Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews

$6,900

Used CC for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Buyer beware

chunu, 06/08/2015
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2009 vw cc sport 73k. Been to the shop at least a dozen times Ive only owned the car for about 2 years. Its one thing after another w this car. Im sitting here writing this review as my car is in the shop. The mechanic says their are so many codes he's having a difficult time finding the problem. Should I mention I just got it out of the shop 2 weeks ago to replace a rear main seal (for and oil leak). Price tag, $1300. I was on my way to trade this lemon in when I got to my car, turned it on and it idles so low it feels like its about to die. I should have just towed it to the dealer and cut my loss. Please beware if you are thinking about purchasing this vehicle!

set up to break down intentional

alex, 07/07/2018
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

this car is problematic. engineered to fail intentionally. this car sucks. one problem after another. airbag,fuel pump,windshield super thin. bearings, sensors,parking brake failure? list goes on and on. fake stitching on seats and panels actually glued at the seam instead of sewn together like vw's of the past. I was a faithful vw guy until i bought a new one. build quality is comparable to a Ford Taurus. [non-permissible content removed]

Love It!

NetGuy411, 10/23/2008

I got this car on Saturday. It is a pleasure to drive. I love having a manual transmission again. The engine is very responsive. I got 29 MPG on my first tank of gas. Why would any buy the six cylinder?

Love my new VW CC

Lena, 10/26/2008

It's a great looking car, fun to drive and makes you feel really good on the road! Everything about it is perfect, has all I wanted.

retired my old passat

andy, 10/25/2008

Bought the CC after unsuccessful attempts to find Jetta TDI wagon. distinctly different from my 03 passat,the CC looks great. the ride is typical VW firm,the interior is 9/10s Audi.seating is much better d/t power adjustments.I've always driven Man. trans-so I thought I'd do so again. After 2 test drives, I felt auto seems more appropriate. The vinyl (leatherette) feels fine but is probably not as durable as real leather. All in all a very sleek, comfortable long- distance cruiser.

A better Passat

2PassatOwner, 11/01/2008

As a 2 Passat owner, I would say this is definitely one of the best Passat VW ever build. It's not for everyone but a irresistible one for people who appreciate German engineer at a reasonable price. I can't help with a smile on my face every time driving it.

The CC is that and more...

Kimyatta, 11/13/2008

Passat 06 up for lease; just bought the CC last night (11.12.8). While waiting for the CC to come out, I test drove everything under the sun (AccordCamAltSaturnBMWMerc)for the past year, and I still came back to the CC. It's fun to drive, and is easily the most stylish of all the Passats. Excellent interior fit and finish. Like one of the other reviewers stated, it's not for everyone but if you're looking for something different from the standard Passat or some of the other sedans out there, it's a great value. And yes, it does resemble the Mercedes CLS. There I've said it. Just bought it, so I'll check back with another review when I've had it for awhile.

CC=Completely Cool!

Debbie, 11/13/2008

I've been a VW driver for many years and when the CC came along it was love at first sight. I bought the Sport/MT which is the base trim level. I can't believe all the standard features that it comes with, all for under $28,000. All my friends are green with envy.

Affordable fun

av, 11/21/2008

I just bought this car yesterday, so this is really first impression review. I was looking to purchase "performance" car during last month and so. Checked few options such as BMW 328/330, G35, Civic hatchback.... finally I was standing to buy G35, but then VW CC arrived and I responsible buyer I went to check cheaper option ~36k of G35 vs. ~31k of VW CC. What I found is that although front wheel drive CC sticks to the road just like a shaving gum on my window. Even bad quality of Californian roads hasn't changed feeling of amazing sport style driving. The sounds weak 200hp engine actually deliver superior momentum of 200+ available since 1700rpm. So feeling is almost like 360hp G35.

