Used 2004 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

Used Highlander for Sale
Select your model:
12345...58

Pros
Cons

Too many issues

mm, 01/22/2008

Good: ride, airbags, tether, handling. Bad: quality (started rattling at 20000 miles), warranty repair, failing steering column at 31000 miles in non-demanding driving conditions (mostly flat or slightly hilly terrain). Very dissapointing experience with my 3rd Toyota.

Overall ok, but a few problems

Allison, 11/23/2009

Dealer said seats were scotchguarded. Were not and now they are terribly stained. Had brake problem that I took to the dealer 4 times that they couldn't figure out. Local shop fixed it. Traction control terrible. Should have gotten 4WD. Suitable gas mileage. Tow a small utility trailer fine. Good family car overall.

Nellie Highlander

Colleen, 09/02/2016
AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my Toyota 4 runner because I am older and short. I have an arthritic knee which made getting in and out of the vehicle difficult. After driving my daughter in laws Highlander I knew this was the vehicle for me. She came with the name Nellie and I Love her. She is the perfect height for accessibility and she drives and handles like a Cadillac. March 2020- Three and a half year's later Nellie is still going strong. I have had no issues other than a moody heat switch. It heat's well most of the time so I haven't felt the need for repair yet. Regular maintenance is all she's had. This is a Great vehicle.

Amazing gas mileage for suv

04Hldrluvit, 07/21/2008

When I first picked this up, I knew I would be paying a lot for gas, but little did I know how great this thing was on the highway, where 95%of my driving is. With the scan gauge tool, I was getting 28 mpg at 63 mph cruise. Interior is very car like and comfortable, buttons are all huge and simple. The awd is not even noticeable. Standard stability and traction control and abs is just why Toyota is dominating domestics.

Not What I Expected

KndOne, 02/03/2005

Although the Highlander overall is adequate, it's shortfalls are obvious. The gas mileage is terrible, I've yet to get more than 16 mpg even on the fwy. If you accelerate at the wrong time <when trans is shifting on its own> the trans just winds out while you go nowhere. The seats are the most comfy I found in this genre of car, and the car has alot of pep to it.

12345...58