Used 2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 340 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

The most reliable car EVER MADE!!
By Geoff

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Camry LE new in August 2005 and it now (13 1/2 years later) has about 140,000 miles on it. Simply put, this car never breaks down. Other than routine maintenance--oil, tires, change fluids, new shocks, etc--I have spent about $300.00 on repairs. Yep, $300.00 in 13 1/2 years and that repair was for something that wasn't even that important and was more of a precaution (can't even remember what it was). Everything still works perfectly--A/C, heat, power windows, transmission, electrical. No problems at all. This car just keeps on going. Great gas mileage because it's a 4 cylinder. Sure it's not the most exciting car visually or to drive but who cares when it's this cheap to operate. I paid around 17k for this car and it's the best money I've ever spent on a vehicle by far.

Great car!
By Darryl Cowan

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is a great car. I have in two words say 270 miles on it and it was over 150 miles before any repairs were needed. No it was not to pin you to the seat during a high speed acceleration or corner a curve in the road like a race car but it is a well above average car. I own it now and it is my only car after 12 years.

Most reliable
By Judy

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, 172000 miles on it and I trust it for all of my travels.

10 Years later and still looking and running great
By Thomas

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Camry and I've NEVER bought one new, EVER. I buy them certified used with around 30,000 miles and then drive them for no less than 5 years. The 2005 however, has been with me the longest, almost 11 years and it still looks and runs great. I'm estimating I'll get a another decent 3 to 4 years out it of so I've gone ahead and replaced the timing chain and water pump just to be on the safe side. Other than breaks and tires and some routine maintenance it hasn't needed anything major repair-wise. I LOVE this body style and not big on the new styles but eventually I'm almost certain, I'll be headed for my 5th Camry.

Best 5 spd. manual available
By Thomas L.

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife bought this car new and drove it until she bought a 2015 Camry. It has gotten great gas mileage since the beginning and has had no repairs except for a new clutch. It has new tires/alignment, new clutch and serpentine belt. It has not been in the shop for anything but maintenance.