Skip to main content

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...52

Pros
Cons
3.5 out of 5 stars

Wait for the 2011

CarProGA, 06/26/2009
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has terrible squeaks and rattles. It drives well but feels underpowered in the mountains of Georgia. I would wait and see if they work out some issues for 2011. Fit and finish and power anemic as well as strange feeling seats after about an hour in the car.

First and last Subaru

Matt Wilkinson, 07/20/2017
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After years of hearing nothing but amazing things about Outback's, I bought a 2010 2.5i Premium for my wife when we moved out into the country and traded in our 2012 accord EX-L. The Subie was comfortable, great looking and offered fantastic traction. Bought it used with 80k miles on it(everything I read said this was not even broken in). In the 4 months we owned it, the brake calipers literally fell apart, the engine mounts went bad, the torque converter failed twice, and the engine started drinking anti-freeze. in 4 months I spent over $3,000 keeping the car on the road. When leaving to go to dinner last night, the car lurched when coming to stop and with a loud CLANG stalled out entirely. This was very similar to what it would do when the torque converter failed(twice). Limped it to the dealer, they told me I needed to replace the CVT(transmission). Went straight from the Subaru dealer to the Honda dealer and traded it in for a 2012 CR-V EX-L. Feels great to be back in a Honda. Too bad. I was really looking forward to the Outback. Disappointed.

3 out of 5 stars
2.5 out of 5 stars

Very Disappointed

sarah19goddess, 11/17/2012
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car new off the lot and I have owned it for 1.5 years. From the very start I've had nothing but problems. Here's a list of issues: The GPS hard drive unit crapped out, entire unit replaced. Sun roof leaked twice in the first rains. Had to have new seals put in and buy a car cover. Sound system has been horrible from the start. At low volume the sound goes in and out in waves. Plastic seat casing along driver side seat kept popping off the track and then cracked. Passenger seat motor died, replaced. Check engine light keeps reappearing for gas cap (erroneously). Electronic e-break system keeps getting stuck engaged causing excessive wear. There's more but I'm out of characters.

2 out of 5 stars

Never again update never never

Ray, 07/24/2016
updated 07/26/2018
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I like to keep cars as long as I can, We bought this car new thinking it would last us 10 to 15 yrs, Now I'm not so sure it will, we are about 6 yrs in and have put way to much into it to get it here. the first problem we had at about 15000 miles was the brakes, the rear pads fell out wrecking the caliper, at less than 20000, the tires were shot, uneven wear, we are now at about 92000, and on our 4th set always uneven wear, we have to have it alinged twice a year because it won't stay alinged. Have had that done by a few different shops and found one that can do it really well and seems to last the longest. Other problems the ac sucks, dealer looked at says it's ok, still sucks, poor line of sight, the rear view mirior is in the wrong place, and the roof towers block a lot, also the shocks in the rear had to be replace at 15000, now they all need replacing again, all the wheel bearings have been done, front ball joints, brake pads at least on the third or 4th set, and the list keeps going, all the brake disc, Now for the second time it had to be towed to the dealer because the ignition switch is stuck, can't wait to get that bill, and to top it off it's about time to do the belts. We are not rich and this car has been hard for us, new this car was to much money. I hope this helps other people when buying a car. Update, so still have th car because I like no car payment. But we keep having to do a lot of work to it, hard to keep tires the alignment goes out a lot and runes the tires, lost count of breaks we have done, rusting out now hope to get a couple more years before I bring to the salvage yard, had to replace all the ball joints and a arms where shot. Just an all around pice of junk. But a thousand here and there still works out better than a car payment. 110000 miles or so now.

4 out of 5 stars

The best and the worst of my first Subaru

AJG, 12/19/2016
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

With a redesign in 2010 & the promise of more room and a CV Transmission coupled with arguably the best AWD system on the road today, I was excited to take the plunge into the Subaru world. Seemingly endless research, advice from coworkers and friends and a dealer that was rated high by it's users, suggested a potential slam dunk purchase was in store. Well....maybe not so much. Both dealer and 3rd party vehicle service contract holder did their best to avoid any assistance in dealing with the dreaded Subaru head gasket failure brought on by weak dealer maintenance before the sale, shortly after I got the car home. I wouldn't get to drive my new Outback again for another month while the engine was essentially rebuilt. This is about the only thing that keeps Subaru from a perfect rating from me. Their failure to address what has come to be known as their Achilles heel. A full year later, I can't believe how great this car is. The savvy consumer will see beyond the brand name and realize what they are getting for their money. My Outback feels as solid as it did 6 years ago rolling off the lot. It's 2.5i premium package includes the heated power seats, generous interior space, amazing ride and fairly zippy 170 HP Boxer engine. Passing is done easily and winter drives feel more confident riding on an AWD system that won't back down. If you live in a cold weather climate like I do and the 'all weather package' is an option, take it. Heated wipers and side mirrors may not sound like much, until you get hit with snow and ice and spend the extra time clearing those areas for driving. Throw in remote start, insane fuel economy (22/29 CTY/HWY) when using the 2.5i 170 HP CVT automatic transmission, and features like steering wheel radio controls, I've had to stop and ask myself why I hadn't consider Subaru years ago. I no longer fear my snow/ice covered steep driveway in the winter time. I tackle it as slow as I can (Even stop half way up) to see if I can make it slip. So far I have been unsuccessful in doing so. It's worth mentioning another issue Subaru has which is the oil burning issue. From what I can tell, this isn't a problem on the 2010-2011 2.5i 4 cylinder models, however Subaru would do good to get this and the head gasket issue on the front burners asap if it hopes to stand with the likes of Toyota and Honda. My daily commute is now an enjoyable, comfortable ride. There is no rust and the car looks, handles and rides as good as it did from day one. This is the kind of car you hang on to.

12345...52