Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Bought for son
By Cregg Kembel

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My son is six foot seven 255 lbs. And he said it was very comfortable for him to drive. I liked the safety record and good gas mileage, along with the reliability of a subaru.

Don’t do it!
By BethP

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Turns out 2008 was a bad year for this make and model.

zero stars.
By BEN

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car with high hopes. WHAT A LET DOWN!!!! Thought Japanese car, built with strong parts through out. Researched crazy amounts online about Subarus and their reliability. I am in my car more than average through out the day searched for a car alright in the snow. Living in NC weird weather during winter. Thought grabbing a Subaru should help on the roads. Car can not stop going down a 5 foot slope with 2 inches on the ground. currently almost 160K non stop repairs. I can not save enough money to live and keep repairing this car. Brought car to shops, as well, as repairing myself saving money. Walking into dealership their are no parts stocked for this vehicle. Always ordering parts and waiting days. I loved this car til about $8k in repairs in >80k miles and no downhill driving in snow going slow. Car handles great going fast or normal in snow I can drift easy with control then going downhill there is no stopping 5mph. In the rain car drives smooth. Going 70 on interstate feels 40 with loads of power to give. Smooth ride, smiling faces in dealership, great advice only product not backing customer service though. The amount of money in this car now I can not stop throwing more money in til fixed. What a waste of money.

100,000 and still going
By Megan

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car which I purchased used in high school. I didn't put many miles on it at the time but I have been a commuter for college. The car is great in all conditions but I have had all of the typical Subaru problems including head gasket which started leaking at 50k and was repaired and is leaking again (it's not going to get fixed this time) and wheel bearings. It is a 9 year old car at this point with a good amount of mileage so it is bound to have its problems. The other big issue I have always had and you will to if you do a lot of highway driving is the wind noise due to having no seal around the car door windows. This issue also leads to a tendency of the car being super pichy on windy days.

Love my car
By Kate

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my Subaru Legacy brand new and have loved every minute of it! If there's one thing I don't really like its the road noise - it's very loud. Otherwise I love this car. It has 127,000 miles on it. I have a really good dealership and they are really fair and I've not ever had a bad experience with them.