VW finally got it right...

bronzkitty, 11/18/2008

Lease was up on my 2006 VW Passat; been waiting for the CC but test drove everything under the sun in the meantime. The CC is everything I'd hoped it would be: exterior build and interior fit are exemplary. The car is fast and for the most part rides smooth (the run-flat tires make the ride a tad rougher). The navigation and satellite radio are a definite upgrade from my 06 Passat's navi. My mom and I were sitting in the car last night watching Indiana Jones on DVD; the sound was amazing and I don't even have Dynaudio. VW got this one right.

NEVER LOOKING BACK

BRANDON, 11/19/2008

I am so glad I took the time to compare. I've been an Infinity owner for the past 6 years but decided to test drive the VW CC bfore my next purchase; and "Thank God" I did. I've only had my new CC for 2 months but I feel like it's a test drive each morning just going to work. I love my VW and the solid feel it gives me. I just feel safer and sportier in it.

WOW...I never wanted a VW

rjm310, 11/24/2008

I was looking to buy a Dodge. Went to the dealer who was a Dodge / VW dealership only to find they closed the Dodge dealer. While there I took a look at the Passat. Nice car until the dealer showed me the CC. I was sold before I had the car out of the driveway on my test drive. This is a solid car, lots of power, comfortable and one of the nicest cars on the road. I have been told it looks like a Mercedes, Volvo and Audi. People are amazed its a VW. This car is sweeeet and a blast to drive. How come I never knew about this car before? I am glad i looked in the VW dealership.

A Definite Winner

loyalvwowner, 11/26/2008

I traded in a 98 Passat w/ manual transmission. Having owned it for 10 yrs, you can imagine how much I enjoyed the drive. The 09 Passat CC is amazing. It looks great and brings a smile to your face while driving it. It has the solid VW build and all the German engineering that you would expect. The tiptronic transmission w/ "S" gear is fun but not quite as exhilarating as a true manual experience. But, wow, what a car. I bought the true Sport version without any added options offered on the Luxury version. It really has everything you need for a nice ride.

Most Stylish VW Ever!!!!

S.H.E., 12/12/2008

I went to the following dealerships in search of a new vehicle: Lexus (E300), Mercedes Benz (C Class), Volvo (S40/60) and Acura (TL/TSX). While at the Acura dealership, I turned and saw the CC. Test drove it that day and bought it the next. The interior/ exterior styling made it unique. The others cars may have more power, but the CC made up for it in price. I've owned a Jetta, the New Beetle and now the CC for about a month. This car will definitely make buyers consider VW.

Purchased for my wife

Bruce , 12/13/2008

I had just purchased a 08' Passat when I found out about the CC. The pictures do not do it justice. I was having my sons Rabbit serviced when the first CC's arrived. I just had to have one ended up trading in my wife's 06'Bug and gave her the 08'Passat. VW hit this one out of the Ball Park! Most people confuse it for the CLS the looks I get are just like when the new Beetle came out. Do yourself a favor and test drive one you won't be disappointed

Love it

Thomas C, 12/12/2008

I purchased the sport trim w/ Bluetooth+Sirius radio. I traded in an '01 Audi A4. The car is overall superb. The car rivals the BMW/A4 models in the 30-40k class even in the sport model. Outside: The car looks better in person. The aesthetics are more in-line with a Lexus IS250 as opposed to a VW. Inside: Regardless of what trim you select the car comes with numerous amenities normally expected ala carte. Pay close attention to the standard list. The 2.0L turbo 4 cyl engine is deceptively powerful in tandem with the transmission. Even the non-leather V-tex seating has a leather feel to it. Leather wrapped steering wheel, power adjustable heated seats, climate control...

Gives MB/BMW a run for less money!!

stellar0714, 01/10/2009

I ended up trading my 03 Passat GLX, which I loved, yesterday due to original transaction problems. Still in awe that this gorgeous car was so affordable. I have always been a automatic/sunroof kind of girl but the manual/no roof is perfect! Do not even miss the sunroof as the roof line is lower than traditional sedans, it feels like you are in a cockpit! Love, love this car!!

No Doubt about it!

