Used 2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

Prius C
By Pvc

2014 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

lots of cargo room with rear seats folded down. very good visibllity in hwy driving. Fun to drive. Handles rough roads well... Mpg of 54 without even trying.

Great car
By Joe

2014 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's a Toyota. Excellent reputation, quality and comfort. Others complain about the storage but I brought home a 52" tv in mine. Very quiet except when floored. Not a GT or racer but great every day transportation. 40k miles and the tires are still about 60%. $30 for oil (Mobile 1 0w20 Green) and filter at autozone. I couldn't be more satisfied. I am a single retired guy so this might not be a good fit for a family with kids, but that would be true for any car this size.

Great Little car,
By Mel Bee

2014 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very good car. Excellent workmanship, everything is tight with no rattles (as with Detroit products). Not a speedster but you get use to not pulling in front of people. This was my first Japanese car. I have had many Detroit specials, but no longer.

A great purchase
By Frank S

2014 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had the car less than 1 month but so far it is everything I had hoped it would be. It's my commuter car / kid shuttle. It handles great on city streets and has a surprising amount of pickup. Hope we have a long future together.

Loved leasing it enough to buy it but....
By Robin Rosner

2014 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

They should have talked to me first. This was a rushed purchase, and I very well might still have bought it. I had been a devoted Nissan Sentra owner since the Datsun B-210. Kept them all over 10 years. But then you get to that point where needed repair expenses could be invested in a new car...in this last case, I had a broken spring, a surprise, so it wasn't safe to drive. The pressure was on. The new Sentra was way too big for my comfort and fitting in the garage with a Chevy...and I hated the console between the two front seats. My sister had the Prius C...so I wound up at a Toyota dealership I should have walked away from. It was a terrible lesson learned the hard way...But back to the car....It was a good fit with a comfortable seat...and it was...okay...cute. ANd there were colors beyond silver and black...The finish of the dash does look like one review noted, as if there are scratches...which I guess is good because when my protective pup jumped up, or a clip board slid down both leaving marks...it's less obvious. Never happened in the Sentra...so I think they could do better about that. The little pen section on the dash is a pain...it holds dust and crumbs and is a pain to clean. I like closed, concealed space. The cupholders are in a great position...up front and center on below the dash...but they were not smart enough to make a liner that could be removed to be washed. I also dislike the placement of the other driving mode buttons beneath the handbrake. If my pup is with me she can easily stand on that. I was able to get a strong, small container that was shallow enough to place over the buttons, and then put a folded towel over that. Problem solved... It also was a big transition to go from a trunk to a condensed space in back. In thinking about getting a new piece of luggage, I had to measure carefully to make sure it would fit to be concealed. So I guess it's true that it is more a city car and not one for a road trip with more adults who have baggage, unless it's short trips with limited bags. I also, woke up in a sweat after starting the sales process when I realized that my pup, who can be protective, and even if not...could squeeze her way through over the back seat and out the hatch if she were determined. A real scare factor for me. As a precaution I both have her secured via seat belt loop and also got one of those metal barriers which I put behind the back seat. And of course...you've gotta love the gas mileage. That is a relief. Going totally electric would just be too nerve wracking for a single woman driving alone...