Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A Little Disappointing
By convertible guy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Solara in August, and was having a blast putting the top down. At first, I thought it was the car for me! But when I figured out all of the problems, I decided otherwise. After two months, I kept getting water leakage in the interior. Now, I knew there would probably be a little bit considering it was a convertible, but I didn't know there would be drips and runs of water every time I washed it or drove it in the rain! Also, there is a significant blind spot in the rear! I don't feel very comfortable driving it not knowing who's behind me. I think that they should make the rear window larger like the old style of Solara.

Very sporty looks. Nicely planned interior.

Do something about the leaks in the interior. Maybe make the rear headrests smaller like the coupe's, or make them removable to get rid of that blind spot.

A Joy to Drive
By sdallenhou

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've never enjoyed a vehicle as much as I've enjoyed this one. The styling and layout are perfect, and the handling is smooth. The navigation system is more difficult to learn than I thought it would be. There are a couple of visibility problems. First, there is a wide blind spot with the roof up - good luck backing out of a parking space. Second, the top of the windshield hits just so that I can't see traffic lights if I'm first in line. Other than those two flaws, this is the perfect vehicle. I drove a 2006 Solara I4 coupe for several months and replaced it with the SLE convertible and am thrilled that I did. Gas mileage isn't as good on the V6, but it is much more enjoyable!

Overall look and feel, leather interior, heated seats, easy-to-use roof system, ride, stability, styling, navigation system.

Easier navigation system, better gas mileage, work-around for blind spot with roof closed.

Excellent Toyota, you did it again
By hector garcia

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 Solara now has 16,250.00 miles on it today as it sits on my driveway. I purchased it on 06/03/05 and have not made a single trip to the dealership yet, not even a bulb. The engine still sounds like day one, can't even tell it's even running, that's what all my passengers say. Very little if any road noise at all. I'm a repeat satisfied customer. Once again, thank you Toyota. It just cost me 100.00 now in maintenance since I bought it.

Smooth ride, silent engine, very good build, interior design, love the front lights and fogs, JBL stereo rocks.

rear view if possible, that's all.

Solara, A Great Touring Convertible
By Michael Byrnes

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle for the Toyota name and because I didn't want a small convertible. It was recommended by Consumer Reports as well. The other mid size convertibles were either too "old' looking to me or too pricey. This vehicle allows us to bring two or three friends along. The 2006 Solara has a very smooth ride, stability and traction control, the seating is great, it's very comfortable getting in and out, and it's a pleasure on the open road, top down. There is almost no detectable engine noise. In fact the only flaw is at low speeds, 15 to 30 mph, when the gas and the transmission seem to resist acceleration enough to make it feel like its dragging before it kicks in and leaps forward.

My favorite feature has to be the quiet smooth ride with the open touring car feel. I also like that the motor for opening the top give you a little leaway when you overlook the unlocking and press the button to open the top.

If I could ask for one improvement it would be to smooth out the acceleration at lower speeds. And my second suggestion would be to continue making them beyond 2008. Well,maybe I'll have a more valuable classic, and sooner.

Solara 2006
By NB

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Solara 6 cyl performs like a thoroughbred. The leather seats are comfortable and the instrument panel is very good. There is a need for a place to put your loose change. The armrest compartment needs to flip open to the side instead of opening flipping backwards. The navigation system should offered as an option.

Performance.

Needs the navigation system.