2017 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Hate this SUV - the seats are so cheap.
By Nancy Hollwedel

2017 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The seats are terrible. Cheap

One year later
By Papa Craig

2017 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Brought over a year ago, in March 2017. Car continues to be a gem to drive and own. Drove it on two summer vacations and average 29 MPG. RAV is fun and comfortable to drive. No problems entering freeways ETC. Car is very well equipped ... Limited, AWD with power lift gate, nagivation, hitch, leather ETC. Wife would like the passenger seat to be powered & the sound system to be easier to use. We have the cargo cover and the cargo net which we use all the time. This is our 4th RAV4 having owned a 2000, 2003 & 2008. All of them (limited AWD) are still on the road with the 2000 owned by a friend having 200000+ miles on it (& no major repairs). They have a great fine history of being a very reliable vehicle .

Whata change!
By pdw

2017 Toyota RAV4 SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car but this model requires the use of Toyota's @#$@! scout gps link navigation system. google maps works much better and is easier. I was driving a Nissian Frontier PU with 4 wheel drive (I live in Buffalo, NY) changing to the Rav4 didn't affect my winters. It goes in the snow. I truly enjoy the Rav4's comfort and steering. I feel comfortable on highways and on city streets. It can also cart around an impressive amount with the seats folded down. the rear reclining seats are much appreciated.

Okay not great.
By KMag

2017 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The driver's seat is unbearably uncomfortable on long rides. No real armrests that fit a normal person's body if the seat is in the right position. End up with severe back, neck, and shoulder pain after 2 hours which makes me dread longer drives. Had a Highlander before it become an SUV mini-van and loved the seats, the ride, the power, etc. I can't turn off many of the tech features such as beeping every time I go over a line, neither could the service department. It plays music from my IPhone even when I have the audio off so that sometimes the music is playing when on a call and I can't hear the person. MPH is good, engine is okay but not great at acceleration to pass. I miss my Highlander, wish they would bring the old model back, V6, great storage, roomy and comfy.

Great Car