Used 2001 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Drive her till she drops !!!
By Gary Brown

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have driven this Sequoia since 2001 new have had no problems with it, I did have to replace the radiator( hit a bird) and normal wear and tear items brakes, plugs, one headlight bulb. this has been an exceptional vehicle, I have no complaints, I think if the motor went out I would buy a crate motor and keep on going. love to drive it, pull my boat to the lake with it.I have had the maintenance done every 5000 miles with full synthetic Valvoline oil and the oil stays clean between oil changes. have never had the transmission fluid changed, shifts great. My wife drove it the first 212,000 miles transporting our 2 boys to school and their activities after school, just been a great vehicle !!! Thank you TOYOTA.

love my sequioa for a whole lot of reasons.
By Jc Gonzalez jr.

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My father bought his 2002 Toyota Sequioa limited 2wd 4.7 v-8 in 2002. A great family SUB, to go on road trips. I love everything about the Sequioa had an amazing experience wonderful memories of my father driving his Sequioa all the way to Guadalajara Mexico. Not giving him any problems.

Frame Restoration
By Pink

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota put a brand new frame and related parts ( About $10,000 of new parts on a 14 year old vehicle.) on a year ago due to some rust issues. Thank you Toyota. 170,000 miles and going strong.

electrical problem
By mannyboy

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it brand new a 2001 model love it but lately having problems with my electrical.

since 2001 my family love to go long drive using the Toyota Sequoia very roomy and smooth ride.

Unbelievable
By dirkpitt

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Sequoia in 2001 with just the dealer miles on it. Now, it has about 190,000 miles. I have done the regular services on it. It now needs the 180,000 timing belt change, etc.

This SUV is incredible. It is still tight, quiet, and like new inside and out. It still does not burn any oil between changes. I stated using synthetic about 4 years ago.

At this point, I wonder how long it will last. So far, no problems at all.

UPDATE:

My 2001 Sequoia now has 252,000 miles on her. The rear hatch door latch broke, but I fixed it myself for $25. Small coolant leak, think we've fixed that.
This is an incredible vehicle. Let me explain. My wife drove Suburbans for a long time. I bet we went through 3-4 of them. They were ok, but by the time they had 75,000 miles on them, they would start getting mushy riding. Swaying all over the road. They looked used and worn out. My Sequoia, still rides tight, no swaying, steering is tight, all fittings tight. Soundproof and rattle proof. I've never seen a vehicle maintain it's integrity like this.

We just got back from a 1,500 mile trip in it, with no issues at all. I have cloth seats--no rips, tears...nothing. No cracks on the dash. This is a great car. I dread the day it dies.

I have a friend who has the same model, is has 300,000 miles on it.

Thank-you, Toyota!