No Doubt about it, 01/16/2009

I was looking to buy a new car and liked the Nissian Maxima, However i decided to shop around and look around. While online i came across the Volkswagen site and saw the new CC. The Car looked great on the web. I decided to take a look in person and WOW the car looked better up close. I was sold, the only thing left was to test drive it. The dealer was closed so i came back the next day and the test drive was perfect i could not believe the power this car has. I called me wife and told her this car is bought. The dealer added the Nav system and that put it over the top. I get nothing but compliments about the car and you don't see this car at every stop light, like some cars.

How did they do it at this price????

Tony & Charlie, 01/19/2009

Just bought the 09' CC. Drove BMW,Mercedes and Audi. Have owned BMW and Audi - But no more! This is an amazing car! The build quality exudes German pride! The interior is phenomenal - the design is unlike anything else we looked at (at any price) and it fits like a glove! The 2.0 turbo is amazingly powerful and smooth... Did not feel it was necessary to go to the VR6... The list of standard features is impressive! The C-Class MBZ doesn't even offer heated seats standard... If you are even considering a MBZ, BMW or Audi - You MUST drive this car! No regrets!!!! Even the buying experience was nice - good job VW!

Simply Breathtaking

JasonMichaels, 01/20/2009

Just bought the CC and it is my 3rd VW. I'm simply speechless that a car can make me feel so good. I have test driven everything the 2009 market has to offer - nothing compares to this car. VW is known for its obsessive fan base and the VW-esque type of handling you experience when driving one. This car blew me away at the dealership and I signed that very day. People are getting whiplash when passing them by in this car. The only way I can describe it is that it looks sooooooooooooo much better in person...actually appears to have a cape or cloak of some sort like batman. Ridiculous handling and power. Kudos VW....customer for life.

So Happy!

new CC Sport owner, 02/15/2009

Proud owner of a CC Sport model. Was going to buy an Accord EX-L. Bought CC instead for less money and it is so much more car. Nothing at this price point rivals this car. The car is a dream to drive. Great acceleration at any speed and superb handling. The fit and finish is impressive as well. Such a simple, straight-forward dash design. Everyone asks what kind of car it is. No one can believe it is a VW. I set out to buy a practical family sedan (2 kids) and bought a thrilling sport sedan/coupe instead. Love the seats, front and back. Again, for this price, nothing comes close. Iron Grey is a great color.

Great Car for the price

Mark, 02/10/2009

What a great car for the price. It’s great on gas millage, considering its size. I also give VW a lot of credit for the design. The ride is quiet, and comfortable. It feels like a firm car and yet it’s very responsive to the road. 2.0 Turbo delivers great gas mileage and ample power when needed. Interior is nicely designed with controls adequately placed at driver's reach. It’s roomy for the driver and passenger with a lot of extra trunk space. The passenger seats might be a tight fit for someone 6 feet tall. Overall great job to the designers of this fun, yet sleek looking VW CC.

Great car ruined by one major flaw

Joe, 02/15/2009

I am having a love/hate relationship with my CC. The interior and exterior styling are dramatic and pleasing. I have never gotten more "thumbs up" and favorable parking lot comments. The build quality is first-rate. The turbocharged four delivers great performance with truly amazing fuel economy. The value for the money is absolutely out of this world -- nobody sells more car than this for the $27,000 I paid. The dealer experience could not be better. But I am being driven to distraction by the artificial, electronic power steering, which alternates between totally numb and far too much resistance.

Great design for the price

Edwin, 02/14/2009

Traded in '06 Accord Coupe EX 5-Speed. Great value for 6-Speed sport. Little details with regards to interior and exterior styling make it feel like a luxury vehicle. Also considered Accord EX-L, Subaru Legacy, Mazda6, Malibu, Fusion, & Acura TSX. This was the best value based on 4-Door Sedan, 6-Speed Manual Transmission, styling, leather seats, etc.

