Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

Used Sienna for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

I always buy Toyotas

Maryellen Voigt, 03/20/2017
LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 Sienna CE that I recently gave away to someone who needed a van. It had 280,000 miles on it and still ran, everything (but a few minor things) works on it including the AC. It had no bells or whistles on it that could break anyway. It was an amazing van for our family. Three years ago, I bought a pre-owned 2008 Sienna LE, and I am very happy with this one as well. I hope it lasts as long as the 2000 one. It has a more powerful engine so accelerates nicely, though a little noisy, is roomy inside and has a very large cargo area. Toyota finally made the part for the recalled spare tire mount so I had it installed several months ago. This improved the cargo space in the rear because I no longer had the spare in the rear cargo compartment. I find the front seats uncomfortable for my lower back, even with the lumbar support fully extended so I keep a long pillow in the crack of the seat which remedies the problem. I have met other Toyota owners who seem to have the same problem. I was not a fan of the automatic side doors because I found them to be very slow, but they're growing on me. However, the driver’s side automatic door sometimes does not open when door handle is pulled after the car has been sitting for a day or two. But works with the inside button or from the remote. The rear seats fold into the back compartment easily. The middle row captain’s chairs roll forward to create space but are a bit difficult to remove and put back in—mainly because they are very heavy. This van handles well in all types of driving, even in snow. I bought this van with 72K miles on it in May of 2015 (the year bought below doesn't work). I have driven it over 40K miles since purchased and it has not had any problems. Update on 3/21/2018 for the 2000 Sienna: It now has 292,000 miles on it and still going.

Very Dependable

James Moore, 10/27/2018
XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Probably the most dependable vehicle we have owned. We especially liked the space when going to the beach or skiing. Didn’t even have to put a skii rack on top! Loved the easy access for loading and unloading.

The minivan to buy

hmac, 06/02/2008
XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove both the Odyssey and the Sienna and went with the Sienna at the end. The ride is more comfortable and quiet... you dont want to hear that wind noise and feel more bumps while driving do you? Performance is good, it has a lot of power in it, fuel consump. is about 24-28 hwy/18-22 city. Interior looks are great and roomy though there seems to be some cheap looking plastics inside. Handsome look from outside, not so square and bulky.

Best Minivan out there

Holajn, 03/11/2009
LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I come from a family of minivan users. Of all, the Toyota Sienna is probably the best one we have driven yet. It was priced cheaper than common competitors like the Honda Odyssey and Nissan Quest. The Sienna has outstanding power, it can get to 60 mph no problem (under 7 seconds to be exact!). Unfortunately, my family was involved in a severe accident in February 2009 with this minivan. We rolled over at 40 mph, thankfully nobody was injured. This car is incredibly safe. The stabilizer bars in the roof and doors kept the car very sturdy during the rollover.

Expensive, but worth it.

jamie_z, 10/22/2014
Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2008 Toyota Sienna Limited from Carmax with 112,000 miles on it. I've owned it now for three weeks. I'm fairly impressed. Overall gas mileage is a tick under 20 mpg. I'm a single guy with no kids and I drive a minivan, but I'm ok with that. This one is pretty nice and it holds a lot of stuff when I need it to. Superbly flexible and comfortable accommodations for any number of people. It's an expensive car compared to the competition, but hopefully with the Toyota reputation, it'll last a long time.

12345...19