Used 2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

SAFE, FUN AND COMFORTABLE
By S. Kordela

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Know your needs and seek out info on the competition...

My 2013 Rav4 Limited
By Mike Oakley

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really like this vehicle. No, I think I love this vehicle. I bought this vehicle from my dad who had this before me and he loved it. He is 82 and was just ready for another vehicle. The interior is roomy, the instrumentation is easy to learn and view and the comfort of the seats is fine. Seats are not as comfy as the Volvo I just sold but are good for an SUV. Has the heated leather (or imitation) seats that are comfortable and easy to maneuver and the gas mileage is awesome, especially when you put it in Eco mode. My dad didn't know about the different settings (said he never knew they were there) due to their awkward location but I am fine with it. I don't switch modes when I am driving anyway, I keep it on Eco. At present, the tires that are on the vehicle do not ride smooth and make a humming noise but I am convinced that is due to the tires, not the vehicle. I drive 120 miles to and from work so I need comfort, economy, a good sound system and storage space for my "stuff," golf clubs, foldable chair, etc. So far this vehicle is excellent for what I need. I look forward to many years in this nice ride.

Toyota is always a good choice
By Anthony Wildy

2013 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is our third consecutive Toyota RAV4 since 1966. We’ve always been very pleased with the reliability of our Toyota’s. However, it’s time to try something different. The extra safety features in the new RAVs are pricing us to look at the other SUVs in the marketplace. I’m annoyed that even to have push button starter will force me upgrade thousands of extra dollars making it overpriced compared to other SUVs.

Very reliable, comfortable, spacious Toyota!
By Peter R.

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my RAV for almost five years now and it's been a great vehicle. Despite being the first year of the redesign, this SUV has been super reliable. I can't recall having anything fixed or repaired during the past five years. It's been that good! Aside from the reliability, the gas mileage is another highlight. I usually get 28 MPG in mixed driving, which is outstanding. I am a fairly conservative driver, but that is still outstanding. I love the blue interior lighting. Also, with 56K miles, I still have the original Toyo tires, which have worn very well. I'll probably need to get new tires at 60K miles. I have the basic sound system, not the JBL upgrade, and the sound is excellent...good powerful bass and crisp treble. The bluetooth and navigation work pretty well, although the nav has slow response time and sometimes misses the target location by a half mile or more! One gripe is that the fake leather gets very warm in the heat and doesn't breathe at all, leaving me with a sweaty back! The ride can be a little on the firm side too, especially at lower speeds on side roads. The highway ride is reasonably smooth and quiet. Lastly, the interior design is a bit of a mish-mash...lots of different colors and textures that don't always look like they belong together. Overall, I've been very happy with my '13 RAV4 Limited!

Rock hard seats, rough ride
By Ryan Scot

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The seats are like sitting on a 1 x 4 piece of wood. Zero thigh support and it kept feeling like I was sliding forward. The suspension is extremely stiff and you will feel every bump in the road (even the ones you do not see). After a 600 mile trip to Florida, my back was in pain for 3 days. In fact I always feel pain even after an hour of driving it. It is a beautiful SUV for sure... but it is like my last marriage.... I was fooled by my ex wife's good looks, and I endured a rough and punishing several years. Today I traded it in for a used 2010 Lexus ES 350 for the exact same price I paid for the 2013 RAV4..... Night and day smoothness!! And the soft seat cradles me like a baby. Never a Toyota again.