My first German car

CC Rider, 02/17/2009

I have had my CC,Lux, 2 litre for 2 weeks now. It is a blast to drive! The 2 litre engine is plenty powerful, and there is no need for more. Manumatic transmission is fun and quick. The handling is tight and responsive, and it is remarkably quiet on the highway. I am coming from 12 years of Acura RLs. The seats are extremely comfortable and supportive, the back seats are big enough for my two teenage girls. Biggest downside, so far, is that there are large blind spots over the left and right shoulders. Rear seat headrests get in the way of my wife's view out the back. Mileage, so far, has been 27 highway (averaging 80 mph) and 20 around town. Not yet broken in, though.

The Best Luxury Car for the Price!!

ABS, 02/18/2009

I work for an Audi Dealer and find that the CC is superior in quality, especially in the doors. The doors are more solid, the handles inside and out have a nice feeling of strength and have a luxury tactility. The standard features of Auto headlights with coming home and leaving home, rain sensing wipers, self dimming rear view mirrors, bag hook in trunk, and a 6 cd changer on the CC may only be had in an A4 with a $4000 package! The styling is very unique and very seductive and intriguing. The interior is very luxurious and very well thought out. Everything lies in an intuitive spot. The steering feel is better than the 09 A4, and the handling is tighter as well as more compliant.

Love the car - but prefer stick shift

joey, 02/18/2009

Having recently moved from Germany, this is my first car in the US. And while I really love the CC -- kudos for the other reviewers who I concur with on all the pros and favorites -- I had to make a hard compromise: In Germany, all VWs have manual transmission by default, automatic being an option. Here, stick shift isn't even an option (except in the Sport trim, which doesn't allow the selection of sunroof, dynaudio or navi options). Yes, we're in the US but I would like to give VW a gentle nudge about heritage! As soon as VW fixes this, I'll replace my current CC! Side note: Why is a headliner called headliner? Maybe because your head touches it if you exceed 6 feet on the back seat :-)

Much Improved Over Passat

Liz, 02/25/2009

This CC has caused a sensation at work and the car wash; people want to know what it is since there is no name on the car. I've only seen one other on the road. The quality and reliability (thus far) are vastly superior to my former Passat. Standard features compare very favorably to baseline Hondas, Toyotas, Minis, other German autos, etc. Heated seats are wonderful on cold mornings. The two tone interior gets envious stares! Power memory for 3 seat settings works well for each of us in my family.

No memory seat for base model

cc lover, 03/05/2009

Memory seat was one of my reason to choose this car. But,after purchasing my cc base model, I found out Edmunds.com provided wrong information in available features. Memory seat is not standard in base model. it is available at luxury and above models. I am disappointed about Edmunds.com's accuracy but extremely enjoying my new cc. I am just wondering about comment below by "Liz" sounds like memory seat for base model(2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Best bang for your Buck!

Joel, 03/08/2009

The CC is the best vehicle out there for this price point. From the beautiful lines to the top-notch interior this is one excellent vehicle. I looked at everything out there and nothing compares. I got mine for just over 24,000 with the Automatic.

HappyTrails

Dick Scott, 03/06/2009

This car has made my parting with my 17 year old SAAB 9000 Turbo 5M a lot easier than expected. The looks, sport ride, electronics, etc., etc., are outstanding. It's so quiet I have to watch my speed!! The 4 banger with the 6M is a great match. The thought that has gone into the interior lay out is impressive. I am quickly bonding with my "baby blue".

Love it

Feng, 03/09/2009

make a test driving and bought it in 20 min. I like the total new style. This car feels like luxury car. The price package was very attractive ($37140), which was below invoice price.

No Detail Missed

Bart, 03/12/2009

It's in the details. This car compares to cars much more expensive; like BMW, Mercedes, and Audi. The attention to detail is outstanding. Every where you look it is finished off with high quality materials and exceptional design thought behind it. The ride is silky smooth, yet the handling is awesome. Handles awesome in snow, a lot better than my Honda Odyssey. If you care about details and high quality, this is the car for you, unless you want to spend 20 grand more for the same thing with a fancy name.

