Skip to main content

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...31

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

The safe one with a good ride

BocaRich, 01/10/2020
updated 07/14/2021
2020 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great ride, lots of room, bigger than the older Outbacks...love all the toys...Power adequate. CVT transmission, shifts like a normal one. Tires: Yokohama AVID-GT are quiet, but a B rating for traction is curious. Automatic start stop was annoying, found www.autostopeliminator.com/subaru and installed (easy) device which when you turn the auto start stop off ...stays off until you want it back on. SAFEST car you can buy....My ultimate has everything you would ever want in a car. Much better than my old BMW and Mercedes... Now have 5700 miles ....mileage in city experience: 21 mpg... could be better but it is 4 wheel drive....

5 out of 5 stars

Comfortable, great style, and good mpg!

New to Subaru, 12/21/2019
2020 Subaru Outback 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was my first Subaru and I've fallen in love with it. The ride quality is smooth, but without sacrificing a sense of the road and terrain, and the Outback's seats are supportive enough to make long drives pleasant. Having the large cargo space of the Outback along with being able to get over 30 mpg is a huge plus, as well. Some general notes/comments: -after about 3k miles so far, my overall average gas mileage has been 28 mpg, which includes both a lot of stop/start commuting and 2+ hour trips on the freeway -there are quite a few neat 'perks' that my previous cars haven't had, like the reclining rear seats, adjustable headrest angle in the front seats, roof rail crossbars that fold up, and high beam lights that dim automatically when other cars are close enough in front of you -the lane-centering feature seems to have two operational forms: 1) a clear-cut feature that does what it sounds like, where it just nudges you back to the center if it senses you're drifting out of the lane, and 2) a micro-managing nutcase that can be very aggressive in forcing the steering to follow the car in front of you, even if they're weaving around in the lane--thankfully, this second type of the lane centering is only activated when cruise control is on, and even then can be easily shut off by a button on the steering wheel -the base model is the only trim that has two 7" screens instead of a single large screen; although it looks a little odd, admittedly, its controls are fairly straightforward and essentially identical to the large screen version--but yes, that sadly does mean that the climate controls use the same smaller buttons and can be somewhat difficult to use -all Outbacks come with Android Auto and Apple Carplay, but Subaru's own Starlink infotainment OS is rather good for bluetooth operations; along with handling voice calls and music/audiobooks, Starlink will also show text messages on screen when the car is in park or read them aloud when the vehicle is in motion

Strongly exceeding expectations

Tom, 12/31/2019
2020 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Quiet and smooth ride, good handling, great tech and audio, off-road capabilities and standard safety features made it an easy choice for us. In the end we were choosing between the new Outback, Mazda CX5 and Audi Q5 - we liked Outback much better. I was initially worried about the lack of hp in the standard engine but turns out it's very capable and comes with a better gas mileage.

4 out of 5 stars

Amazing vehicle with a minor drawback.

Jay Kim , 01/11/2020
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx Edition XT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am coming from a 2016 WRX STi Limited to 2020 Outback Onyx XT Metallic Silver model. I am a 29 year old male, who is married, and have been looking for a Crossover/SUV vehicle that came with AWD and Turbo. 2020 Outback Onyx XT came to my mind. This vehicle is amazing. Compared to the STI, I am absolutely okay with the CVT transmission. No more feelings of gear shift change. Also I feel like I am cruising in the clouds; it is very quiet and I don’t feel bumps at all. Pros: Quiet and comfortable. Low turn radius. Comfortable steering wheels and doesn’t feel “light” when steering. Most of the standard features that come with the car (with exceptions). Cons: MAJOR FLAW: Auto Start/Stop function. This is the most deal breaker function that will turn away most of the young potential buyers. I hate the fact that I have shut the function off every time I start the car. Subaru needs to update it so that the off function is permanent until the driver wishes not. Gas mileage: I DO NOT get 26mpg average. I average about 23 mpg and I have been driving regularly not like the STi. The touch function on the screen is so slow and lags. The functionality is not smoother AT ALL. I wish they had it like Apple or Tesla where you get instant response from touch. This is my pet peeve, but how is Subaru going to put every thing LED and not the turn signal lights? I love the day time running LED lights, LED headlights, LED fog lights and then forget the turn signals? That drives me insane. But I love this car so much I am willing to give 4/5. I love love the design and it doesn’t look like a soccer mom or granny car. It looks very sporty. I can live with shutting off the auto start/stop function every time I start the car but it can get quite annoying time to time.

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

6th Generation Outbacks are the best!

Keith W., 12/16/2019
updated 06/24/2021
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The 2020 Outback is our family's 4th new Subaru since 2014. My first Subaru was a 2016 3.6R pretty fully loaded. I traded it in at 52000 miles for a brand new Touring XT. It has so many advantages over the old model- it's quiet, it does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds, it handles nicely, has all of the modern safety features, and is a heck of a bargain for less than $40k fully loaded. It's not perfect, though. There is some turbo lag. But once it kicks in, the car performs very well. The car also has auto stop/start turned on by default, and you have to turn if off every time you start the engine if you don't want it on. The center console has very little space compared to the 2016, and that's shrunken even more by Subaru moving the CD player into the console. I can see why the infotainment screen causes a lot of controversy, but I have not had some of the issues reported by others and by the automotive press. You owe it to yourself to go drive one before buying one of the competitive offerings by another manufacturer. Now after 18,000 miles we still love the vehicle.

12345...31