Used 2015 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

One of the best cars I owned
By Dori

2015 Tesla Model S 70D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

Read the manual. Even though the huge screen is very logical, there are certain features that may not be intuitive. For example, when you arrive at a street parking spot and engage auto park, if you drove by the spot too fast, it will not engage.

"Not quite ready for Prime Time"
By Pam Epstein

2015 Tesla Model S 85D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

The GOOD: The car accelerates and handles beautifully!! It is a dream to drive on the highway. Its effortless and the technology is very cool. I love the big screen. THE BAD: The mileage available is about 1/4-1/3 less then what it says when you get into the car. If your driving was strictly local it wouldn't be much of a problem, but for any trip over 200 miles, it is a big problem . The heat and AC is very weak and inefficient. You have to crank the heat to 80 and the fan on at max is blowing lukewarm air at best. The car never gets comfortable temperature wise. The heated seats and steering wheel also are not very strong. For the price of the car, I think the interior is cheap looking. Besides the awesome screen, the leather seats are mediocre and not the most comfortable and the rest of the dashboard is just okay. I wish I loved everything about this car, but its not quite ready for "prime time" in my opinion.

Loaded 85D
By B_av_2086@yahoo.com

2015 Tesla Model S 85D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

After heaving put 52000 miles on the S in a year and a half I can say it is a far superior vehicle to anything the other manufacturers I've expirenced have put out. I've had BMW 3,5,7 z4, and X5 series as well as several Mercedes S and the tens of thousand$$$ in maintenance bills that go along with them and they don't begin to compare. I've cancelled my subscription to several car magazines because Tesla is the only manufacturer that interests me anymore for less then $100k...nothing beats a Ferrari in my mind but don't get me started on Italian maintence. Tesla service has been excellent with me and although there have been a few items that had to be repaired under warranty (glue on window and a loose screw on the armrest) its no where near the list that's gone wrong on several "new" cars. The Bimmers/Mercedes spent so much time in the shop eating money looking nice on the shop floor(because they didn't work) and that's no fun😢 So basically if you can afford one, get a Tesla. If you can't afford one, sell your kidney... I promise you won't be disappointed.

Best cr ever
By Jack Moffat

2015 Tesla Model S 85D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

This is without question the best car I have ever owned and would buy another. Thinking also about buying th Tesla X when I get rid of my Mercedes suv.
Still without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. Posted 5/18 /17

First 18000 miles with a P90D Ludicrous
By PZ

2015 Tesla Model S P85D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

Before this car I had a modded 2008 Mercedes sl55 AMG with 670WHP. I swore I would never sell the sl55 because it felt so special when I drove it. After driving the P90D Ludicrous for a while I went to drive the Mercedes and it felt dated and slow! So I sold the Mercedes. Tesla has amazing performance and is the most practical car I have owned in a long time. Autopilot is a whole new level of luxury. The ride on my car with the sport air suspension and staggered 21 in rims is still quite good. I think this car is an amazing value and I would recommend it to anyone.