Used 2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Forenza for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Fun to Drive/ Huge leg room

Deion, 11/09/2004
EX 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It has huge leg rooms in both front and rear seats. It is very comfortable to drive with less noise. It's been a real great car for its price. The problem is this one's strengths are not well publicized in the market yet...

CUTE DONT GET YOU DOWN THE ROAD!!

AmberD, 04/29/2016
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I highly do not reccommend this car to anyone! I bought this car at 73,000 miles, 4 days after purchasing from the dealership, master cylinder went out, I also had to replace to clutch as well. Bought the car for 5,000!! To top the cake, now Ive owned the car for 2 years and already put in $3,200 in repairs and still counting!! Timing belt and water pump twice now, valve cover gasget twice, air intake, throttle body, catalyic converter, timing belt tensioner and pulleys, now right after getting it back from timing belt tensioner busting, it is trying to shut off while I am driving!! Gonna cost me anther arm and leg. May i also add i have gone through 2 sets of tires because the car is mechanically built wrong so it voided out my tires warranty due to how uneven the car was built. Sucks in the snow even with studs put on. The only good thing i can say about this car is the speakers, thats it!! Now the car kbb at $1,700 so now i cant even try to see it for what I paid for is as well as what i have put into it!! Its a lemon car made of three cars, Suzuki, Daweo and Chevy!!! The bolts are most likely Chevy parts!! Stay away from this car, it will do nothing but make your pockets run dry and waste of time and money

Competent, but uninspiring

aposak, 02/13/2012
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For basic transportation and cargo hauling, this car is great! It has been rock-solid reliable at 135k miles. Anything over basic transportation, though, and you should look elsewhere. Although a lot of nice features and afterthoughts are included, Suzuki overlooked many of the basics. The lower dash and doors are soft plastic, which scratch and mar easily. The seats aren't particularly comfortable, though they feature several adjustments. Handling, acceleration, and braking are competent, but feel disconnected. I've averaged 24-26mpg combined throughout the life of the car.

Lasted 260K miles.

JofNoho, 01/07/2010
LX 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I averaged 50K miles a year since I bought this car brand new. No problems until I had to replace the lifters at 110K, not bad. Suzuki recommends timing belt replacement at 60K but I pushed it to 100K and then 200K. It ran great to 260K, it proved to be extremely reliable. There were a few electrical problems, the passenger's air bag light came on pretty early on and the headlight switch shorted out at about 150k. Also, suzuki charges a lot for parts and the two mechanics I took it to knew nothing about these cars. Other than that, it was a surprisingly durable car that got me back and forth from work for almost 5 years.

I love this car

Heather, 04/14/2008
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I bought it new in 2005, I saw it on the delivery truck and told the salesman that was the one I wanted. Most people say that was a gamble but I know how great Suzuki's are. I also had a Suzuki Swift that has over 200,000 miles on it and has only had to have oil changes brake pads and such. I tell everyone buy Suzuki.

Dependable

spainishkat, 04/26/2012
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for our son who was going to college in 2008. We have never had any problems. It is not a sports car or a chick magnet. If you want a dependable gas saving car this is it.

Paid off, now it's history!

cubbie1, 06/06/2010
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First week of purchase I hated it! Took it back and they sold my trade in. I have cursed since I bought it, never another Suzuki again! The rims bend like pasta when I hit any pothole, and headlights go through bulbs like crazy. The CD player has been replaced 2x's and the suspension squeaks! Here's an idea: Suzuki stay with the bikes cause the cars are crap! I traded in a Honda and that's my next purchase. If you're looking at a Suzuki, don't walk away from it, RUN!

I love my 2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon EX

FGS, 07/25/2010
EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter to drive to college in Tampa while living in Tampa. She put 150 miles of highway driving every day for four years. She graduated and gave it back to me after graduation with 102K miles. There were a couple of highway accidents, two recalls and all the required maintenance checks, but overall this car is outstanding for the price I paid. If it had Bluetooth technology, it would walk on water. I am convinced that this car could not do better for its price tag. Yes, there's that Air Bag light issue, but hey, nobody's perfect. I rate it five stars. Too bad they discontinued making it. It was a great little station wagon with all the comforts of a luxury sedan.

