Used 2003 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

Used Prius for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Just the car I needed

donpar, 07/11/2004

I mostly do relatively (less than 10 mile) commutes which involves a lot of city street driving. Under these conditions, the mileage is excellent, never less than 40 mpg. Don't do a whole lot of highway and hill driving so can't comment on that. For what I need the car has exceeded my expectations.

Fun to save

Klebel, Wolfgang, 10/17/2004

I just have the Prius for a few week, but my dribving has changed. I save more gas because I drive with an eye on the Power picture, always being aware a little less gas can save it and get me there in good time. Especiallthe stopping and starting is more leasurly and saves!

Completey satisfied

Maine-iacs, 03/21/2005

We have tracked mileage for every tank of gas, averaging 53 mpg all around during summer months and 44mpg during winters. We do a 44mile commute each workday at 55-60mph. Two riders with total weight of 290lbs. We see no signficant drop in mileage when on the interstate at 70-75 mph. We plan to purchase another

Great car... wave to the gas pumps

icvalue, 11/08/2007

Outstanding car overall, Great gas mileage (46 avg.). Very reliable car. Better acceleration than most small cars and it handles very well. Much roomier than I expected.

A little bit disappointed

Scott, 05/23/2006

We were so excited to own this car. It is our first new car and I share it with my wife. We drive it more then average drivers ~18-19000 per year. We average 40 miles per gallon and that is when we do not use the air conditioning. We have asked our Toyota dealership about it and they have not been able to answer except by saying it must be because we always accelerate too fast, which is untrue. We also recently had to replace the "transmission knob sensor" at a cost of $750 and it was no longer under warranty. we have also had some other quality problems with the car. It also goes through tires faster then other cars.

12345...19