2020 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,721
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Best car on the road

Ron1676, 12/03/2019
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Driving A hybrid limited! The car is remarkable! Load with a lot safety features at a great price. Last trip I took was 300 miles and I got 47 MPG! For a large car this is fantastic. The quality of the workmanship is second to none! The ride is very smooth and everything works like you would expect!

Good car, many options. It's not a racer.

Rob, 06/03/2020
Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

This is very good vehicle. It has all the latest features and safety controls of the modern cars today. Seats are comfortable and adjust well, jury is still out on the suede in place of leather for the seats. Yes, the front grill is a little over baring but it does make it distinctive and separates itself from the normal cookie cutter designs today. I have the touring model so I can adjust the ride and steering dynamics. Rids and engine are very good. Transmission is a little indecisive at lower speeds. It would be nice is Toyota updated the software for this. Had an electrical ignition glitch after 6 weeks of delivery. Acted like a bad battery connection. Not sure what it was, but local service department took care of the issue. I would by again.

Lovin it!

Glen, 01/24/2020
Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I went with the 2020 Avalon Touring. Have nothing but great things to say about it. It handles very well, looks great, rides great and has the power that I need. I babied it the first 1000 miles, but am now getting on it and it delivers!!

Ad
Build Your Avalon
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 5 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype shown with options using visual effects.

Give your new Avalon a thorough review

IrishGal, 01/11/2020
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We have been loyal Toyota owners for almost 40 years and have always been a cheerleader of the quality for their products. After buying, and loving, our 2013 Avalon Hybrid we were excited to buy the 2020 version (Hybrid). However, after one day of owning the car I noticed a severe distortion in the rear window. The view through the rear-view mirror was so distracting and distorted that we felt it was a safety issue. The dealership was extremely supportive and helpful but Toyota corporate was not - they acknowledged there was a problem but didn't have a resolution because replacement glass was also distorted. This issue was not isolated to the Avalons, some Camrys also showed the same problem. Thank goodness another Avaon at the dealership had a rear window (a different lot #) that was acceptable. We're now happy but how many other dissatisfied car owners will it take to get Toyota corporate to own up to the issue of a manufacturing defect? We too are missing the Android app as others have mentioned. On the positive side, the ride is phenomenal, engine power is much better, safety features are great, if not a bit overwhelming.

Love it - so far

PML, 06/27/2020
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

First - a note to Ken A., who gave a one star review because he didn't know how to change the windshield wipers. READ THE OWNERS MANUAL! It describes how to change them easily. It is NOT a design flaw. Your parting comment explains a lot about you. I have had my XLE for about a month and am thrilled. I am also 6'6" as another reviewer was, who complained of headroom problems. I could not fit into the Avalons that had a sunroof, which lowers the ceiling height by 2 - 3 inches. I got an XLE without the sunroof and I fit fine. The headroom is no problem. The ride is smooth and I like the V-6 performance (had a 4 cylinder previously). I also like the looks of it, though some others were not keen on the grill. I think it's a lot more sporty than the Chrysler 300 (too boxy). I am a bit puzzled by the smaller gas tank - only 12 (?) gallons. The good gas mileage still lets me drive a long time, but surprised that a large sedan would have a significantly smaller tank than my previous compact car. Still, very very happy so far with this choice. Looking forward to driving this for the next 10 - 15 years!

12345...6