Used 2012 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

Used Prius for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

2 months of city driving

quentoncassidy, 05/13/2012
Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just had it about two months. Very good handling vehicle around town and the mpg are fantastic! I'm averaging over 50 mpg in stop and go driving. Took a relatively long trip of 350 miles and averaged 56 mpg. Seats are very comfortable and the NAV system and technology features are great. Sound system works very well; I have the Deluxe Solar Package and the upgraded stereo is excellent. There is a solar array on top of the vehicle that runs a ventilation system to cool the car on sunny days and this is another wonderful feature. I've had sun roofs on all my cars since 1978 so I had to have this on the Prius.

Pleasantly surprised with the 2012 over the 2011

chipl, 03/02/2012
Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Was bargain shopping for a 2011 at a Tysons VA dealer last week. They dissed me on the trade and said to take it to Carmax for the trade. So headed to Laurel MD and glad I did! The 2012 is so much nicer inside than the 2011. Add to that $3900 better on my trade-in! Things people complain about, road noise, the stereo, and such - just aren't there in my opinion. The ride/noise is as nice as my old 2003 Baja, maybe better at times except under very hard acceleration. Loving the CVT transmission, such smooth driving; but find myself needing to watch the speedometer more to be sure I am not speeding.

2012 Prius III

stef6, 04/04/2012
Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Hybrid. The Prius is a comfortable good performing car for everyday driving. Two things to remember the Prius is neither a luxury car or a sports car. Once you drive it for a while the gas mileage will make you forget whatever other issues you have with the car.

Be sure this is what you want

unixfreak0037, 12/30/2012
Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was pretty excited when we first bought this car. Now that the hybrid novelty has worn off I realize what this is really is -- it's a decent family car that gets really good gas mileage. It is essentially the mini-van for small families. So be sure this is what you want. It's pretty boring to drive, and the cheap seats (in the base model) are not all that comfortable for long trips. The engine gets loud on hills, the the noise on poorly maintained roads at high speeds can be unbearable.

A happy buyer.

emmettmoore, 04/20/2012
Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased a 2012, loaded Prius. Out the door at $35k. Switched from a Mercedes e350 that was getting 16 mpg city driving. Spending $80 dollars per week was just pissing me off...so i took the plunge. The performance is no comparison to the Mercedes, and the interior is bit bland. However, I am really enthused about the gas mileage. Drove around the city, punching the gas to see how bad of mileage I could get (seriously), I ended up with 44 after a day. The next day I babied the gas pedal on got 50. My wife is a real baby and wont drive anything but a benz, she is actually kind of liking this car, which is a big relief. My 10 year old son loves the big back seats.

12345...13