CC 2.0T Manual

paul, 03/13/2009

Traded in my 2000 A6 2.7T on the CC. I am very pleased with the of the car overall. While not as luxurious or powerful as my old Audi, it's hard to believe this car can be had for under 26k. It looks and feels like a much more expensive car and the 2 tone leatherette interior is top notch. The clutch is very light and the 6 speed manual is satisfying. This is a great car! I hope it proves to be reliable long term vehicle. That was my only concern repurchasing from this German brand.

A Pleasant Surprise

camrnlendy, 03/08/2009

What a gorgeous car! I was deciding between the CC Luxury and a 09 Audi A4 Premium Plus. The CC was a few thousand less than the Audi, but the cars are actually quite similar. The CC LUX edition has beautiful leather seats, and all the conveniences of an entry level luxury car. Although Bluetooth is optional and runs about $300 dealer installed. The car drives like an A4 with ample power from the 2.0T engine. Handling is superb. This is my 3rd VW in the past 8 years. Also owned and A4 for awhile. This is probably the nicest, most well appointed, and best handling out of all 4 cars. You can get an entry level CC for around $25K+ which is quite a bargain as well.

Traded in my 06 Passat for 09 CC Luxe

TexC36, 03/13/2009

Great Car. My first VW was an 06 Passat, great engine, great dependability, no problems or issues in 41,000 miles of daily commuter service. Drove a new CC and found it rode better, was quieter, and of course looks great. Gone is the "wallow" in higher speed corners that was present in my old Passat. CC has a tighter feel all around.

Update to Review Below

Joe, 03/23/2009

I had posted a partially negative review below, in which I complained about my new CC's steering feel and response. (I loved everything else about the car.) I finally decided something HAD to be wrong. I took the car in for service, and the dealer found it needed a new electronic power steering controller and a new steering rack. The car drives very differently now. The steering is tight and responsive -- no complaints whatsoever. In fairness to VW, I wanted to update my review. I am a very satisfied customer and strongly recommend the CC to anyone and everyone looking for a top quality, fun-to-drive, great looking sedan.

Best of the best

Tigran, 03/24/2009

I have had this car for 2 weeks now and cant tell you how deeply satisfied i feel, this is a car of my dream, i have been researching for 4 months before leasing one, CC is a true head turner,i have a friend who bought an 09 Mazda6 i Grand Touring about 6 months ago for 28G +3.5G for the reems, and i could not enjoy his envious stare more when he first saw my CC, and whoever sees our cars pays no attention to his vehicle, its so mush classier for only 28G, grate job Vw

I LOVE THIS CAR

MERC to VW, 03/26/2009

I have to say that going from a Mercedes to a VW I was a little skeptical but when I saw the car and test drove it I was in awe. I have to say that it drove faster and handled better than the $50,000 predecessor I traded in for this vehicle. I have to say this is a bargain and the best bang for the buck. You surely will not be disappointed. Trust me!

Best value out there!!

Sam, 03/20/2009

I found the Sport to be the best value out there for your money right now. I jumped on mine as it had extra features that seem to be available with earlier build CC Sport Models, which include Auto dimming rear view mirror, auto headlight wipers, auto-on headlights, puddle lamps in the side mirrors, and power passenger seat. Some of the very first models came with a memory features for the driver seat as well, but mine did not, which was fine. I was able to find the 6 speed in my color and I was hooked! I currently have about 800 miles on it, and it has been a blast to drive! It has excellent pickup, gas mileage and comfort. I feel like I bought a high end luxury car! Test drive it!!!

Love this car

DKR, 03/17/2009

I too looked at everything available, and went to VW on a whim. I was sold on the CC before I even drove it. The price point is amazing, the features are above those offered in the same class level at the price. I have only had it 2 days, but can't wait to get in and drive. Have been waved down 3 times in the 30 hours I have owned it to ask what it is. Love that it has no real markings, other than the VW logo. People think its a Benz.

