2017 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Windshield replacement cost - have “the Eye”
By Sharon

2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I like my Subaru Forester, however ..... If your Subaru has the safety package “The Eye” and a rock hits and cracks your windshield ... replacement windshield can take up to three weeks to come to your dealership, as apparently it is considered a special order. You, the car owner, pay’s special order delivery fee. I was quoted a price of $856 total for this new windshield by two different Subaru dealerships and Safelite too. When I complained about the cost, I was told the safety package needs to be recalibrated once installed. As a Forester owner I am “extremely” disappointed with replacement time and part availability, and think Subaru’s cost of $856 is outrageous for its car owners.

We came, We saw, We bought
By Dennis R Miller

2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have owned a Subaru Forester before so it this was not a very difficult decision for us. We have owned several Toyota Camrys before and really liked them but the Subaru blows them out of the water. Any car we buy in the future will be a Subaru. The closest thing I have to a complaint is that the Bluetooth feature can be a little spotty and I wish we had gotten one with built in GPS. I will absolutely recommend a Subaru in general and Forester specifically to anyone and everyone.

Windows problems
By Steve

2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Hello. My name is Steve and I recently purchased new 2018 Subaru Forester. Not long afterwards I had a very surprising discovery I would like to share with you guys. Every time you will disconnect your battery you will need to have your windows reprogrammed in order for them to function. It can be done at your Subaru dealership. I did contact Subaru of America representative to confirm everything - yes, windows need to be reprogrammed. And on top of enormous inconvenience it brings - YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!
I couldn't believe it when they said it. Don't forget - you disconnect the battery not only when you exchange it for the new one. Most of the repairs start with the words: "disconnect your battery". I know people who during really cold nights in the winter time disconnect the battery and place it in the warm of the house to insure the car will start in the morning.
I just wanted to warn my fellow customers who still deciding which way to go about that fact.

first automatic
By paul

2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car, my first automatic a real reliable pleasure to drive. For an SUV, extremely comfortable. Got it for the winter and I have been using it all the time.

Subaru Forester Love
By Malcolm West

2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our 2017 Forester has been outstanding and we live in an area of steep roads often covered with ice and snow. Symmetrical all-wheel drive coupled with the boxer engine is the safest way to engineer a vehicle and no other manufacturer except Porsche can match it. That said, we were recently very disappointed to learn about the oppressive labor practices that go into building the Forester in Subaru's Japanese plants. Migrant labor, sub-standard wages, 12-hour days...not pretty. Do your own research but don't get too carried away with their "Subaru Love" ad campaign because the company sounds pretty ruthless in how they treat some factory workers.