2017 Tesla Model X Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Tesla Model X Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model X model:

If only my X can fly
By Bamboo

2017 Tesla Model X 100D 4dr SUV AWD (electric DD)

Like most consumers, I've owned five different cars and wanted to try something different but also environmentally friendly. As with anything new there's a transition period but in all honesty, I will never go back to gas cars! Beside the supercharging and little to no maintenance, my X is just an incredible work of innovative technology matched with style, efficiency, and green consciousness! The only issue is that for back seat riders you do feel the bumps a bit more because there's not a whole lot of cushion/shock absorption but let's just say given the all-around luxury features, my riders got over it quick. Just love my ride and highly recommended!

Little disappointed.
By Mel

2017 Tesla Model X 100D 4dr SUV AWD (electric DD)

Owned car for three more months and it had to be towed to service center, already. Problems with electronics. Love car but have had a couple of issues with it already.

Fantastic
By Dallen Ormond

2017 Tesla Model X P100D 4dr SUV AWD (electric DD)

In the past 12 years I have owned 18 different vehicles. I purchased the model X 100D 2 months ago. It accelerates faster than my Golf R, Nismo 350 Z, or Infinity M class. The car is as luxurious as my MB E63 AMG and rides as well as my Cadillac CTS-V. Recently I had to take it off-road. I live in the mountains and had to pick up a sick child. The roads were unplowed and recommended chains only. I simply raised the suspension and easily drove miles and miles in 2 feet of snow. It handles as well off road as my Toyota Tacoma. Then driving down the canyon I didn’t have to hit my brakes once because of how the vehicle torque charging works. The canyon is a 65 mph 5-6% grade for 20 miles. Finally, because of the torque charging my battery charged on the way down the canyon.

I can’t express how impressive this vehicle is. Elan Musk not only built a competitor he built a game changer.

The best crossover SUV ever
By Tiger Driver

2017 Tesla Model X 75D 4dr SUV AWD (electric DD)

The front end cost can be reduced by state and federal tax credits if you buy fairly soon, depending on the state. You will also save about $10,000 in the first 4 years based on current gas prices. BTW, all currently new 2017 Tesla Model X vehicles and presumably the 2018 models come with fold-down back seats to add to the storage capacity of the vehicle, and the 4,000 lb. hitch is standard. In 2018, if you get a referral from an existing owner of a Model S or X, you can still get lifetime free charging at Tesla stations (2018). Otherwise, there will be a charge at the Tesla charging stations to charge up. Model 3 owners get charged as well. Now have 13,000 miles on the vehicle without any problems.