Used 2000 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Subaru Quality

Rosalie Curtis, 08/03/2002
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD

It is a good safe car. I survived a major accident with very little injuries considering the impact.

2000 Outback Wagon Limited

Spikef, 10/21/2002
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD

Great all around car. Practical as heck. Needs more power desperatly, a turbo would do nicely. Surprisingly luxurious.

Sub 2000

luck11, 07/25/2003
4dr Wagon AWD

Its fun to drive and I find the engine performance adequate for my needs, even though some suggest it is weak. I have had min probs with this vehicle and will be trading up to the new 2005s when they are available. AWD is amazing and its incredible how you take it for granted. I had to haul a large load and used my dad's 1991 Ford f-150 4x4. It snowed. What a difference! To have to conciously engage and disengage when hitting dry pavement. What a pain!!! With my Sub, when I accel from a traff light in snow, the wheels simply do not spin. I'm always 1st car off the mark.

Solid ride

MOutback, 01/29/2004
4dr Wagon AWD

This car is solid, but needs more power and refinement. The ride is smooth, handling is balanced, interior is comfortable, traction is superb, and ergonomics are decent. Of course, the key selling point was the AWD and Subaru dependability, which have proven their worth. Plus, it's good looking. After 38K miles, the only problem I've had was a bad AC compressor, which was covered by the warranty. But I'm glad I don't have the McIntosh stereo (what a loser). I'd gladly buy another, especially the 2005 model, which promises to be an excellent improvement.

Never Another Subaru

Tom, 11/03/2006
4dr Wagon AWD

This car has been a money pit. Head gasket blew at 58k, fortunately covered under warranty, but now at 125K am told that it needs another head gasket ($1700). According to many internet sites this has been a problem but one Subaru refuses to acknowledge. Both front wheel bearings went out to a tune of $550 each. When brakes needed to be replaced, everything had to be replaced $850. Check engine light comes on on a regular basis the same sensor has been replaced 3 times, $550. The last time check engine light came, technician said code indicated possible bad catalytic converter, $1600 to replace if needed.

12345...11