Turning Out Very Nicely

Rev320, 04/14/2005
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I nead headroom, so my choice of cars is limited. The Forenza wagon fits me just right. Loads of features for not a lot of cash. Nice styling. Great interior. Decent handling. Great stereo. Very practical. Dealer is super helpful. I'm really picky and found a couple of small problems that were fixed easily. It's made from very proven parts from the world wide parts bin, so it should hold up well. Some people complain that the engine sounds like a 4 cylinder and that the car doesn't handle like a Porsche. The same folks would complain if they bought a cheeseburger and it didn't taste like a t-bone steak. This car is a very tasty cheeseburger indeed.

Suzuki...if only!

kungfuking, 04/21/2014
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is made by 3 (that's right 3) different motor companies. This vehicle is part Suzuki, part Daewoo and part Cheverolet....all LEMON. Don't believe me look under the hood you will see American and Asian parts put together attempting to work in harmony with each other. If you need a cheap car don't look here the maintenance is just too much.

Dont do it

guyandron, 06/15/2011
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Forenza brand new. I've bent numerous rims on it (7), It's been through 2 transmissions only one of which was covered under the warranty, it's gone through 4 sets of tires and I'm happy to say I just traded it with 126,000 miles on a Ford Taurus. The gas mileage was horrible even thougg I did mostly highway driving. The car left me stranded on three seperate ocassions and I've had numerous electrical problems. Also went through 8 headlights. If you're looking for a car in this catagory, stick with the old timers like Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. You may pay a little more up front but your cost of ownership will be significantly lower. I will never buy another.

It's a decent car, but....

bigjazzfan, 07/20/2012
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Suzuki Forenza with 116,000 miles. For what I need (a commuter car) it ran great. I realized it leaked quite a bit of oil, and the antifreeze was disappearing, and the airbag light was on of course. When speaking to a dealer he said he'd never seen a 2005 Forenza NOT leak a considerable amount of oil. I had it for a few months, as long as I kept my eyes on the fluid levels, it was ok. I eventually traded for a different car. If you're looking for a car to rack up miles on, this is it. If you're looking for comfort or long-term reliability, look elsewhere.

Good commuter for young drivers.

alessing, 07/22/2012
LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for a few years and never really had problems with it. Like others the airbag light came on but that was its ONLY problem. I wont complain about power because if I wanted power I could've bought something else. It was perfect for what I needed, something inexpensive, mildly efficient, reliable, and simple. This was perfect.

Forenza - Another Citrus Fruit

J, 10/26/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 6,000 miles, my 2005 Suzuki Forenza needed a new oil pump. At 9,000 miles, it needed a new transmission. No wonder Suzuki touts the best warranty coverage in America. If you buy one.........you're going to need it!

I Love My Suzuki

Stacie, 05/22/2005
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Suzuki Forenza! The only issue I have is that I can't find the fun accessories for it...if anyone knows where I can get Euro tail lights (majority silver with little red- opposite of maufacture) Please let me know! Anyway...the Forenza is a perfect size that easily fits 5 people. I am glad I went with it and not a high name brand because the funny thing is...I've only seen two other Forenza's around where I live and I live in a major tourist destination!

Worst Car Experience

adam, 02/29/2008
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has many electrical, and powertrain problems that may not be detected until after the standard and powertrain warranty. There are so many complaints floating around that raises questions about Suzuki Auto's quality control. Not every vehicle is free of problems, but this is ridiculous. My advice, avoid the Forenza at all costs. The 2005 Forenza Wagon and other problematic models should be put out of their misery. Save your money, do your research, and invest in a more reliable auto. Don't even get me started on trying to get repairs done on this. This by far is the worst car experience I've ever had. :(

treat it right

campercasado, 11/12/2011
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

if you treat it right it will treat you right. that means regular maintenance. i have had it for awhile and it works great. big enough for my family.

trying to hard

sparkey424, 10/26/2011
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

although this is one of my favorite cars i have had, it has a lot of problems. it's estimated mpg is [non-permissible content removed]. i have never seen better than 25 mpg. it looks pretty ugly, paint is terrible and is chipping away. has no power what so ever. if i have my ac on and try to go i have to burn the clutch to hell. recently somebody tried to break into my car and messed the locking system up and the dealership wants to charge 1200 dollars for it. break light never goes off. dealer wants 2300 for that. and my airbag light is on, which again is 1200 dollars to fix. although i have no problems with the rims. take it off roading where i'm not supposed to be and can take the abuse.

