Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 360 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Unbeatable little truck.
By Dave in NC

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this Tacoma for 13+ years and have not had a single problem. It gets regular oil and filter changes, period. I haven't even needed to replace the brakes at 73,000 miles. I have but two complaints: the CD player quit a few years ago, and the headlight lenses for this year are plastic, not glass, so they react to sun light by appearing to be "foggy" though I don't have a problem driving at night. In addition to this being the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, it has sustained a much higher resale value than anything else on the road. In 2005 Motor Trend magazine named this Light Duty Truck of the Year; it's sure lived up to their rating. Dave in NC.

05 Taco DCab-Longbox-4x4
By 2005tacoma

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Original owner. The taco 4x4 and drivetrain is a Beast. Its a workhorse and great value. Total maintenance at 13 yrs = $1300 (excluding brakes, tires, fluid changes). Frame a bit rusty but quality, durability, and reliability generally top notch! Owned domestics too in the past and there is no comparison.

TACOMA IS TOPS
By Nancy

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

this truck is amazing. 220,000 miles and has never let me down. minor repairs ( windshield wiper motor). I will make sure my next truck is a Tacoma.

Had the recall for the rust problem. Took to dealer and they undercoated it. Later found out that if I had taken it to another dealer, I could have got a whole new frame. bummer........but I expect this truck to take it to well over 300,000 and this is in the rust belt, lots of salt on the road, below 0 temps....always started right up. I am a huge fan. I don't know if I will be able to afford a new one when the time comes as they are really expensive now and part of the goodness comes the high resale price to buy used.

Oh What A Feelin'
By Phil Waltz

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Don't ever believe anything Consumer Reports says about this model.
Heading for 200,00 miles and the only major issue I've ever had was having the frame replaced -Recall (at no cost to me) a couple years ago, and even that was a smooth process thanks to my Toyota dealership. Other than that and general scheduled maintenance costs, a burnt out cigarette lighter($25.00) and one lost hub cap($52.00) is all I've spent on this vehicle in over 17 years. Hard to imagine any other auto manufacturer's being able to top this.

" Yoda " Toyota Tacoma 2005 2.7L L4 FI DOHC 16V
By Burt

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got a used 2005 Toyota Tacoma ( Gold ) Base Model $ 14.986 with only 29,895 Mile on it. I paid full price, KKB said, Top Price is $ 18,999 Wow what a Truck " >>> Drivers New, Rides New, Looks New, I even Like the Dog smell...lol I think,they used it for hauling Newspapers around. It has a clean carfax 1 owner,oil, and services,were did at the Dealership. Oh" No tow package, never tow a thing... New life,will be taking me and the dog to the lake, with the jonboat behind. I am 58 years old The truck is going to out last me....? when i get into my late 70's The truck will only have 80,000 miles on it. Someone will be getting a good truck then... Happy Motoring......