It has Package 4 including the upgraded stereo (fantastic) and navigation, which I'm addicted to. Overall I think the Touareg is a great vehicle and I would buy one again. It's the best SUV I've owned and feels very safe, which it is. My next Touareg may be a V8. It's frequently more than 100 degrees here in the summer and the A/C works extremely well and cools the car very quickly, and mine is black with tan leather. The rear view camera in the navigation system works great, even at night. It is a real lifesaver!

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6

Marbella E. De Jesus, 08/24/2005
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

When I'm driving in my Touareg I feel safe because of it's heavy frame and excellent handling abilities. The interior is plush, the exterior is slick and the ride is smooth. What more can you ask for? Volkswagen has definitely set the standard for what an SUV should really be like.

Excellent

Andre & Jane, 01/17/2007
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

So far, we have had an excellent experience with our Touareg. After 17,000 miles, we have had no issues. It's fun to drive and quiet. It has the quality materials and the look of a top luxury vehicle.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Bittersweet

Momma's Car, 10/13/2008
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have yet to own my Touareg for a full year. I brought it from a VW dealership thinking that it would be as close to as buying it new and I have had to replace all four tires. The front brakes were replaced once and just this passed week I had to have ALL brakes and rotors replace! To fill up my tank its about $90 +/-. My husband drives a GMC Yukon with 4-doors and it cost about the same for his gas! Love my VWs but I think after this it's time to move on!

3.88 out of 5 stars

Touareg is too heavy for V6

fabiola, 04/11/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I'm dissapointed with the V6 VW Touareg, it has no pickup with the V6 engine. This causes problems when trying to accelerate onto, say, the highway. The fuel economy is also quite poor but perhaps it is better on the V8 since you'll be gunning the engine less to get the truck to respond.

Touareg

Corey, 11/11/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The vehicle overall is fantastic. It performs great, is comfortable and has all the creature comforts anyone needs. The gas mileage is awful in my V8. Reports said that it should have averaged 16-17, but I have never gotten 17 except on long trips. I average 13- 14 overall. But my biggest complaint is spending $50,000+ on a vehicle and having it in the shop a half dozen times for electrical issues. VW was supposed to have this issue solved, but apparently no one told the folks that are still making the vehicle!

4.5 out of 5 stars

Fun with Touareg

george haydu, 12/27/2006
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a very fine and high quality vehicle. Its gas mileage could be better. I consider this the poor man's Porche.

Love the Touareg

ellie, 11/25/2005
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Consumer Reports gave the Touareg V6 low ratings. Their reviews citing "sluggishness" do not consider the tiptronic shifting or "superdrive" options. It is not a racecar, but its performance is more than adequate. Also, I get 19-20mpg in 7,500-8,700ft mountainous terrain using high quality oil; it's as good or better than comparable SUVs. Ice and snow on steep hills -- no problem; the Toureg outperforms our Subaru Outback on ice because of the locking differential and torque. The heated seats sure do help on cold mornings. For driving performance, there is very little lean around corners; I feel safe while driving and would recommend this truck to anyone.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Loving it!

Muji, 07/19/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Touareg three week ago, and I absolutely love it. It’s fun to drive, and it feels great. The interior is second to none. I considered several other SUV’s in it’s class, and the Touareg's interior was far superior. I do however, wish that it had slightly quicker acceleration, which I hear is obtainable with the V8. I also would have liked to have had an optional third row seat. The Toureg is more spacious than some of its competitors as a result of leaving the third row out. So, that’s a toss up. Even with the three rows down in some of the other SUV’S it felt congested. There is no congestion in the Toureg. The only downside to purchasing the Touareg is the frequent trips to refuel. GO FOR IT.

What a SUV....Touareg Lover

Linda Virtudes, 04/30/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoy driving my vehicle and the suspension is very smooth. The turning radius is awesome. I am able to manuever with ease and the steering is very comfortable. The interior of the vehicle seals off the noise from the outside. The seats are very comfortable and the head space is roomy. I think its neat that the glove compartment is also air conditioned to keep your chocolates from melting.

Very Good Car, Very Happy

gerhard schonian, 11/27/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The Touareg's style is very nice. It has a very roomy interior.

Best SUV Out There!

vwdriver, 02/06/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The 2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 has a great ride on city roads and highways. It handles like a car. It's very comfortable for long trips. I haven't taken it off road, but I can't wait to see what this baby can do. It also has more cargo space than its competitors! I love its design, this SUV definitely stands out from the rest, it's great vehicle.

Touareg Rocks!

BuilderDude, 01/24/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2006 Touareg V6 for a little over a week and I is a great SUV. I test drove every high end sedan and SUV and the Touareg beats them hands down. The quality, ride and comfort can't be beat. I've also not seen another Touareg on the street since delivery and I love that. I've owned VW's back in the early '80's and I had forgotten how well they are engineered. Don't by a Mercedes, buy a Touareg.

2006 Volkswagen Touareg

Vic, 06/01/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This truck has a nice, classy look inside and out that drives like a dream.

Awesome!

Keith Rigdon, 02/15/2006
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with the VW Touareg V6. Having owned many American model cars the Touareg provides my family and I with a sense of security and reliability when compared to its counterparts. The Touareg is a wonderful vehicle to drive. In fact, I am considering purchasing another Touareg.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Tires/Suspension

vman, 06/20/2008
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive and excellent winter driving vehicle. Problem: Tire cupping and road noise after 5-6000 miles. Have had tires replaced on two occasions, two alignments and at 32,000 miles VW now says they won't fully warranty the tire issue. Issues not fully resolved yet!!

3.63 out of 5 stars

Major Issues

ttrag, 09/02/2008
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car into the shop multiple times for issues with the computer and they can not seem to get them straight. Most recently I have had to replace the brakes (including the rotors). I was told by someone in the service department that this was very common and that there were a lot of "Unhappy Touareg Customers". I was basically told that I would have to spend $1,500 dollars every two years on the brakes with this car. To add to this...when I called into Volkswagen's customer care department and was told that the problem was merely related to my driving habits. I have children or pets in my vehicle most of the time and I assure you that my driving habits are average at most.

2.25 out of 5 stars

Horrible car

Terrible, 10/05/2008
V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have so many problems with this car. The brakes scream every time I step on them. Just recently when ever I turn (what sounds like the fan belt) rattles when I turn. The seats are not comfortable, If you have a family and use the back seat a lot you might as well by a boulder to drive because it feels like your riding on one. I don't think the new ones are much better.

New Used VW Owner

lapink, 02/23/2009
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I made the switch from a BMW 328ci to a big (for me) SUV. I bought this car used and I haven't owned it long, but I'm already in love. I guess I'll have to write again when I've put on more miles. It handles superb on the highway and in the snow. This car is smooth making it hard to keep it anywhere near speed limit. I looked at many other "high class" SUVs, but I had to go with the poor mans Cayenne. I felt spoiled by all the unbelievable extras in the V8 Touareg. There's no way I could get this car new. It amazes me that a VW could go for so much, but used it's a great deal. Plus, unlike other vehicles, it's nice to have a car that few people have and get many compliments.

51050