The Good And The Bad

Robert, 08/11/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I am satisied with the vehicle. It has a rigid body, well constructed and free of rattles or excessive road noise. The engine is strong, transmission shifting smooth, it should be better on gas though. It responds well to throttle and has good braking. The S mode provides many good standard options included in base price. By far the biggest mistake is in not providing cruise control as part of the standard options. The dealer is unable to install a cruise control as Suzuki does not offer one as a dealer option. No other cruise control is offered by any other vendors. Now I am stuck with no hopes of ever getting a cruise control installed.

Mixed Breed

paul wernich, 11/29/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had researched this car and found it interesting that it was sold by a Japanese company, built in Korea, designed by the Italians, and the parent company (GM) was American. In any case the car is solid, attractive, affordable, and loaded with features. I have the 5-speed manual and it drives and handles quite well. After nearly eight months I've only had a few problems. The brakes had to be adjusted because the car was shaking when I went to stop, the passenger air-bag sensor was bad and the entire seat had to be replaced, the driver side seat fabric came loose at the bottom, and the steering wheel makes noise when I turn. Overall, I am very pleased with my Forenza.

Don't waste your money

crissy03, 03/05/2011
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I too own a Suzuki Forenza 05 and as soon as it reached the 58,000 mile mark it began in a down spiral. Not to mention that the Suzuki dealer in my area couldn’t even fix the problems which is pretty sad. It all began when the lock on my driver’s side became unscrewed you could literally hear the lock rattling around in my car door of course I had to promptly get this issue fixed. Then I began having problems with my car not starting properly. I would try and start my car and it would immediately die, after a couple of rounds of this it would eventually start up the engine would sputter than it would began to drive smooth. The day this began I took the car into the dealer (by the way my che

nice and new

rafael, 06/12/2005
LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

really nice vehicle for the money great service only paid $12000 after rebates

Adaptive Transmission Malfunction

Mr. Martin, 06/28/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Avoid this car at all costs. The bugs in the adaptive transmission software isn't worked out. This results in hard shifting and the car looking for the right gear. This car is a safety hazard waitng to happen.The dealer has trouble getting parts!

Great car for the price I paid

Rubens, 03/26/2007
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car one year ago. My car is 5 speed and I don't have any problem at all. For the price I paid the car has a lot of features. In the city it makes 24 MPG and on the freeway it makes 30 MPG.

Warranty not good enough

Allen Holloway, 06/09/2007
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in '05 and didn't have any trouble the first year. In the last 12 months, I've replaced the exhaust system due to catalytic converter failure and the entire a/c system which isn't covered under the 100,000 mile warranty and cost me $2,000.00. I don't get the gas mileage that is advertised either. The ride is okay. A lot of extras come standard on this car such as power windows, cd player and tilt wheel. Overall I'm satisfied with the car, I would like to see the 100,000 mile warranty cover everything.

Never Again

Very Unhappy, 04/30/2009
EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a problem from the first month of purchase. First it would jut die while driving, then it idled all over the place, transmission (automatic) is rough and jumps a bit coming out of 2nd gear. And now the engine began making alot of noise so I took it in and the repairs are not being covered by that oh so wonderful warranty. I have been told three different causes for this trouble from the samw dealership mechanic. I don't believe they know what they are doing there. I will never own another suzuki again! Poor quality and poor customer service!

Great Hauler

Drumdonald, 08/09/2008
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this wagon when my pick up died (of course in front of the dealership). I looked really smart because the price of gas went through the roof right after I bought it. The only problems I have had was first it eats tires which I remedied by going to a 60 series tire instead of the 55 that it comes with. The other problem was when a critter ate the wire harness. The dealer fixed and was able to get most of the cost covered under warranty. I get over 30 mpg and drive the care everyday to work and to drumming jobs. The car holds so much that we take on our vacations even though my wifes car is bigger. It is great car but too bad Suzuki has discontinued it for 09.

Long Travels!

