Used 2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews

Komfort 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

0-60mph No problem
By MP

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I absolutely lived the accelaration of my Passat! The steering too was very responsive and car handled really great. I didn't kind my work commute or road trips because the car was comfortable and the sound system was good. If Volkswagen had honored the extended warranty instead of making me shell out $110-125 in diagnostics tests every six months, I never would have sold my Passat AND would have purchased another Volkswagen.

Never Again VW
By NeverAgainVW

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't buy it!!! First time buying a VW of any kind. My Passat is a lemon. Purchased for $10K on 11/2015 from an Audi dealership. Many major repairs performed by a VW repair shop EW-ext warr. MP-my portion: 2/2016 faulty crankcase breather valve, coolant exchange & replaced dirty reservoir $760 MP. 3/2016 replaced front sway bar links, both cv joint boots, coolant pipe, 80K mile service $655 MP 11/2016 replaced intake manifold, injectors (EW) 12/16, replaced coils & resealed upper engine, strut bearings, transmission service ($2550) $338 MP, 8/2017 rack & pinion $2K (EW only pay $380) 10/2017 decarb $570, now oil leak!!! Less than two years! Runs fine for a month or two, then check 'this or that' light, OMG!!

Sell it before you hit 100K!
By George

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my '09 2.0T with less than 30K. Never put anything but synthetic oil and premium gas in the thing. It was a dream to drive until I started blowing ignition coils close to 80K. At around 103K it started dumping oil and coolant - so much it was embarrassing to park it anywhere. Took it to two reputable shops - they both told me it wasn't worth fixing. I just let the thing go at 106K for $2,500 as a trade in.

100K Mile and still going strong
By mj48

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car new for my wife and have never had any but normal wear and tear issues. Living in a snowy climate I did have to change the tires but other than that a great car. Performance is great. It has a good ride and a lot of standard features. I chose this car over Toyota and Honda.

2.0 Turbo,

reliability issues but great car besides that
By jpl15

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Edmunds review is spot on. The car is fun to drive, sporty and yet very comfortable. I love this car, but within two months it has broke down on me twice to include a fuel pressure regulator and a water pump. Luckily it was certified pre owned so out of pocket costs were minimal. I take great care of this car and maintenance it myself every 5000 miles with synthetic oil and have already replaced air cleaner. Hard to enjoy the car if it will keep breaking down and im only at 55000 miles. Plenty of room in the back with 2 kids and the trunk is huge. I can fit large strollers among other things.

interior, engine power, smooth ride and handling

road noise is awful and reliability issues