2015 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Disappointed
By Dennis

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the look of this newly designed Highlander, but that's about all I like unfortunately. The engine is strong and has plenty of power. The transmission also seems to perform well. The ride is very stiff. You feel every bump and get knocked around a lot. I have trouble pushing buttons on the awful navigation/entertainment system because it's tough to keep my hand still due to the rough ride. Toyota went way too small on the tires. They are very low profile made more for a sports/performance car. The seats are also rock hard, so my butt and back are usually hurting after only 30 minutes of driving. The heated/cooled seats do work well. The navigation/entertainment system is a major disappointment! The navigation is so bad that I have to use Google Maps on my iPhone which unfortunately won't stay connected to the bad Bluetooth. It rarely gave the best route and sometimes couldn't even find the address. The sound system isn't great either. The HD radio constantly goes in and out. The touch screen isn't very responsive either as I have to tap buttons multiple times. I do love the dynamic radar cruise control, but it does take a while to get back up to speed when you change lanes, and you can't change the default setting for distance between you and the car in front of you. It's always set for furthest distance which is way too far. There is also no oil life indicator or tire pressure readings! This is a $38,000 vehicle! You just get an annoying maintenance reminder that pops up every 5,000 miles. Dumb! I am seriously considering trading it in already after only 6 months sadly..

Always a Toyota person, never again though
By M. Nick

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV LE Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The buzzing noise is horrible when the weather is cold. Entune does not work well, only intermittent. AC is not reliable. Internal cabin seats, center console are poor quality and after only a year and a half owning the car, it's cracking already and my drivers seat shows wear.

Very Impressed
By J Davis

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had this car for two years. We have two kids under 5 years old. We have loved this car, its styling, its comfort, and its reliability. Pros: Very comfortable, great drive, good handling, first 20k maintenance included, reliable, very solid all the way around in every category, awesome tray under dashboard. Cons: Toyota still seems to be struggling a little with inside aesthetics, mixing colors that don't match, etc. The third row seat is difficult to get to and very uncomfortable - Probably only viable for kids 7-13 age range, with even a small booster seat in the car it takes up more width than allotted for the seat so you can not take advantage of the 60/40 split with two in the car, you pay a premium price for features where you can get much more for the same money on a car like a Nissan Pathfinder (but this car handles better *Toyota that is*), small issue with blind spots as found in many cross overs in this category, gas millage much worse on highway and city than listed. Overall great vehicle and we would buy it again.

over priced uncomfortable and not user friendly
By Don Levad

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Nav. system is a total disaster to the point of being a danger to use.The seats are like concrete and the passenger seat does not articulate. the remote start has no range and works maybe one out of ten tries. The Hwy Mpg is about the same as my 400 hp 2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi PU and worse than the 5.3 v8 Envoy we traded in.The tire pressure monitor has no gage. No oil pressure gage or volt meter? What is this 1959? Dome lights put out about 2 watts and the factory hitch looks like it was put in with a chain saw. Radar cruise control or the manual resume takes a week to regain the loss of speed. We just returned from a 2000 mile trip in this brand new car and my wife and I have never hated a car more. I have owned at least 25 new cars in my life and have never been so disappointed. I do not care how much it cost. This turd is gone!

Technology challenged!!!!!
By Dan

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

This car has the absolutely worst interface i have ever experienced. I had numerous lexus models and never had a problem with their electronics. I realize this is not a lexus but the Toyota brand has sunk to terrible lows in putting the Head unit ( navigation and entertainment) in this car. They ruin the entire experience of ownership. A car that does a reasonable job on comfort and economy falls down terribly when the navigation and entertainment system shuts down every fifteen mins. After ten shop visits and a final escalation to Toyota HQ, the answer was the unit is not completely compatible with the Apple iPhone. Really, not compatible with the most popular phone on the planet. I didn't believe it at first but i have come to believe them. After having been stranded many times due to navigation failures i gave up and sold the car. I move back to MB and i have never been happier. I hope someone in Toyota reads this and realizes they lost a customer for ever. I would never buy another vehicle from them.