2017 Toyota Prius Prime Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Prius Prime Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius Prime model:

Love my new Prius Prime
By Alison

2017 Toyota Prius Prime Hatchback Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Most of my driving is within the 30 mile electric charge range. I bought my 2017 Prime in April and have only put gas in it twice, each time 8 gallons. The car is sporty and handles like a dream. All of my friends are jealous and want one now. I get compliments from strangers when I'm out and about! The blue magnetism color is a knockout. This car is sexy! Only drawback: it only seats 4 passengers, but that hasn't really been an issue for me yet. Also, not much cargo space, but I had a trailer hitch put on so I can carry my bike, and I can use it to add a cargo rack if necessary.

2017 prius prime plus
By Karen

2017 Toyota Prius Prime Hatchback Plus 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I miss the back window wiper but it wouldn't work on the curved glass. I don't need the iPad type control panel so i went with the Plus model. It has everything I use and need. I've never used the heated seats but they came with it. I put 30k on it in 1 year and get about 88-100 mpg. I love it! I wish there were more charging stations around. In my area they are all free. I can drive to work on a charge with a little left but can't charge there as it is a private residence. I don't notice any increase in my electric usage home. I would buy another! Plus it is a 4 seater but it doesn't effect what I need the car for. For me with the price of gas right now i can drive about 600 miles a week for just about $22. I fill up 1x a week.

storage and no spare
By Wstarrr

2017 Toyota Prius Prime Hatchback Advanced 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went ahead and bought a spare tire from tirerack.com for $137 shipped to my house the next day for peace of mind because I have to keep the spare in the back very little storage now but I'll make that trade-off because I'm getting stuck in the middle of nowhere but with a tire you can't fix is not something I want to deal with probably will go with a roof rack and luggage container other than that love the car safeties awesome and the mileage is exceptional I love it and the electric mode I've been driving it for about a year now and get pretty close to 28 miles on a charge

Better than Specifications Sheet
By Richard

I have owned the car for almost a year now, I drive 31 miles to and from work with an average speed of 41mph. I currently get 30 miles electric range when AC or heater is on, even when ICE kicks in, electric mode can be used to sustain speed, so I fill the tank once per 2 months. Currently sitting at over 200mpg (car Max) but I believe im sitting somewhere near 300 miles per gallon combined with my electric, on ICE/Hybrid I normally pull off 68mpg.

First Toyota! So far so good!
By Ash

Literally walked across to the Toy dealership after dropping off the Ford CMax. My commute increased from 65 Miles round trip to 80 Miles. Choice was between the new LEAF, Bolt and the prime. Decided against the LEAF because of all the range anxiety I had with my 2012 LEAF. Bolt was finally off the list because of the size of the car. Prius won me hands down. Automatic collision detection has saved me at least once while driving back from work. Has 6000 mi on the car already averaging about 99 Mpge lifetime. Visit to the gas station is every 850 miles which is wonderful.