Steven, 10/10/2008
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would have to say that this little car has very good fuel economy (28/31mpg). I bought the car new and have really put it through its paces. I have taken it from southern Kentucky down to Miami at about 1100 miles, three times. Most of the miles put on this car are highway. A/C went out after about 36000 miles with the warranty running out at 35000. The seat cloth pulls away and doesn't matter if you put it back on track or not. Its a five speed so that may be why I am gettting better gas mileage than most of the reviews. I had to take it in for some recalls with the water pump and my dim lights went out because of the wirring harness. Overall not impressed but it's still running.

Hit or Miss

Tigran, 11/14/2008
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Problems are minor so far. Bought it almost brand new with 4k miles on. AC needs repair every summer, but was covered by warranty so were some recalls. Fuel economy is fair but should be a lot better. Lacks power but overall good value for the money.

Would I buy a Forenza again?

GW Morten, 05/15/2009
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As I take the Forenza to the shop AGAIN, I ask myself if I would buy this one again. No. Not likely. This car has cost us more in the time we have owned it (purchased new) than any other we own or have owned. MPG says 21-22. Have RARELY gotten 20 (more often 16-18). DON'T try to drive in slippery conditions (rain or ice), because you will likely need to be pushed out of the way. I have had equivalent Toyotas in the past, and NEVER had a question about use in winter. Not so, the Forenza. Also, tires are NON-STD size ($$), 7yr/100k warranty is severely limited. It drives ok, but would I get another Suzuki product based on our experience? Sadly, and very disappointedly, No.

2005 Forenza is a lemon

Brian H, 05/20/2009
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the 3 years since I have bought this car I have had the front headlights fail, the battery die, the tread come off the two front tires, the oxygen sensor replaced and now I'm dealing with a blown head gasket which blasted a hole in the cylinder head compromising the coolant system. By far the worst car I have ever owned.

It's a Chevy ...

macnone, 11/25/2009
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was driving it for some time ... so far I have to be in the dealership once every 4 months ... something is wrong and needs fixin. I'm used to Nissan QUALITY!!! Now I understand why this thing is so cheap! I'm disregarding the airbag light all together - after a dealership it's off for about a month ... then on again. Do I have to pay $300 each quoter or do I ignore it ... transmission is another common problem ... If you want to see a lot of lights on the dashboard all the time - this car is for you, if not - choose a different manufacturer.

Suzuki Forenza 2005

sascydharan vasudeva, 12/11/2009
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Noisy engine. Needs more power specially in hill area. Fuel economy is not so good. Interior is good and more spacious. Power steering is good. Heated side mirror is an advantage.

Served us well

firstimebuyer, 01/29/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Forenza new and have been driving it for 5 years. Its not as comfortable as our older bigger car but we expected that. Its always been reliable, no issues. Never noticed a problem with the power and I spend a lot of time on freeways. Dealerships keep selling out and we end up making a day trip to get checkups, warranty stinks - charge an arm and a leg just for normal stuff thank God nothings gone wrong.

Dont Buy

Misty, 02/11/2010
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In this case my car is a lemon. A few months after i purchased the power steering rack went out covered under a warranty. Dec 09' Bolt in idler pulley snapped which caused my timing belt to shred which caused 12 valves to bend. Need a new motor $3,000.00 later. Valve cover leaks a little bit of oil. Other than that the car is great. But needless to say once i pay it off im not going straight to a suzuki dealership.

So far So good

Forenza005, 07/20/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Suzuki Forenza and the dealership failed to give me a car fax and tell me it had been in a tiny wreck prior to purchasing it. I have spent money on it for 60K tune up, cost me 2K, at least that and the tire rims well they bend easily and cost 150 bucks each and can only be purchased at the dealership. But it's paid for and NO I will not buy another one. I want a Ford or a Honda next time. My car makes odd sounds and groans like I do when I have to go to work. But at 116K miles and going and the gas mileage is excellent 35+ on the highway, I will not give her up unless my little silver money drainer dies first.

2004 Suzuki Forenza

Rick2004, 01/12/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My 2004 Suzuki Forenza is a great car. Make sure you buy it from a repudable Suzuki dealer though because the dealer I purchased my Suzuki at later decided to stop selling them and now I have to drive half an hour away to the next closest Suzuki dealer for maintence. So far after 6 months and nearly 8,000 miles this car is running great. I have had a few problems, but overall the car handles great and is fun to drive. The car guzzles gas, but thats because I drive it almost a hundred miles a day. I highly recomend this car. It can be a little noisy but overall it is a great machine.

