Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

The thrill of owning a 4Runner
By Rob

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Try to use all the tools to make an informed decision starting with CarFax. Drive it, look it over carefully. Try everything on it.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.
By EddieK

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would highly recommend getting a 4runner. When i bought it in August 2015, I just thought it was just another vehicle. But after driving it for 2 years. But now, it's what my wife and I both love. Today is 9/29/2017. She rolled it yesterday 6 times with both of our kids (ages 20 months and 1 month) in it with the car seats for the appropriate ages. The were all 3 transported to a local hospital and released only 4 hours later. These things are made strong as hell. I'd recommend just for the safety alone, but it's good all the way throughout.

Perfect Vehicle!
By Buddy

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Glad to be back in a 4Runner. Great foe beach, camping, and towing. And driving in bad road conditions/overall safe driving. FUN! Never get stuck again with 4WD!!

This lived up to all my expectations and more
By Mike

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my car. I've had it for almost 12 years and 200,000mi.
My 4runner has been a commuter, an off-roader (with my jeep friends) and a mobile home (on a 2 month road trip).
I have only had three things go wrong. A lightbulb in the dash ($3), the passenger window switch ($10 to replace) and a drunk driver in a Cadillac ploughed into me ($17K).
I just bought an additional car, and I honestly couldn't convince myself to buy anything other than a Toyota made in Japan. I researched this truck for over a year before finally landing mine. This generation of 4runner was only produced at two factories (Hino Motors and Tahara). Both of these are on the list of the best automobile factories of the world. This is important. Very important. This is a huge component of the trucks absolutely flawless reliability.
I personally felt the truck needed aesthetic adjustment from the factory configuration. If you hadn't noticed, the nose looks lower than the tail. I think this design performs better in crash tests, but I installed a 3/2 level lift to make it look level and give it some presence. After that I gave it some Nitto TerraGrapplers and headed into the hills. This thing was incredible! I was able to climb icy roads, and I even pulled a few trucks out of ditches. I drove the truck up an icy mound and when I got out to look around, I ended up flat on my back. The truck hand climbed sloped terrain that was too slick for me to even stand on.
The Sport Edition with the tube rails is by far the best looking version of the truck and I love the classy interior.
I have friends that instantly purchased another one after totaling their first, and I will probably do the same should anything happen to mine.

5 Years of Non-stop Enjoyment, but then...
By NA

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2nd owner, had for 5 years. Mileage now at 119k - BRAKES FAILED! Need a whole new ABS modulator unit - close to $4,000! Still in shock! Will fix but will be selling.