Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Tacoma 2010 prerunner
By Robert Klee

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice mid sized truck, But when you let your foot off the gas pedal, in town and put in back on, it feels like it hunting for best gear, but it's to low of a gear most of the time, and the engine revs and it not all that smooth, very disappointed.

Love the bluetooth, for cell phone driving, and putting truck in reverse, a camera display in center mirror shows a very picture of whats behind you, It's great when windows are fogged up.

Must make steering wheel pull out more than a inch and a half. I feel like I can't find comfort with arm stretched out so far, and transmission feels jerky, with in town driving.

Disappointed
By Tico

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just passed one year and 10K miles and more disappointed than I expected (this is my 4th Toyota, but first Tacoma). Lots of little probs: Buzzing sound from center console that dealer said was fixed (it wasn't). needed windshield replaced due to glue streak marks that impaired visibility, acceleration from stop poor (dealer says this is "normal" -- yeah, right!)...poor mpg 15-16 in city, 18 on highway. Hindsight being 20/20, I'd go with a Frontier or Ridgeline.

smooth ride, interior/exterior styling, handles well

lights in glove box, better stereo. live up to Toyota claims of quality.

Nice truck!
By frank

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought pre-runner, auto, v6, this month. Love it! Everything inside out is all nice! One problem though, the transmission is a little sluggish, when slow down to 40, 30 mph. Overall, this is a nice truck!

The body look, and quite engine!

The transmission can be improved.

So far so Good
By I like it

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the is truck (except for my height issue). If the next model had a higher roof line like the new 4Runner I'd trade up. It suits my needs well, with two kids. I didn't want to get a full size due to the crappy mpg, thats why opted for the Tacoma. 17.?? city all the time and highway is like 22 and change. No problems towing or hauling, however I did get the free spring upgrade to avoid future problems. I recommend this truck for sure.

I like the built in bead liner and the pockets. The under the back seat and behind storage is nice. Traction control is amazing, in a foot of snow I didn't use 4 wheel drive.

Taller roof like the new 4Runner so tall people can fit. I'm 6'2" and have to slouch or turn my head to the side to see the red light.

Best pick-em-up-truck made
By Dan

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Quite simply the best intermediate pickup made. From style to quality of build, it is outstanding. The ride is very good and the bucket seats are fine for me and my wife. I don't understand why all the criticism of the seating. Well done Toyota.

Styling.