Used 2009 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

FAV VAN FOR THE FAM!!!
By Emilee Jacobs

2009 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Yes the 2011 VW Routan is a borrowed body and design concept from the Dodge Caravan but it's overloaded with German engineering and that's exactly what I needed and wanted for my family. My four children and my Mother are seated comfortably on every trip, there's lots of room for our items and activities and I wouldn't want to drive anything else except for the Amarok but unfortunately those aren't sold here in the U.S. We also enjoy our 2003 VW Beetle TDI (Diesel). My child plan on driving their own VWs when they become of age. YAY!

not bad for the price .
By Chris Muldoon

2009 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I got my van new in 09 , and its been driven coast to coast with little or no trouble , so far the only part I had to pay for was the coolent temp sender . Yes it has had some recalls and I to have had the brake wear issues but if fixed that by installing power stop extreme towing and hauling pads and rotors, no problems after that . I think alot of people are just bashing it , for the price you cant complain , I paid 26k for a fully loaded van with 2 dvd players and 3 screens , go look at a Honda of Toyota and they coast over 40k at the time, in todays money thats over 50k , all in all I'm happy with my fake VW and she just keeps trucking .

Worst Car Ever!!!
By MelinNj

2009 Volkswagen Routan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Don't but this Dodge garbage! Nightmare since Day 1! During the first year of ownership, I bought pre-owned with 25,000 miles on it, my dealer had the car more than I did! I have a stack of repair orders 2 inches thick. They replaced the motor twice. Has nothing but defective parts. Now I'm going through an issue where the car won't start at all. Replaced the starter and Battery. So then I do some more research and find that many others about the same problem! Not sure why this has not been recalled! The door seals leaking, the doors fill with water, the electrical system has gone crazy causing all windows to roll down during the rain and not go back up. Garbage!

junky
By dmitriy shindyakov

2009 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

RUN LIKE HELL
By Ros

2009 Volkswagen Routan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This by far is one of the worst vehicles. I only had it a week and its been in the service shop everyday...REFUND