Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Hoped For Better
By Mark

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I find this vehicle to be a pig on fuel and underpowered at that. The car is fun to drive because of the conv. top but lacks in stereo quality and the navigation system has a mind of its own. At times the nav. is very annoying, but all in all a fun car. The tires are low profile on 17' wheels and they cut the moment you touch a curb.

the wind screen when driving with the top down makes the drive more enjoyable.

use stronger tires, more powerful stereo system with better speakers, more power fuel efficient engine and design an easier to use navigation system.

'06 Solara
By jashrt

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very enjoyable to drive. I like very much not seeing a lot of Solara on the road. While driving on the freeway at about 70MPH a truck in front of me lost part of its load. I had to make a quick move to the emergency lane and back on the road the car handle great!

Style, 17 inch wheels,double compartment arm rest

Power outlets to hard to get at.

Red 06 Solara
By solara32

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with every conceivable option 96 airbags, VSC, heated seats, etc) available except navigation. The ride is comfortable, and despite the sloping rear visibility is good. The V6 makes the car a little heavier compared with my old 4 cylinder Solara. The headrests for the rear passengers are a nice touch. The leather is soft and comfortable, and the heated seats nicely warm the body slowly. All controls are intuitive and easy to use, even the automatic climate control.

Power driver's seat, automatic headlights, six CD dash changer, and white gauges

Cooling functions for the front seats, and passenger power seat.

I am spoiled!
By Lairg

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned. Love the top down year round in Florida. It looks like money without being out of the average person's price range.

Quick down top, optional shifting with an automatic transmission, large trunk, back seat leg room.

Rear visibility with the top up. Driver memory option on the seat. Otherwise this car is perfect!!!

Love my SLE Convertible
By JLB

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I ordered my SLE convertible in June 2005, and it arrived in October 2005. I wanted the ground effects and the only way I could get it on an SLE was to order it from the factory. The car is great to drive and now that spring is almost here, I'll enjoy it even more. I get lots of compliments whenever I drive it. The exterior design is sexy, but not too over the top. I've wanted a convertible for many years, and I'm glad I waited to buy this one. For the price, quality, and reliability, you can't go wrong buying a Solara.

My favorite features are the satellite navigation system, XM radio, and climate control. I love how easy it is to let the top down. The back seat is full size and two adults can ride on long trips in comfort. Letting the top down does not take away from the trunk space.

I've seen other reviews that mentioned body quiver. It happens on my SLE on rough roads, but it's a minor nuisance. It's hard seeing out the rear with the huge headrests, but once you get used to them, it's no problem. A backup camera would be great. A permanent covertible boot should be added.