Used 1994 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My Rustbucket
By Logan

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

So, where should I start? Well, the fuel door recently fell off, the steering collum is all taped up, the driver's side exterior door lock is jammed, and the shocks are shot. But, even with all these minor issues, I love it. It's my rustbucket. While a lot of the ride and comfort is all about shot, the engine and transmission refuses to die. By the way, it has about 178K on the clock. All I've had to do over a 24 year period is change the oil, spark plugs, and brakes. While it isn't the fastest machine, it's the most fun. Mainly, this has to do with its lightweight body and the Lexus four-cylinder. So, in all fairness, it's a peach. As a car guy, this car car is not only a little fun to drive, it's pretty dang good looking. Mine has a dark green exterior and a sandal cloth interior with wood panneling. Personally, I've had a lot come up and say they like the car. In fact, I had a rich friend try and by it from me once. So, while it might be just a car to some, it's my car. Would I recomend this to somebody as a first car? Yes!

Great Car
By Mike

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

it's built to last

Is it the car or is it the tires?
By Carol

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I love my 94 Toyota except that I can't drive it in the snow and have to be careful when coming to a stop in the rain. I am having new tires put on my car tomorrow 1/11/17. I went to Costco and Sam's Club to buy tires for it and they don't carry them. The only place locally that I could find tires to be put on the same day was Walmart. The tires are Goodyear Viva and I am hoping that my problem is the Viva tires by Goodyear. They are in very good condition but I am afraid to drive it in the snow as it slides very easily and I have to be careful when coming to a stop sign when it's raining as my car has slid across the road when I tried to stop. If a car had been coming, I would have hit it and it would of been my fault. I am not a fast driver so I am hoping it's the tires. Has anyone else had a problem driving in the rain or snow with a 94 Camry LE 4 cylinder? I have 187K miles on my car and it doesn't burn any oil. I bought it in 2005 from the original owner. I am retired and live in Pa. and it snows every winter so I need sometimes to go out when it snows and not be afraid. Hopefully, the General Alti Max 43 tires that will be put on tomorrow (recommended by a Toyota dealer) will take care of my problem.

Beats having a car payment!
By Average Joe

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Update: Five days later, the thieves stole all the parking marker lights, the taillights, the headlights, the drive shifter and my dashcam, and other parts to make the car not street legal. This is the first and LAST time I buy a Toyota product for that very reason. I buy the car to drive, not to have a roving parts store in front of my job and apartment. The Camry is too high on the most-stolen list and I should have known better, but now my faith in humanity is very low and I will TRUST NO ONE.
DO NOT BUY A USED CAMRY, YOU ARE ASKING TO HAVE IT STRIPPED OR STOLEN.
------------------------------------------

What a great car this 1994 Camry is. Once the lease was up on my new car, I decided to make a clean break and start over with a well running, older car without all the bells and whistles, without all the distracting gadgets. I encountered a really nice, white 1994 Toyota Camry with a fair amount of miles on it, but the price was fair for the condition and it drove beautifully. Unlike my other (new) car, visibility improved by 50%. No huge pillars blocking the side view. No sharp angle on the rear window blocking the rear view. Overall, the car is just that--a car--unremarkable, plain, simple and elegant in its uncomplication. It goes from A to B in all kinds of weather, I can see everything, so it feels like a well-insulated go-cart. Rain, cold, snow and ice are no problem, and unlike a new car, I can put snow cables on my Camry and chew up the snow and ice like butter, because the clearance is there between the wheel and the strut. 14" wheels mean I won't have to take out a loan to buy tires. Not much else to say, except that I love it, being just another Joe on the road with another cookie cutter car, humble, no expectations, no need to see if anyone is looking as I drive by, ego free. Perfect. And cheap!

Nice car
By Garrett

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

It is a very nice car. Worth way more than what I paid for it. I've had it for about two years now and it had 189,000 miles on it. The handling is very good, the leather seats are very comfortable, the visibility is good, moon roof is fully functional, acceleration is rather decent, and brakes are good. The radio is not very good. The speakers sound very good for this generation, but the antenna motor (the one that is supposed to retract the antenna back into the vehicle after the radio is switched off) does not retract the antenna; it just makes noise. The CD and Tape players no longer work, but the AM/FM Tuner works great. The trunk is absolutely massive and the interior room is superb. Overall, a very nice car.