Used 2001 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

Used Sequoia for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Unbelievable

dirkpitt, 06/06/2013
SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Sequoia in 2001 with just the dealer miles on it. Now, it has about 190,000 miles. I have done the regular services on it. It now needs the 180,000 timing belt change, etc. This SUV is incredible. It is still tight, quiet, and like new inside and out. It still does not burn any oil between changes. I stated using synthetic about 4 years ago. At this point, I wonder how long it will last. So far, no problems at all. UPDATE: My 2001 Sequoia now has 252,000 miles on her. The rear hatch door latch broke, but I fixed it myself for $25. Small coolant leak, think we've fixed that. This is an incredible vehicle. Let me explain. My wife drove Suburbans for a long time. I bet we went through 3-4 of them. They were ok, but by the time they had 75,000 miles on them, they would start getting mushy riding. Swaying all over the road. They looked used and worn out. My Sequoia, still rides tight, no swaying, steering is tight, all fittings tight. Soundproof and rattle proof. I've never seen a vehicle maintain it's integrity like this. We just got back from a 1,500 mile trip in it, with no issues at all. I have cloth seats--no rips, tears...nothing. No cracks on the dash. This is a great car. I dread the day it dies. I have a friend who has the same model, is has 300,000 miles on it. Thank-you, Toyota!

FRAME

rodrider, 10/31/2012
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The car is ok but totlaly disapointed with the way the frames rust, my 2001 model has a bad frame rust

Frame Restoration

Pink, 06/20/2016
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota put a brand new frame and related parts ( About $10,000 of new parts on a 14 year old vehicle.) on a year ago due to some rust issues. Thank you Toyota. 170,000 miles and going strong.

So Far So Good

rangermutt, 08/04/2011
SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this used the summer of 2011 with 130,000 miles on the odometer and would never have purchased it with that many miles had I not seen records of the service that the original owner religiously followed at a local Toyota dealership. A new transmission was put in at just under 60k miles but otherwise the areas of complaint that I have read about including undersized brakes, frame rust-through and cracked exhaust headers I have not experienced (yet). I installed a trailer brake controller for towing a twin-axle 14 foot cargo trailer with GVWR of 6,500 lbs. I will also be driving it in the winter when the snow is too deep for my Miata.

electrical problem

mannyboy, 08/06/2013
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it brand new a 2001 model love it but lately having problems with my electrical.

12345...19