Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 358 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

TACOMA IS TOPS
By Nancy

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

this truck is amazing. 220,000 miles and has never let me down. minor repairs ( windshield wiper motor). I will make sure my next truck is a Tacoma.

Had the recall for the rust problem. Took to dealer and they undercoated it. Later found out that if I had taken it to another dealer, I could have got a whole new frame. bummer........but I expect this truck to take it to well over 300,000 and this is in the rust belt, lots of salt on the road, below 0 temps....always started right up. I am a huge fan. I don't know if I will be able to afford a new one when the time comes as they are really expensive now and part of the goodness comes the high resale price to buy used.

Oh What A Feelin'
By Phil Waltz

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Don't ever believe anything Consumer Reports says about this model.
Heading for 200,00 miles and the only major issue I've ever had was having the frame replaced -Recall (at no cost to me) a couple years ago, and even that was a smooth process thanks to my Toyota dealership. Other than that and general scheduled maintenance costs, a burnt out cigarette lighter($25.00) and one lost hub cap($52.00) is all I've spent on this vehicle in over 17 years. Hard to imagine any other auto manufacturer's being able to top this.

" Yoda " Toyota Tacoma 2005 2.7L L4 FI DOHC 16V
By Burt

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got a used 2005 Toyota Tacoma ( Gold ) Base Model $ 14.986 with only 29,895 Mile on it. I paid full price, KKB said, Top Price is $ 18,999 Wow what a Truck " >>> Drivers New, Rides New, Looks New, I even Like the Dog smell...lol I think,they used it for hauling Newspapers around. It has a clean carfax 1 owner,oil, and services,were did at the Dealership. Oh" No tow package, never tow a thing... New life,will be taking me and the dog to the lake, with the jonboat behind. I am 58 years old The truck is going to out last me....? when i get into my late 70's The truck will only have 80,000 miles on it. Someone will be getting a good truck then... Happy Motoring......

Me and my Taco
By Stacey

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a great truck. I've put 200,000 miles on the odometer and the truck runs and drives like the day we met. I'm going to miss this truck.

Great motor and reliable but Toyota quality poor.
By Dollarbill

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned this Truck 12 years it has been reliable and solid. Poor gas milage and plasticky interior, doors are Fisher Price plastic and cracking.. Roomy in double cab. Beware of Toyota and them not confessing their problems with cracking leaf Springs and rusty frames. Toyota hides until they are smoked out on the many suspension problems.. Finally received my reimbursement from the bean counters at Toyota after taking them to the BBB and they refused to pay for the install. I won't be buying from Toyota again due to this public relations nightmare and their treatment of customers . Customer service experience is abysmal and Toyota's perception of quality seems to be riding on the past. Good truck and reliable but Toyota has some serious customer relations issues .Overall the Tacoma is a great truck and is holding up really well and has been bullet proof in reliability.