Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

What a GREAT car!!

Taylor Family, 12/05/2019
1.4T S 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Tremendous handling, quick, responsive and GREAT on gas!! Plenty of leg room front and back. Seats 4 adults comfortably!

Engine issues 2019 Golf Highline

SJ, 05/27/2021
1.4T S 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Automatic. I bought new 2020 in my first month I brought it in bc of a hesitation while shifting gears, they tested it and told me that’s how they drive. A year later into ownership and an error came up for start stop system as well as engine light. They told me I needed to buy only top tier gas and that could be why it’s causing this as all other tests played out normal. They put a fuel additive in and when I came to pickup the vehicle I started and lights were back on. I was told now they would get to the bottom of it. Since that time i picked up my vehicle twice. Both times lights came back on. It was in the shop for about a month or so as each “fix” they tried did not fix the issue at hand. A few things came up while it was in that were not related. My coolant pipe had a leak, and a vacuum to my brake system needed to be replaced. Cylinders were moved around, new wiring was installed. Then they found my exhaust valve was not closing causing a cylinder to receive 30% less compression which is why it was driving slower. There was more to it than that but since then my lights have not come back on. But it still doesn’t drive smoothly and the hesitation is still there. Considered going with Camvap but bc lights are not on I’m worried it won’t help me. VW Canada has done nothing. With many attempts to talk about options. The dealership is offered me $400 credit for services for my experience. That doesn’t give peace of mind. So they came back with trade in assist or extended warranty. Knowing I can’t bring my car back in and go with Camvap (it’s one or the other) they are not telling me what is included for those two options unless I bring my car back. This is my 6th car. I’m 29. I bought new for the first time for peace of mind and this is what’s happening in my first year of ownership. I don’t know what to do and would appreciate any advice.

Lemon

Mike Soroka, 02/07/2021
1.4T S 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

right from the start faulty fuel system sensor i believe. Car towed to them after 1 week of service. Since then periodic problems with the car hesitating and surging making it almost impossible to drive. Then suddenly back to normal for a week or so and then problems again. Also random electriaal issues like the seatbelt warning chime going off randomly or the windshield wipers starting up with no moisture. I have no confidence in this car.

Golf actually is fun!

Richee, 11/20/2020
1.4T SE 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Never golfed, seems boring, BUT I’m digging my 2019 Golf SE with 6-speed Manuel. Smooth ride, plenty of upscale options, had to go out of state to find, on the 250 mile trip home on toll/interstate highways, I averaged 39.3 mpg & that’s going 70-80 most of the time. This car is engaging, plus I got to keep all those nice things, leather, heated seats, sunroof, Apple play, it’s white out, black inside. Perfect so far!

White lightning

Richard, 06/28/2020
1.4T SE 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a white se with a six speed manual. It’s a pocket rocket. I find myself doing 80 on the interstate without realizing it and it’s ready to go at the green light. I’m 6’2 and this car has amazing leg and head room. I have no idea what gas mileage I’m getting I just no it is on par with my last car, Corolla. I do find the voice recognition for the infotainment system frustrating. The b pillar is to wide. The interior is perfect except for the center arm rest. All in all I love this car.

3 out of 5 stars