Used 2010 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Best car I have ever owned
By Andy Wilkinson

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend the 2010 Outback Sport.

Not impressed
By Susan

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

High maintenance cost. Won't make 100,000 miles

Love
By Rebecca pettit

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an easy car to own. I've had it for 5 years and have not had to do any repairs, just normal maintenance. I had previously owned a Subaru before this one and was hit on the drivers door. My only injury was a burn from the side air bag. The car was totaled. I fully believe this car saved my life.

Total Failure of a Car
By Dan Barry

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The clutch on my 2.5i Subaru went out at 40k miles, the center armrest cracked, the side arm rests caved in, the trunk rattles and it burns oil like mad. Now the car is turning itself off intermittently while running, probably from a failed fuel pump. We are selling this car and getting a better vehicle. This has been the worst vehicle we've ever owned.

This is The Low End Product, but not so bad
By historybuff13

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Before I begin I just want to say I have owned 2 Foresters and they are both great cars. I bought this Imprezza used from a dealer in 2014 with under 36000 miles. I thought it was a great deal because of the milage. I have owned it for less than 3 months and I am now scheduled for my 3rd service appointment to fix the turn signal. I have read that Subaru cut corners on this model to save money and actually made the wire harness too short so that it pulls loose. I really like my dealership and in general I like Subarus, but I cannot recommend this model. I will actually be purchasing a new car this year, but I am no longer considering the Crosstrek, as it is just another Imprezza.

Update: My local dealer did eventually get the turn signal fixed (at no charge). After several years the car has exhibited no other problems. I am actually considering a Crosstrek again, but will not be in the market for a couple more years. At this point I think I would recommend it.