2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

$25,245

Save as much as $276
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Real nice SUV, far better than the on-line reviews

Michael S, 12/10/2020
SE R-Line Black 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am a car guy, always have been. I was looking for a AWD SUV that looked great, performed well and especially fit my 6'6" body. I am single, no kids at home and I wanted a mid-sized SUV not a large land yacht. I had a $40,000 budget. I read all the reviews and tried all of the most popular and decided on this 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line Black. The SE had all the features I wanted (with the exception of the rain sensored wipers) with nonne of the things I didn't need (navigation, leather seats, third row seating) I'm 6'6". The Tiguan was one of a small few that allowed me to enter and exit easily. I like the clean lines of the exterior where there are no bumps and bulges and the vehicle doesn't look like something out of a science fiction movie. I like the understated interior where the fit and finish is great, things are where they are supposed to be and their use is intuitive and doesn't take a 1000 page manual to set it up for my preferences. Most reviewers call the looks boring, I find it very pleasing, an understated elegance without much of the junk that appeals to a younger demographic. Performance has been criticized but I find it pretty good and acceptable for what I need.I love great sports cars and muscle cars but this is not what I need in an SUV. I don't need neck snapping acceleration like a Porsche , I need something that can get up to highway speeds quickly, a vehicle that can handle the hills and back roads and the weather here in New England. The Tiguan does this very well. It is very smooth and quiet on the highway and handles remarkably well on the back, twisty roads. I also like that you don't see hundreds of them on a daily commute, it is nicely unique and in my opinion a great looking vehicle that is fun to drive. If I wanted the exhilaration of a sports car, I would buy a Corvette or a Porsche 911. This Tiguan is what I wanted in an SUV at a very good price. 7 months since purchase: I have driven or ridden in many of the vehicles in this category and I still find the Tiguan to be the right SUV for me. It is more spacious, I like the way that the seats wrap around and hug my body. It is a great deal of fun in Sport mode when whipping around twisty roads or city streets but Normal is where I spend most of the time driving because it offers a nice level of performance while still getting me around 23 mpg overall. Econo Mode turns the vehicle into a real slug and I just won't waste my time. I needed to move my girlfriend since I bought the vehicle and I was very impressed with the amount of stuff that you can fit in this car. We moved everything except her bed and couches. The car looks great, performs very well and has exceeded my expectations in just about every way. One additional note: the 4motion works great in snow BUT the 20 inch wheels with the Hankook tires on the R Line Black are somewhat limited. They will get you there but you need to pay attention and take severe weather very seriously. They look fantastic but just not the best.

Frugal friend

Drivingshouldbefun, 02/18/2021
SE R-Line Black 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

You should know the 2 wheel drive r line with those wide flat tires is worthless in snow, regardless what the sales person says. Also mine has a whistle above 60 in the cabin. It tracks great going 90 down the interstate and has no understeer on exit ramps. I’m 247 6’5” and have plenty of room with room for my long legged kids behind me. The seat are FIRM. Car is averaging 27.4 mpg which is considering I drive hammer down. Over all it’s fun to drive, just buy the all wheel drive model if you live where the white stuff flies.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

Perfect fit for me

Patrick M, 02/25/2021
SE R-Line Black 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I just purchased a 2021 R Line Black SE and it is a very sharp looking mid sized SUV. More roomy than may be expected, and interior is very sharp too. Some say boring but to me it is clean and efficient. Well thought out. Tech is very user friendly. Decent power (more than sufficient) and great handling. Panoramic moon roof a great addition. Appearance is a personal thing, but this one really suits me, and the performance hits the mark too. Highly recommend!

ad labelAd
Build Your Tiguan
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • $25,245starting MSRP

5 out of 5 stars

Delilah is the girl of my dreams!!

Stellyfay, 02/13/2021
SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Recently purchased a car I wanted, as opposed to the car that fit my family and lifestyle. Kids have their own car, now Mama has one she loves too!! It was between a Mazda Cx-5 and Delilah. She won hands down. She's a little longer has a small 3rd row seat for those few and far between days when I have to be the mom mobile again. Panoramic sunroof and all of the bells and whistles!! I love love love her!!

5 out of 5 stars

Best Looking SUV in its class!

Jordan, 03/20/2021
SE R-Line Black 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

From features to esthetics.. this SUV doesn’t disappoint! The 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line is something to not look over. I’m a Happy Owner!