Used 2015 Subaru Outback SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Great Car, Great Value

riverdriver, 02/12/2015
2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We traded our 2014 Outback for a 2015 and it is a completely different car. This car is much closer to the Volvo we traded for the 2014 at a fraction of the cost. Things we like: - It handles and tracks great - No jackrabbit starts like the throttle on the 2014 - No harsh suspension feedback like on the Volvo - Quieter ride - Big improvement in the GPS/infotainment system. Improved ergonomics of controls. - Great fuel efficiency for this sized vehicle - Better than my 4WD truck in snow and slippery conditions. - We continue to find features we didn't realize it had.

Different Point of View

molder, 12/21/2014
2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have always been a GM person. A couple years back I went to work for a supplier to Subaru. It was time to buy a new car and after being involved as a supplier I found just how quality minded Subaru is. Its my job to over see the plastic molding for the doors and dashboards for the 2015 Outback and Legacy. We scrap any molding that has the smallest imprafection. We make 925 car units a day and after multi inspections they are ready to head for the assembly line at the Subaru plant in Lafayette, Indiana. In October I took delivery of a 2015 Outback and its just a very nice car to drive. I have a 16 ft travel trailer weighting 2400 lbs and this car pulls it very well.

Love this Subaru

Janice L Ricci, 04/11/2015
3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl CVT)

This is our 1st Subaru. Purchased the 3.6, 6 cylinder Outback with Eyesight and Navigation in October 2015. Commute over 100 miles every day between NH and MA. This vehicle performs well in all driving conditions. We have never been stuck in the snow and we had a horrendous winter. It has plenty of power, seats are comfortable, heat and defrost work well. The navigation is very easy to use and the adaptive cruise control is amazing. We use the Mobil 1 synthetic oil and have not had any issues with mechanics or electronics. The computer voice even tells you that the vehicle ahead has moved- if you've stopped and not paying attention. The lane departure warning is a great feature.

2014 Subaru Outback Limited vs 2015

jsaine, 07/01/2015
2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a 2014 red with black Outback. Really wanted white with black but that combination wasn't available for 2014. Naturally, the 2015 came out with white/black after we had made our purchase. So, in order to get our preferred color, get the new features not available in 2014, and to get back to a zero mileage car, we traded in the 14 on a new 15. While the 14 Limited was/is a great car, the 15 is even better. For prospective buyers, my real time mpg in the 14 was around 28 mpg in mixed driving. 60mph road trips got mpg as high as 33. As the miles increased on the car (traded in with 23000 miles), mpg seemed to improve. No problems mechanically at all. Update: January, 2020. We are still pleased overall with the 2015 Outback. It now has 85,000 miles on it. But we have had issues with the transmission. The CVT is now getting confused. It doesn't seem to be able to down shift to the right gear after coming to a stop and starting up again or when beginning to initiate a highway pass. The lack of power response, which has lasted up to about 3 seconds, can turn a safe passing maneuver into a scary one. We had it serviced, which we were charged for even though there is a Subaru service bulletin on the CVT, and it still has the same symptoms. The combination of poor dealer support and the CVT problem will cause me to buy some other brand of car in the future.

Truly a great car

cohmar, 01/18/2015
2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2015 Outback is light years better than the previous generation. I've had mine for 4 months now it it is an incredible car. Great handling, good enough power, excellent on back roads and highways alike. Handles rough roads incredibly well and very quiet at high speeds on the highway. I have not encountered the wind noise that people complain about over 70 mph. This car has a normal amount of wind noise over 70 which seems to come mostly from the roof rail. And for those who live in snowy climates this car deals with snow and ice like no other. I live on a dirt road on a high hill and never worry about getting out to work or home from work in even the most horrid winter conditions.

12345...40