Used 2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Reliable truck but not without cons
By Karam

2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I waited until I had put enough miles now I have owned for three years with 80k miles. Only issue that I did have was with radio and brake light which had blown twice and turned out there was shortage in wiring. Cons gas tank is too small. Gas mileage is poor might be better to get diesel f250. Things will tend to fall out if they are on the floor and kids always throw stuff on the floor. I have lost phone expensive headphone that fell down once doors were opened. Infotainment screen is less than garbage if its daylight outside you will not be able to see it. This is problematic when backing. Toyota has known this for years but refuse to fix it. Toyota is ridding on reliability bandwagon and believes consumers will buy anything from them. With poor fuel economy expensive price tag, do consider diesel alternatives - you will likely get same reliability better towing and much much better interior. Remember vehicle is more than engine and transmission

Great ride
By SR

2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Platinum 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Large enough for heavy jobs when needed. Reliability unmatched for my needs.

2015 Tundra Crewmax Awesome Family Truck
By Bill B

2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased new in 2015 an SR5 TRD OffRoad. Previous Toyota owner, first time truck owner. Drove them all before purchase. The others had some "bells and whistles" the Tundra didn't have, but when it came to actual quality of materials and quality of engine feel, the Tundra was clearly better. The crewmax is awesome if you haul people more the sheets of plywood. The engine is powerful, the transmission strong and smooth. MPG is about 13 city, 18 Highway and 15 combined. Its a big truck that can tow almost 10,000 lb trailer. My water pump began leaking at 51,000 and was replaced under standard factory drivetrain warranty of 5 years or 60,000. My Cam tower on passenger side leaked at 35,000 miles and was also repaird under standard factory drivetrain warranty of 5/60,000. Car also came with a standard 3 year bumper to bumper warranty covering everything. I had no repairs first 3 years. If your looking for a great built, reliable, high quality full size truck, and don't need all the "bells and whistles in the interior" do yourself a favor and buy the Tundra....you'll be really glad you did.

Good but certain aspects make me go hmmmm
By Matthew

2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Update : The leather and some of the plastic bits have not held up as much as I would like

I like the truck, but don't love it. I had to get rid of my '02 lexus lx470 (landcruiser) and it drove so great for a truck. This rides a little rough in the city, great highway truck. 4x4 engaged does not handle well at low speeds and sometimes the transmission has trouble finding the right gear on certain terrain. Interior is too plastic, antennae has to be manually removed and side mirrors are not auto either. Passenger seat is manual and there is a lot of wasted space in the back that could be storage. However, I love it on regular driving, love the backseat room and sunroof and back window that totally drops down. The stereo is awesome. Gas mileage is terrible but that is expected. I drive my vehicles a long time so I bought it mostly for Toyota reliability and I personally thought it was a better truck than Chevy Silverado, Ford F150 and Dodge that I test drove.

2015 Tundra Platinum Crew Max 4WD Awsome
By DJ

2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Platinum 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great reliable truck.