The Real "Peoples Car"

JohnL, 03/26/2009

I traded in my 2007 Mustang GT/CS for this more "practical car". Quite honestly, I was out with my wife on a nice Saturday and went into the local dealer to look around. Took the CC for a test drive and was sold. I have only put about 100 miles on her due to a major blizzard, but so far, this car far exceeds my expectations. Thanks to the storm, I have managed to read the entire owners manual, twice. The dealer experience was also a joy. No haggling or arguing over my trade. Dealer tossed in spash guards, installed, as part of the deal when I asked for them.

CC lot of car for the money

marty, 03/29/2009

Great value,Fun to drive. Very comfortable, feels like a sports car Great pick up for a 4 cylinder.

Great car for the money & blast to drive

BostonNorth, 04/07/2009

Terrific car for the money, love everything about it. Would have liked the nav radio with bluetooth but that's the only concern. Great gas mileage and the 2.0t with manual is great.

Converted VW Fan

Friscosmom, 04/21/2009

I was not a VW fan prior to seeing the new CC. After seeing the CC, I bought it without test driving due to a snow storm. When I was able to pick it up 3 days later, I was impressed. The car handles better than the BMWs I test drove and is more esthetically pleasing than the G35 sedan I almost bought. The manual is so fun and smooth. A passenger in my car commented that they almost forgot it was stick! Seats are comfy, styling is hot, Love this car!!!

Very Surprised

Mtnplay, 04/18/2009

I have owned virtually every model of BMW for the last ten years. Decided to stop feeding my cash to the bavarians to only have them keep pushing my price points up and value down. I purchased a Black on Black CC Sport, Auto, Sirius, the "leatherette" is superb, and at this quality, leather is a waste of money. What a wonderful car. The fit and finish is impeccable,the styling is modern and fresh, the drive is excellent. You do get a little of the front wheel drive pothole suspension behavior, but it doesn't detract. My mileage in the first thousand miles on freeway is 31.5. I purchased the car for $2500 under sticker. Amazing car for the money. VW has a new level of respect from me.Amazing

Great Car

Tigran, 04/24/2009

Best for the money, loaded, more extras than expected, rain sensor, auto lights, and so force, two tone leatherette is super nice and does not get dirty at all unlike the real leather, very practical way of spending, base model trully rolles!!

Awesome!

MattCC, 04/28/2009

Coming from a Ford family is was hard to purchase a car from across the pond but I am glad I did. My last two cars were ZX2s and did a great job getting me though college and graduate school but moving to the CC is a whole new story! This car is just so tight and responsive compared to any Ford I have ever driven including the Mustang. This car is even nicer than my fathers LS and my wife’s MB. Only thing I would do different is get the car in Black and get the Nav. Not sure why some people post that they are getting bad gas mileage… I do a lot of highway driving and average 27-30MPG (probably due to the six speed).

Good Value for the Price

KOP Man, 04/30/2009

I was originally looking at the Jetta SE then I saw the CC Sport on the dealers floor and decided that it was a no brainer that the CC was the one to buy.After purchasing by CC I had the ECU upgraded by APR. Increased the Horsepower from 200 to 252 and the torgue was increased from 207ft pds to 297 ft. pds. It's now one quick cars. The perfomance is now truly awesome.I get compliments all the time people are always asking me what kind of car is it

Dont be fooled by imatations

Joel, 05/02/2009

I bought this thinking it would be a good compromise to the $76,000 CLS price. Was I sadly mistaken. Dont get me wrong - it is a very fun car to drive around town but not very stable on the interstate. If you are in the market for a standard sedan , this is a great car to consider. However, if you are used to the BMW and Mercedes quality, don't be fooled by the flashy appearance. It still does not match their quality in detail. For the price of the fully loaded VR6, you could easily get into a nicely equipped BMW or Mercedes and be much more satisfied. I have traded my CC for a 2007 CLS and have no regrets on the decision. Only consider this if the 2.0 option is your choice.

51050