Used 1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

95 TOYO T100
By tom

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my TOYO 8 years now. It has 357,000 miles on it/ I have replaced the radiator, water pump, heater valve, shocks and a lower ball joint in all this time, most dependable mid sized truck ever built hands down! I train Strongman and had had literally a ton in the bed at a time and hauled a trailer and 3 atvs for 4 hrs to the mountains

Dependability

Seats are a little uncomfortable on trips.

Way better than a Timex
By Mark Allen

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

How could I have ever know that when I drove off of the dealership lot 15 years ago that I would still be driving my T100 on a 120 mile daily round trip commute in 2010. Originally purchased to pull a boat and haul camping gear. 411,000 plus miles later, I would say that I got a great return on my investment. The only work performed on this truck besides normal maintenance happened after a deer hit the front end. So both headlight assemblies, radiator, and fan were replaced. That was 159,000 miles ago. Still on the original alternator, Water pump, PS pump and even transmission fluid! Has taken it's share of licks but never has stopped ticking.

Ole faithful
By Ole faithful

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I owned my T100 for about 5 years and it was the best truck I've ever had, it had 200,000 miles on it when I traded it on my 2005 tundra. The T100 didn't show its age nor did it run like it had 200,000. It pulled everything I ever hooked up to it with no problems, would pull off 20 mpg on the bypass, was comfortable, the most reliable truck I've ever owned. It was like the little engine the could, that 3.4L just didn't know when to quit. I miss my T100 and want another one.

Extreme reliability, all controls right at drivers finger tips, very comfortable.

Most good, some bad
By Mark

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

While performing a brake job, discovered slack adjuster never moved. Shoes never made contact with drum at 29,000 miles. Toyota stated they could do nothing. Tightened up the adjuster manually and burned up my rear brakes. They collapsed due to heat build up; rear drums. I would like to change the rear end from a tundra. You need to be good at fabrication though. Other than the rear brakes not working, it is a great truck. Starting to trick it out with a lift kit, cold air intake, throttle body spacer, wheels, tires and roll bar with lights. Had some people who race them come to me with purchase offers; I declined. 118,000 now. Other than the thirst for petrol, I love my truck!!!

Lots of power to weight. Poured racing gasoline 112 octane into it. Ran kind of hot though. I wish they didn't stop making them. The tundra is a piece of junk compared to the T-100. All they needed to do was change the drums to disc, put larger tires on and increase power.

Drums to discs. More power. Better full travel steering stop near the wheel (need to manually apply lithium grease to stop metal to metal scraping sound when making tight turns.

Best Truck you will Ever Own
By Bruce

1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck to tow my new pop-up camper. Sold the pop-up and bought 30' conventional tow-behind tandem wheel travel trailer. Gross weight 5500 lbs. I added a tranny cooler and mounted it at an angle to the engine cover beneath the engine. This truck pulls that trailer with no problems up the long, steep, grade outside Rolla, MO with the A/C on and I stayed out of the throttle so it would not gear down. I topped the hill at 50 mph and continued on. I could have hit the gas and increased speed but "why" ??? This truck is fantastic! I have never had to replace anything on it, ever. Original brakes and stops on a dime. Best turn radius I have ever seen! I can turn way tighter than Kia!

Turn radius can't be beat by most cars, let alone any truck. Pulling power for towing is very acceptable. 2WD pulls more than 4WD since 4WD has all of the transfer case weight to deal with. Starts every time. Never any servicing of engine ever! I change oil and air filter. Great truck!

Cup holder location is not good. Seat belt retractor has always been weak.