Used 2015 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

Just finishing up lease term - now I'll buy an X
By EM

2015 Tesla Model S 70D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

Great car - mine has been very reliable and troublefree

2018 Tesla Model 3 or 2015 Model S 85?
By JKB

2015 Tesla Model S 85 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I was recently considering the purchase of a new Tesla Model 3. There were a lot of unknown factors in the Model 3 including cost, wait time, availability of federal tax incentive and inability to test drive the car. Additionally, since there haven't yet been enough resales of Model 3's, leasing is not an option. After looking at a Model 3 in one of the Tesla showrooms, I still plunked down my $1,000 reservation and explored the Tesla website learning about the cars. On the website I found a list of used Teslas including the 2015 Model S 85 that I ultimately purchased. The car is in flawless condition and is trimmed with deep blue paint, deluxe leather seats, sunroof, front console, Tech Package with Autopilot and Audio Package. It also came with what appears to be a new charger cable pack, warranty, unlimited Supercharging and AT&T connectivity. My loaded 2015 Model S 85 was roughly the same price as a new, well trimmed, long range Model 3 (before tax incentive for which I may or may not have been eligible). One downside is that the 2015 does not have the hardware to add autonomous driving capability when it becomes available. The driving experience of the Model S is like no other car I have ever driven and I am extremely pleased with my purchase decision.

One of the best cars I owned
By Dori

2015 Tesla Model S 70D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

Read the manual. Even though the huge screen is very logical, there are certain features that may not be intuitive. For example, when you arrive at a street parking spot and engage auto park, if you drove by the spot too fast, it will not engage.

"Not quite ready for Prime Time"
By Pam Epstein

2015 Tesla Model S 85D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

The GOOD: The car accelerates and handles beautifully!! It is a dream to drive on the highway. Its effortless and the technology is very cool. I love the big screen. THE BAD: The mileage available is about 1/4-1/3 less then what it says when you get into the car. If your driving was strictly local it wouldn't be much of a problem, but for any trip over 200 miles, it is a big problem . The heat and AC is very weak and inefficient. You have to crank the heat to 80 and the fan on at max is blowing lukewarm air at best. The car never gets comfortable temperature wise. The heated seats and steering wheel also are not very strong. For the price of the car, I think the interior is cheap looking. Besides the awesome screen, the leather seats are mediocre and not the most comfortable and the rest of the dashboard is just okay. I wish I loved everything about this car, but its not quite ready for "prime time" in my opinion.

Loaded 85D
By B_av_2086@yahoo.com

2015 Tesla Model S 85D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

After heaving put 52000 miles on the S in a year and a half I can say it is a far superior vehicle to anything the other manufacturers I've expirenced have put out. I've had BMW 3,5,7 z4, and X5 series as well as several Mercedes S and the tens of thousand$$$ in maintenance bills that go along with them and they don't begin to compare. I've cancelled my subscription to several car magazines because Tesla is the only manufacturer that interests me anymore for less then $100k...nothing beats a Ferrari in my mind but don't get me started on Italian maintence. Tesla service has been excellent with me and although there have been a few items that had to be repaired under warranty (glue on window and a loose screw on the armrest) its no where near the list that's gone wrong on several "new" cars. The Bimmers/Mercedes spent so much time in the shop eating money looking nice on the shop floor(because they didn't work) and that's no fun😢 So basically if you can afford one, get a Tesla. If you can't afford one, sell your kidney... I promise you won't be disappointed.