Skip to main content

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your trim:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Rolling again

Ken S, 10/28/2021
2022 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Just replaced a 2018 Highlander due to accident. Of course the car is comfortable and nice to drive but I especially appreciate it after the accident. The 2018 was totaled because of a head on collision. My wife and I only had minor injuries that I attribute to the strength of the vehicle and the air bags that completely isolated us.

Smooth/Powerful

Mrs. Rosa, 11/04/2021
2022 Toyota Highlander Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We fell in love with this vehicle because of how comfortable, rides very smoothly but yet it's very powerful. It is extremely roomie inside, it came with the weather tech mats. The technology on this SUV it's amazing, cameras everywhere for safety so you don't have an excuse to bump any were. I cannot say enough good things about this SUV.

5 out of 5 stars

The best XLE Highlander we’ve had.

CTDEADHEAD, 12/31/2021
2022 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We’ve leased 4 Highlanders in the last 10-years. We trade them in for new ones when they get to around 30k miles. We decided to buyout our 2019 Highlander because getting a new one with the chip shortage was near impossible and the pricing was WAY over list. Consumer Reports rated the 2019 highly for a used SUV. I present this background because the 2022 XLE is awesome…and worth the extra money. It is high-tech…the drivers side feels more like the cockpit of a small plane. Seats are very comfortable and so far, the features seem to be well positioned unlike the other models we’ve had. There is no GPS…but if you have a cell phone it is not needed. The rear window on the tailgate would open on the 2019…not on the 2022 and if I have a complaint, this might be it. It’s quick, comfortable and it looks better…front to back then the 2019. Highly recommend!

Phenomenal! Love my

Jess, 03/12/2022
2022 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I bought at the worst possible time in early 2022. I paid $3500 OVER sticker thanks to an added "up-charge" due to supply and demand issues. (All dealers are doing this, not just Toyota). My minivan was totaled and I needed something ASAP. My 2022 XLE with XP package is absolutely gorgeous with 20 inch gloss black rims, performance tires, blacked-out emblems, and running boards (perfect for kids, older folks and the otherwise vertically challenged). Very roomy and comfortable for four adults or families with 2 or 3 kids. I have the 2nd row bench seat which offers maximum seating space. The rear captain’s chairs are nice but Toyota put drink holders in between the seats instead of incorporating them into the rear of the driver’s console. This limits storage space between the seats (was a perfect spot for a cooler in my minivan) and limits accessibility to the third row. I wouldn’t depend on the 3rd row for daily use. It’s undersized and tricky to access but that’s not an issue for us. Folded flat, it offers a ton of easily accessible rear storage space. Cargo space is otherwise pretty limited if 3rd row seat is in use. One problem is the button to close the back gate is located on the bottom of the tailgate. This makes it impossible to reach for anyone under 5’2” so kids will need the assistance of an adult (XLE and lower models, higher models have hands-free power liftgate). It’s loaded with safety features thanks to the Toyota Safety Sense (TSS 2.5+) that comes standard. Perfect for inexperienced or otherwise safety-challenged drivers but features can be disabled. Through the Toyota app, I can monitor driver behavior and location when someone else is using the car. I can even set up “guest driver” restrictions like speed and distance. I really love the way it drives! The ride is smooth, quiet, and comfortable with a luxury feel. For a mid-sized SUV, the turning radius is small, making u-turns and sharp or tight corners a breeze. Steering is very responsive making it easy to maneuver through city traffic and park in tricky spaces. And it is quite fast! Even in the Eco driving mode which adds 2 mpg. Gas mileage is amazing at 21 city/ 29 highway (my much slower minivan averaged 18 mpg). As another reviewer mentioned, the back window is quite small, making rear visibility poor. And the rear seat headrests are in the way which is frustrating. The pros more than make up for the very few cons. Additional features include a wireless charger, 14 cup holders, sunroof/moonroof, heated and power front seats, multiple Usb-A and C ports, and rear sunshades.

Better than a Lexus rx

Toyota man, 12/08/2021
2022 Toyota Highlander Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I traded my 2017 rx 350 sport in, for a 2022 highlander platinum. Wow just wow. The highlander rides on the new updated platform. The ride is superior to my old Lexus. Much more room, due to the new platform. Features galore. My rx was nice but can’t hold a candle to this highlander. Toyota outdone there self again. For those comparing the two. The 2022 highlander has the same engine and awd system as the 2022 rx. Yes torque vectoring awd wow. This truck is a joy to drive,

12345...7