Used 2003 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

Used Prius for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Toyota Hybrid is a Winner

homertcornish1, 08/27/2006
4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 4 years of driving I have found the 2003 Toyota Prius an excellent auto in every category except for comfort. The newer models are 5 inches longer which should improve the comfort. My average highway mileage is over 50 mpg regardless of speed. In town mileage is closer to 45 (Toyota claims you get better mileage in town but its not true). It has plenty of power to go up mountains and can keep up with the best of cars and trucks on the Interstate. I have had only one minor glitch during the 4 years of my ownership and that was a minor computer that was replaced free by Toyota. Maintenance has been comparable to a regular gasoline car, except for the $700 cost of the 60,000 maintenance.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Just the car I needed

donpar, 07/11/2004
4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I mostly do relatively (less than 10 mile) commutes which involves a lot of city street driving. Under these conditions, the mileage is excellent, never less than 40 mpg. Don't do a whole lot of highway and hill driving so can't comment on that. For what I need the car has exceeded my expectations.

5 out of 5 stars

Fun to save

Klebel, Wolfgang, 10/17/2004
4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just have the Prius for a few week, but my dribving has changed. I save more gas because I drive with an eye on the Power picture, always being aware a little less gas can save it and get me there in good time. Especiallthe stopping and starting is more leasurly and saves!

5 out of 5 stars

Completey satisfied

Maine-iacs, 03/21/2005
4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have tracked mileage for every tank of gas, averaging 53 mpg all around during summer months and 44mpg during winters. We do a 44mile commute each workday at 55-60mph. Two riders with total weight of 290lbs. We see no signficant drop in mileage when on the interstate at 70-75 mph. We plan to purchase another

4 out of 5 stars

A little bit disappointed

Scott, 05/23/2006
4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We were so excited to own this car. It is our first new car and I share it with my wife. We drive it more then average drivers ~18-19000 per year. We average 40 miles per gallon and that is when we do not use the air conditioning. We have asked our Toyota dealership about it and they have not been able to answer except by saying it must be because we always accelerate too fast, which is untrue. We also recently had to replace the "transmission knob sensor" at a cost of $750 and it was no longer under warranty. we have also had some other quality problems with the car. It also goes through tires faster then other cars.

12345...19