2004 Suzuki Forenza

Roberet F. Breton, 02/11/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the overall performance and quality of the vehicle. I have owned or driven several Nissan Altimas and this car performs as well. A great car for the money. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone.

Not too bad a car

dennis, 03/30/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I have owned my car for one month right now and I have to say that I am rather happy. Did have one minor glitch my clock did not work-service said fuse blew out- just did not know how that could have happned. Anyways, rides fine, has good pickup when giving it the gas, sound system is great, didn't really find the leg room space as others have found. I had an orginal 1986 Pontaic Grand Am which I found to just as have as much leg space as this car but the backseat is more comfortable to sit in as my friends report.

Lots of engine noise, very low power

Bill Pearson, 04/11/2005
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Severly lacking in power. Lousy gas milage for a car of this size. My 2001 Lincoln Town Car gets as good or better gas milage in town & on the hwy. This car is somewhat unstable on the road. It gets blown around by trucks. Seems to veer a little for no apparent reason. Pulls to right on initial acceleration. No longer own this pigeon.

Gas a Holic

Steve, 04/13/2005
LX 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased a Forenza LX Wagon , auto trans and all the bells and whistles. While I did realize the vehicle was no penny pincher in the fuel economy arena, I am disappointed in the fact I am averaging only 13 to 14 MPG in City driving. Automakers need to meet actual fuel economy estimates and not be allowed to sell vehicles that do not meet the advertised specifications. Hoping MPG will increase, and I won't be disappointed in my first foreign auto.

You won't pass any gas stations

Steve, 05/12/2005
LX 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased 2005 Forenza LX wagon with 4 speed AT & 4 wheel abs. Like the style size and features with the vehicle. Like the small engine , I have a new driver in the crew and figured the meek acceleration would be a plus. The car is embarrassing for a 2005 model year vehicle , gas mileage in the city is 13.5 to 14.5 mpg. If you live in a rural area may be an excellent purchase for those of us in city driving the gas mileage makes this vehicle a mistake to buy. First foreign car purchase and it looks to be very disappointing.

rubyluv40, 05/14/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

very good car all the way around fun to drive nice ride good inside and out side look to the car could be better gas miles to it

New Car

lbgirl, 05/18/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently traded in my honda civic. I love my suzuki.

Decent car/ great price.

Gabe, 05/29/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because it was so cheap. i received a killer warranty and great service from the dealer. I financed the car for 60 months, but as long as i owe money on it it is covered because they gave me a 7 year/100000 mile bumper to bumper. who could beat that. it gets good mileage and is a fairly decent looking car. They beat everyone elses price by thousands and gave me a car easily as nice.

forenza wagon review

keith griffis, 05/30/2005
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

best buy wuth looks and mileage

Bang for your Buck

Chris, 06/14/2005
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great price on a well built sedan. We were reluctant at first even consider a Suzuki, but after taking it on a long road trip, we were pleasantly suprised about how well it handled, gas mileage, and it's smooth ride. The only drawback is the lack of cruise control. By far, you get a lot of car for your money. Very satisified with this purchase.

Great looking car for the money

chad , 06/15/2005
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Nice comfortable ride, okay acceleration, great exterior and interior styling, can't beat the 17,500 msrp for all the options you get.

Wonderful Little Wagon

kc5yti, 07/09/2005
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our third Suzuki. I have grown to love them since I bought the 2002 XL-7 that I still have now. Now we have replaced our 2002 Vitara with the Forenza Wagon. My wife drives it most of the time, and loves it. It has been on several long trips and fuel economy averages 26mpg. 22-26 city and 29-34 on the highway. The styling is great. The seats are confortable, and the back seat has plenty of room for our 3 kids. It nearly has the same amount of cargo space as my XL-7, but with better fuel econ. BTW, lookunder the cargo platform in the back, and you will find a spare and more storage space. Amazing. Bravo Suzuki

Forenza- the first year

4986er, 07/09/2005
S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Forenza on June 20, 2004, and I have absolutely loved every minute of owning it. I have noticed some minor things that could use improvements, including the air conditioning, the brakes, and my stereo, which seems to have a delay when I play CD's. The fuel definitely has taken a chunk out of my pocket change,because the gas milage isnt that good.

51050