2017 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great Car
By John

2017 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota is a good car

It' just a car.
By Bob

2017 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Front seats are just average. Height adjustment launches you out of the seat as it tips forward while moving up. Interesting Toyota wants the driver seat comfortable but not the passenger. The new 4cyl motor is just fine for all driving. We have 5000 mi on now and drivability is fine. We replaced our 2003 Highlander with this RAV. The 2003 is still a better car overall than the 2017, only lacking the new safety stuff. The size of the RAV is actually minutely larger than the 2003 Highlander. Should have looked at some of the competing mfg's.

Almost got it
By Bill H.

2017 Toyota RAV4 SE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Rav 4s only weaknesses are 1. Lane departure signal volume not loud enough. Navigation system is dated. 3. No Rear seat air venting. Lastly, when leasing it doesn’t hold its value.

Very reliable SUV.
By Marie O

2017 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The only thing I can say negatively about my RAV4 is the gas mileage. I had been driving a Prius C where I was getting about 40mpg to the RAV4 and get 28 mpg. Going from a hybrid back to a regular car is a shock. However, I love being higher up off the road and the RAV4 is a pleasure to drive. The only maintenance I have to do are oil changes and tire rotation. Very happy with it.

Would be 5 Stars
By Mike

2017 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Not sure if it is the Bridgestone tires or just the lack of good quality insulation but at highway speeds you can really hear the road. Otherwise in the 6 months of ownership I feel it is a great little SUV. You read the Car Magazines knocking the power but I find this 2.5 4 Cyl does a nice job of acceleration from a stop or otherwise. My prior vehicle was a 3.0 ltr. Honda and it was a rocket ship but I am impressed with the RAV4's Zip.