Used 2008 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Reviews

Used R32 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Best Small Car in the World

Peter Wechsler, 06/18/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I am the #1 fan of VW/Audi vehicles and have owned both brands for years. They both make world class vehicles. VW has hit a home run with the R32. I just took possession of the car and the driving experience is incredible. It has all the safety option you need: ABS, AWD, 6 airbags, ESP, seat belt pretensioners, and the list goes on and on. The build and quality in unsurpassed. The AWD and the VR rated tires make this a great handling car. The interior is plush and well thought out. Although I would have like to see 300 hp, the 250 hp V6 engine is sufficient, unless you are racing the car. The car is rock solid throughout. i opted for the car without navigation.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Mature fun

vincenth, 06/20/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

After taking three long test drives comparing the new EVO, STI, and R32, I decided to purchase the VW. While both the EVO and STI will out perform the R32, I felt the VW was the best overall blend of performance and comfort.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Engine boggs on accelleration

JC, 06/24/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Day after I bought the car it started hesitating and the car stall on me in traffic. Took the car to the dealer the next day and they said they couldn't find the problem. After taking the car several times to the dealer they finally found the problem. It took them 13 days to fix it while I was given a rental car. They replaced the "EVAPCANIST".

4.88 out of 5 stars

Whoa!

NewnanR32, 07/09/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I have had my R32 for 4 days now. I had previously owned a 1995 Jetta VR6. I knew what to expect with the power and performance. However I had no idea how smooth and precise the DSG was until my First Road Trip - from Detroit to Atlanta (750 miles). I learned that "S" means See Ya later! I was comfortable and enjoy the drive. Unbelievable handling and acceleration! This vehicle is low key and stays under the "Radar" with police. I look forward to adding a Cool Air Intake in the coming weeks to help with gas mileage and possibly more.

4.75 out of 5 stars

The Ultimate "Grown Up" Pocket Rocket

Tony, 11/03/2008
2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I have been wanting this car ever since it hit our shores at the end of 07, however, I didn't want to pay sticker (or more) simply b/c it was a limited edition vehicle. Ended up paying $29K for my new non nav R32. I love the styling, DSG & all wheel drive grip of the Haldex 4motion system. This car really offers the best of the "boy racer" fun, but yet the practicality of a 3 dr hatchback without all the hood scoops and large winged spoilers. The fuel economy is the only real negative; and it's not the 18 mpg in the city that bothers me, its the short cruising range of 225 to 270 mls; the answer would have been a bigger tank. Otherwise no complaints; it's a great car that I would recommend.

12345...10