Used 2015 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

Never saw the gas mileage advertised
By Edward Carl

2015 Toyota Prius c Three 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was sold on this car because a salesman did a demo he probably wasn't allowed to do. Had me take my hands off of the steering wheel and slam on the brakes in the middle of the (unoccupied) street. The car stopped perfectly without swerving in any way. The safety of this car is fabulous. The interior is clean and neat and after two years is holding up well. I have two complaints. Primarily, the combined mileage of this car is 45 mpg. Lately it's been around 43. Maybe because it's summer and I'm using the air more. However, it gets better mileage in warm than cold. I don't think the battery likes cold as well. If I can manage to coast a lot and never have to accelerate quickly, I have hit 50, but it's only been a couple of times over two years. The other complaint is the cargo room. I had a 95 Honda Civic that I gave up for this. (I loved that car and the resale was incredible!) However, I lost 6 cubic feet of cargo room when I bought this 2015 Prius C. That makes quite a difference if you go camping or ever carry lots of cargo. People's legs are squished in the minimal amount of leg room in the back seat. Otherwise, this car has grown on me. It's smooth and quiet and gets better mileage than non-hybrid cars, but just barely.

Great Tiny Car
By Dimitrij Fedorov

2015 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a Prius C because I needed a cheap, reliable hatchback to use for work. Since then, I have discovered a lot of additional benefits, such as better-than-advertised fuel economy, very clever traction/braking control, quiet and comfortable ride (for a tiny vehicle) and great instrumentation. The amount of space in the rear seat area is almost obscene.

this is the one you have been waiting for
By philip schwartz

2015 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great deal now

Judge Me By My Size, Do You?
By Joshua

2015 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a 20-something college graduate who works in the film industry and drives across the country regularly. My priorities are functionality and pragmatism.

My 2014 Prius C (lovingly appended "-3P0") was the first *new* car I ever bought, and in the 12 months I owned it I had put 45,000 miles on it driving from Albuquerque to Los Angeles, Seattle to Oklahoma City, and more. It's not a luxurious cruise, but I always felt safe, and the vehicle consistently performed as expected (a massive boon to the long drives is the flawlessly integrated bluetooth system). If you take care of this car as instructed, and I don't mean hand-polishing your paint job once a week, but simply driving smart and providing regular maintenance, it'll work very hard for you.

Let's talk about size for a moment. Inside, the fold-down seats provide you with substantial storage space for a vehicle in the class. Transporting grip equipment like tripods and steadicams, is generally no problem as long as you organize your cases appropriately. And as for my *favorite* aspect of this car, PARKING, I am simply smitten with the profile of this vehicle. Maybe its because I'm a European living in the states, but I can't imagine driving a car larger than this and still being able to find parking in downtown LA--or almost anywhere in LA--on short notice during any given day.

Now for some exaggerated criticism. I've had friends tell me that driving this car is not unlike riding a large turtle (I for one happen to respect the longest-living mammal on this planet). Merging onto the highway? Either slam on that gas pedal and listen to your engine scream as the acceleration meter runs red, or stay in the green and ignore the scowls of zooming passerby's blaring their horns. This isn't a threat. More of a warning.

At the end of the day, I loved my little C-3P0 and don't for one second regret choosing him over the Yaris, Fiesta, Sonic, or Dart. But as it looks like I'll be driving a lot less in the days to come, I decided to trade him in for a fresh start, and after perusing all the new 2016 models of the aforementioned selections for which I am obviously a target consumer (including a very frisky crimson Scion iA whispering my name) I drove off the dealership with another Prius C. I have no regrets (I mean, just look at that gorgeous front bumper).

Now I just have to find a good name...

Excellent Commuter Vehicle
By Brian Mescher

2015 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive 80 miles a day, including city streets, freeways, and mountain roads.

The car has trouble going faster than 80 mph, but I don't really want to be driving any faster than that (I have a lead foot/self-control issue).