Used 2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Comfort zone
By Terri A.

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car rides like a much bigger car. I have had numerous vehicles and this one steers, etc great! Ease in and out of traffic is awesome. Passenger side seating is nice, plenty of room. Other than rotating tires and oil changes this car has been extremely reliable!

I fell out of love
By Margaret Tate

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first got in the VW, I was somewhat impressed with the overall appearance of the car minus the sunroof I miss having. For me I HATE the plastic, no tint windows which makes this car very hot inside in SC Weather. Several other factors of this car will not allow me to give it 5 Stars, like the craziness that goes on with the electrical system, the passenger side seat belt signal goes off while driving if my cell phone is sitting on the seat, or just my pocket book. I learned that because of the battery in my cell phone, it may have some effect on that. The problems I have had with the signal lights, several other factors about this car like no auto lights, ugghhh, I hate that especially being a woman on the road. Overall I fell in love with the car but after having it for 2 years, I want to cheat and get me another love. Oh, on the pro side of things, she drives great!

Spunky blonde in a Jetta
By Debra

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Head room in front seat needs be higher, my husband is 5"9" it hits his head on way in. Be aware of blind spots in car. A pretty classy car, lease pricey a$458 month.

New VW has a 3 hour lifespan
By KK

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a new VW Jetta at the Santan VW in Phoenix AZ, in April this year. It was a brand new 2.0T SEL and I was very excited for my first ever new car that my parents had got for me as I graduated high school. The nightmares were just an hour away. As we drove back to Tucson, first the engine light went on about 70 miles into our return. It was about 9 pm but the dealership sales person who had sold me the car answered right away and told me that perhaps there was nothing wrong and I should not worry about it. Then the electronic malfunction light went on and about 2 miles from home the car started to shake and shudder like one of the cylinders was missing or misfiring. By this time it was 10pm and no one to turn to for what to do. After a sleepless night, I was able to speak with the dealership in Phoenix the next day and they told me to have the care transported to the nearest dealer in Tucson. Imagine the sight of my first brand new car being lifted on to a flat bed to be taken to the dealership 16 hours after I had gotten it. After a few hours of baited breath I was told that the fuel injectors in two cylinders were blocked and would have to be replaced. I was quite upset to hear this and after multiple back and forth phone calls with the dealer who would not initially believe this, my father was able to speak with someone senior at the dealership. They kept saying that the problem was easy to fix and it was only a minor issue but eventually gave in and said they would exchange the car for a new one. I had to accept whatever they had available in the same trim and I did. Every time I get into this car, I wonder what is going to go wrong next. You all can take away whatever you think from this experience, but certainly not what one would expect from a brand new car, no matter what make or model!

5th VW love them
By GF

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great prices now.Take advantage when you can.I just went from a 2013 see to a 2016 GLI sel for 25.00 more per month.