Used 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (154 reviews )

394,000 miles and still going strong!!!
By T. Gibson

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have owned our 2009 Camry Hybrid since it was new and it has been the the best vehicle we have ever bought. My husband travels about 60,000 miles a year and gas is a huge expense. Buying a hybrid was the most economical choice for us and after looking at the Prius, he loved the room and options offered on the Camry. It now has 394,101 miles on it and we have yet to replace the batteries or have any major issue with it. We take exceptional care of all of our vehicles, so if it needs to be done, it is done. Other than routine maintenance, we have only had to change the oil every 5000 miles, replace the tires after about 60,000 - 70,000 miles and maintain the brakes and rotors as needed.

No fancy but reliable
By Brian

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hands down this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Other than a water pump around 120k, nothing but oil changes and tires. It even still has original brakes at 185k. Cheap, quiet and comfy. Not fancy or performance, but will laugh all the way to the Bank.

Most reliable car I have ever owned
By Pasquale

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Outstanding pep for a hybrid, even at almost 150K miles. No mechanical failures. Only maintenance has been battery, Brakes, tires, filters and spark plugs (at 120k miles) Still going strong. Comfortable, very reliable, fuel efficient (35 mpg) and over 200hp. Great car at almost 9 years old — doesn’t owe me a dime.

Jewel of a Car!
By lI mO

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love my Camry Hybrid XLE - thought about trading in for a 2016 Hybrid Avalon, but I just love this car, and decided to keep my 2009 for a few more years - it's comfortable, great ride, quiet - still gets 35mpg, everything works great and the leather is in terrific condition. More comfortable than the 2016 Camry - really a jewel of a car!

Nice car
By Waleed almekhlafi

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's an airplane riding the ground. So don't worry ride and enjoy.