Used 2013 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Love my 2013 Toyota Highlander
By Beverly Stump

2013 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best value for the money. Very dependable, looks great and enjoyable to drive.

Good car but
By Kent

2013 Toyota Highlander Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went to buy a Toyota thinking that they hold their value, wow was I wrong. From purchase price to trade in over 2 years lost $15000. I figured this would get better gas millage but 17 around town to 25 maybe going down hill on the highway, I am not lead footed. Gas pedal is sensitive and transmission doesn't shift into low by it's self going up a steep driveway. Toyota has a poor policy about chrome parts blistering, only covering it for 3 years. The GPS is hard to program and expensive to update us your smart phone instead.

Great Vehicle
By Jim

2013 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rides nice, good gas mileage (21 mpg) combined, plenty of room, quiet, good acceleration. I definitely recommend this vehicle.

Toyota's are No longer quality!!
By Mrs. J

2013 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Right before my warranty ended I had to get both front door locks replaced!!! After warranty like by 1000 miles my back passenger door lock quit working. Now I'm at 56,000 miles and both front door locks are dying again. I had to have rearbrakes replaced at 25,000 miles. I always got 50 to 60,000 miles out of back brakes from my last 2003 highlander. Toyota will not fix these issues, they do not see these items as defective but regular wear and tear. Total b.s. Steering wheel could go higher or seat to go back smothering or 2 would be ideal. Seat belt being bigger would be nice and head rest on the seats aren't comfortable.

Highlender back row
By Syed Iqbal

2013 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Highlender 3 rd row quality like a baby seat, not enough room over there, quality s bad, if you use 3rd row then there is no place to keep bags for 7 people so i can't find out in which base they make 3rd row and call as a 7 seated car. SO, DONT BUY HIGHLANDER FOR 7 SEATED CAR.