Used 2002 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki XL-7

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Love It!
By knbconklin

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this SUV 2 years ago and fell in love from the start. The only problem I've had besides normal wear and tear was the ABS kicking in prematurely when I first bought it. Once the problem was fixed with my warranty the car has been nothing but awesome! The gas mileage is average, but the way the car handles and the fun I have driving it makes up for it. I was sad to find out I'd have to get rid of it, due to child #3 and no room, but I am trading it in for a newer XL-7 with a 3rd row seat. I have driven several SUVs, this has been the best by far! Love it on long trips, which are taken often. Anyone who has numerous problems must have a lemon and should give the XL-7 a second chance.

The handling, looks and price.

Could be a little wider.

Not Worth the Price
By kdilg

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems with my 2002 Suzuki XL-7. The front end has had continous noise and problems, and it literally eats tires every 15,000 miles. The steering wheel has always made noise, and the air conditioner froze and leaked water all over the passenger at 5,000 miles, All the other problems started at 15,000 miles. I would not suggest buying this vehicle. I have had it in the shop 1- 2 times a month. I can't wait to get rid of it, and I will never buy another Suzuki. After ten attempts to fix it, I have been told it is not fixable. Off to lemon law court we go.

I wish I had one...

The gas mileage is horrible. 15 mpg is not good enough for a V6 vehicle, for that I could own a V8.

I've Seen and Driven Better
By einakin

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Over all the xl-7 is not too bad, but the driver's seat area is too narrrow. Also the floor heat is very bad doesn't hardly work even. And that is not a good thing for living in Central New York. Alot of people are complaining about the access of the oil filter. It is a bit of a pain but oce you get the hag of it it isn't as bad.

Everything is pretty standard nothing really stands out on it

Different tires, not as wide and taller. Move the tire off the back end and put it under it some how or maybe a lower trunk area below the back storage area.

Reliable, Economic SUV
By M. P. Melvin

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a very reliable vehicle. However, I would admit this is no luxury SUV but for the price a very good value. Build quality is somewhat questionable. Dealer support is good as is the service that accompanies it.

Leather seating, heated seats, value forprice. Warrany is outstanding. Suzuki stands behind what it sells.

Additional leg room for adults (6'0" andover). Improve fuel economy

OK for the money.
By Fred Fein

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Good SUV for the money. Liked 3rd seat
compared to cost of other SUV's. But
have had problems with seal at
waterpump, dealer fixed twice. Lousy
MPG - no better than 15-16 mpg. And
terrible defroster !! And crummy
tires. Dunlops, just about bald at 20K.

Price & size. Good looks.

Defrost system and better tires.